Offshore slash and burn tactics

[QUOTE=Thirds;165547]I know the horse is dead at this point but for those of us still working, we’re still working. Alot of men and women are sitting at the house wondering what to do. I am fortunate enought that I planned for situations just like these and can stave off “the man” for awhile, hopefuly I planned well enough. If not there is always inland work to be had. However in my neck of the woods that meens that the AMO owns it and I would have to bite that bullet. On the other hand I must say that some of the people that are no longer working lost that opportunity by their own hand. I was talking with my crewing supervisor and she said when she was calling guys to either stay over or come back early they would tell her “no thanks”. I was surprised at the amount of guys that did just that. I witnessed it, 3 were asked to stay over 2 weeks and all 3 said no thanks, i’d rather head to the house, knowing full well that they may not get called back at all. Its not the time to be prideful, its time to suck it up and do what is asked. If your the captain and they call you back as a cook, suck it up Shirley and put that apron on. Wish you all well and hoping for a shorter than expected downturn. Stay salty[/QUOTE]

They actually ask people to stay on longer? Heh. Where I work, they don’t bother with such niceties. They just extend you and you’re the last one to find out.

Damn, that Yankee sure had a lot to say C. Captain.

Sounds like 1860 all over again, the north industrialist getting envious of the south again. I guess we will have another Northern aggression.

[QUOTE=AB Murph;165572]Damn, that Yankee sure had a lot to say C. Captain.

Sounds like 1860 all over again, the north industrialist getting envious of the south again. I guess we will have another Northern aggression.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about author Michael Lind? He’s from Texas as are several generations of his family.

Yes I was. I can read Google before posting also. He’s still a yankee in my book. :wink:

[QUOTE=AB Murph;165584]Yes I was. I can read Google before posting also. He’s still a yankee in my book. ;)[/QUOTE]

I just love it…someone from the South who calls BULLSHIT on the South is a Yankee in your eyes…what a pathetically narrow minded person you are. Just like all your kind from deep in the heart of ol Dixie!

[QUOTE=c.captain;165593]I just love it…someone from the South who calls BULLSHIT on the South is a Yankee in your eyes…what a pathetically narrow minded person you are. Just like all your kind from deep in the heart of ol Dixie![/QUOTE]

Where’s Alanis Morrissette when you need her.

[QUOTE=The Lash;165596]Where’s Alanis Morrissette when you need her.[/QUOTE]

I am much too old to have the slightest clue as to why you posted this nor do I particularly care either.

Sure you care that’s why you responded to it. Your life must be boring just sitting around looking for arguments on the interweb. You need to go get some glaucoma medicine and relax a little.

Man, has shipping really become that stale? It’s like I come here and see the same old shit every week. Union vs Non-Union, how the guys in the oil patch are getting screwrd by Joe Boss and C.C. still hates the South. Any positive stuff out there?

[QUOTE=c.captain;165601]I am much too old to have the slightest clue as to why you posted this nor do I particularly care either.[/QUOTE]

Oh, ffs…you are younger than I am and I know who the f she is.

Of course, my musical cultural icons run along the lines of Phyllis Hyman, The SOS Band, Jermaine Jackson, Evelyn “Champagne” King, Fatboy Slim, Johnny Kemp, etc. I date m’self lol

Poor Scooter is still a Dick and on top of that he’s a Yankee Sympathizer.

[QUOTE=AHTS Master;165669]Poor Scooter is still a Dick and on top of that he’s a Yankee Sympathizer.[/QUOTE]

and you SIR are little more than a deep and festering ABSCESS in this forum! Sorry, good taste and decorum prohibit me posting photos of what I say you are which is extremely ugly and nasty!

furthermore…THE UNION WAS AND FOREVER WILL BE TRIUMPHANT WINNING A GREAT AND RIGHTEOUS WAR AGAINST A CABAL OF REBELLIOUS AND SEDITIOUS STATES RULED BY FILTHY RICH SLAVEOWNERS WHO ALL WENT BY THE NAME “JOE BOSS”.

now if all this bothers you and twists your delicate panties…well, you can simply just

now good day to you…SIR!

[QUOTE=KrustySalt;165604]Any positive stuff out there?[/QUOTE]

if you find any can you send some this way?

I told you all the positivity you need can be found at these two places. They’re just minutes from your house.

Cannerex
2714 Henson Rd. , Mt Vernon, WA, 98273

Loving Farms
2615 Old Hwy 99 S. Suite D , Mount Vernon, WA, 98273

you missed Smuggler Brothers Marijuana Mercantile on Highway 20 between Burlington and Sedro Woolley.

here’s their menu

Indica

Aff Goo

Dynamite

God's Gift

White Rhino
Conspiracy Kush

Banana Kush

Caramel Kush

Hybrid

Nightfire OG

Blue Dream

Burmese Kush

Blueberry

Snoop's Dream

White Widow

Maddawg Kush and Bubba Fish

OG Kush

Blueberry Essence

Miss Universe

Cherry Pie

Sativa

Grapefruit

Headband

Snowdawg

Lavender

Dutch Queen

Pineapple Express

Miss Universe

Roadkill Skunk

Prerolls

Montana Silver Tip

Dr. Who

Harvest Mix

Super Girl

Phantom Cookies

Chernobyl

Super Sour Diesel

Afghan Diesel

Sour Diesel

Headband

Chocolope

GSC

Edibles

Zoots Blast

Spot Brownie

Zoots Brownie Bites

Verdelux Chocolate Truffles

Zoots Rocks

Zoots Drops

Verdelux Bon-Bombs

HD Cookies

Concentrates

Harvest Mix Kief

Orange Kush

Super Lemon Haze

I am particularly partial to “Roadkill Skunk”…it’s mellow notes are of rotting salmon carcasses and Croatian armpits with hints of oily bilgewater in a 46’ 1962 wooden trawler

What about the Super Sour or Afghan Diesel? I’m also intrigued by the Maddawg Kush and Bubba Fish and the Conspiracy Kush might be good for a few laughs on an unsuspecting friend.

if I am after a few laughs at the expense of “unsuspecting friends” then I nuke em with a blast of “Chernobyl”

a hooka or two of that nastiness and the cops’ll be dragging the nearby lakes looking for the bodies!

Scooter would you like me to post my picture so you can see how handsome I am ?

Be sure to swing by tomorrow and scoop up half an ounce of your favorite blend. Then be sure to get some quality time with Billy Bongs Thornton before you start posting. Make sure you’re sufficiently “blunted” before you even log in.

Laid off from HOS in April. Looks like a loud mouthed, very opinionated, often described as combative, spiritual and optimistic tugboat skipper is not exactly what HOS needed to survive the downturn. Now I’m back on the east coast towing again and doing fine. My first trip in the oilfield was a six year stint from 1993-1999 and I learned a lot and did well. But going back in 2013 was entirely different. No longer were experience and boat handling skills needed. Administration replaced the need for officers that can run a crew effectively. The new oilfield is looking for college educated Mariners and also Mariners with a military background that can follow orders and not ask questions or express doubt in regards to the folks that make up the rules in the first place. I tried and looked out for my crew, my vessel and then my company. I’d like to think I was only let go because I didn’t hold a 6000 ton endorsement but I think it was the boys and girls in Covington are wanting a different type of individual to run their big pretty black and orange boats. The oilfield that exists in the GOM in 2015 is a very hot political place without much room for undisciplined behavior or mistakes. Promotions and demotions occur daily and men and women fear and worry for their positions. The USMM should never let their employer hold them in this position so I’ll pray that these good men and women ban together and gain a better foothold in this landslide of doubt that exists for employees of these major companies. I’d like to think if the money came back to the rates that were offered in 2013 I’d return but it’s a very difficult decision after what water has passed under my keel since that last day with the Company of Choice.