Offshore slash and burn tactics

only because I can’t reply to other threads I am going to point out that earlier this year I forecast 25% reduction in workforce and 25% cut in pay by the end of the summer if oil prices hadn’t recovered. Looks like that is coming to fruition afterall and happening earlier than I even thought. I have to wonder if it might end up more like 40% across the board by October?

all of you who worshiped at the altar of Joe better be looking for a new God to hold most high! Flying very high and fast only means you crash and burn in flames that much worse when the engine cuts out!

btw, Gary Chouest doesn’t need to pay $2B to get the list of all the ECO haters out there…he already knows who they are. They never worked for him anyway but it is the goosestepping footsoldiers who saluted his flag everyday that he needs to fear now because suddenly the ECO flag has become one which many will not want to spit upon rather than stand at attention when it is raised in the future. Malfeasance in dealing with rank and file will come back to haunt them someday. There are going to be many more like me from now on who call Massa Gary a thug and a blackguard! He’s got it coming to him and I for one am thrilled to see that the ranks of the disillusioned as swelling.

Well, I don’t blame any of these companies for what they have done. But I do think they have some management problems. I am going to some very detailed things on what goes on on the water and about how merit is based absolutely zero on work performance and skill set and absolutely 100% of who sucks up and politics the most (literally and figuratively)in some areas of the country. It’s something that needs to be written, despite whoever it might piss off. I think these things should be known. Not on here though. On my personal blog sailorshe.blogspot.com

Stay tuned

Oh I’m sure when those day rates go back up and wages sky rocket all will be long forgotten…

Business opportunity: website dedicated to firesales where mariners have to sell foolish shit they bought and could never really afford. Dually diesel trucks, boats, motorcycles, what a cash cow!

I agree somewhat but money will cure the loyalty problem, as long as you’re paying big bucks plenty of people will be happy to work for you, just not the top of the talent pool maybe.

Ok, I’ve added a little bit more to my blog. More to come.

I hope that isn’t your actual name on your blogspot profile…

Yes, you may call me Emma.

Crazy is as crazy does.

I guess somebody hasn’t leaned that life isn’t fair, and you are not a special little snowflake. Honestly your blog reads like a millennial that is upset that you didn’t get the respect you think you deserve because you so graciously blessed us with your presence. Not that I haven’t gotten on GCaptain and ranted and raved when I was laid off. I mean who doesn’t love some righteous indignation? That said, having been fucked over or put in positions where I felt it best to leave before I was fucked over a few times, I’ve learned the best why to get back was too proverbially raise both middle fingers while scream “FUCK YOU!” by going on to bigger and better things. You have two options when you are being screwed. Lay there, accept it and understand that it will just keep happening to you, or improve you situation by moving up the ladder, deciding to not work for a certain type of company, or move on to a different segment of the industry.

If things are so bad where you were why didn’t you just go somewhere else when times were good? Each company is different some better, some worse, all depends on your situation and what you are looking for from your career.

Go work a real job and tell me that it’s completely free of nepotism. Double points if its for the government.

Classy how you run down guys who have gotten their DDE 4000 by saying they are no better then QMEDs. Guess you missed the part where it also says Chief Engineer OSV, and regardless of what the license says you respect the position the person holds. They might just be glorified QMEDs in your eyes, but when was the last time you heard of a QMED getting fined or going to jail instead of the Chief when things go wrong? Why your at it please go run down all 100 ton captains. When I tested it was just the AB test with a higher passing score and charting and plotting added to it. What makes them so special?

Like that part were you blame the oil field for destroying your love life. Honestly you should count your self lucky he left before you got married. You do not want to be married to somebody who will kick rocks when things get a little bumpy. Doing what we do bumpy is par for the course just from the strain that comes from the constant long absences. Once you add in the stress that just comes from being married, kids, and the uncertainty that comes from working in the oil fields our significant others have to be just as nuts as we are to stay married to us. Honestly he would have bailed on you eventually even if you had a normal job, it’s just that his excuse was you where gone to much. Maybe things would have worked out if you hadn’t gone to sea, but then you would have compromised who you are and that’s not any better.

well said sir. Also…

If an engineer is applying for a job, he/she better be damn ready to talk about what engines they have experience with. I can’t understand how that may be found as odd to be asked that.

Many thoughts I could write down but the one thing screaming at me…how could you work on pieces of machinery for years…and not know what types and makes of machinery they were??
Just can’t understand it.

If a company is that fucked up in the interview process, don’t work there. It’s a two way process.

can we get back to bashing Joe Boss here? This downturn is showing the very ugly underside to his business practices which during good times most here fail to see. There are a few of us who do see it all during the good times as well as the bad. While I don’t think Cajaya did a very good job getting her message out in her blog, she was trying to show how unfair things are for labor in the GoM. This is something I have been myself trying to point out now for years. I am gratified that I am not alone nowdays.

Now lay off bashing the messenger and bash the Bayou Mafia bosses who call all the shots in the GoM and now are bent on ruining the lives of their minions who have no recourse to fight back!

Yes it is obvious you are not alone in your disgruntled ramblings about not measuring up to OSV Mariners. Are you sure you’re not related? You both seem to be inflicted with the same diarrhea of the mouth and delusions of grandeur.

[QUOTE=Ctony;164564]well said sir. Also…

If an engineer is applying for a job, he/she better be damn ready to talk about what engines they have experience with. I can’t understand how that may be found as odd to be asked that.[/QUOTE]

Well that same engineer that thought that the generator RAN off of batteries knew exactly the make and model of what engines were on the other boats he worked on, so what does that tell you?

[QUOTE=z-drive;164567]If a company is that fucked up in the interview process, don’t work there. It’s a two way process.[/QUOTE]
They were all like that.

[QUOTE=c.captain;164570]can we get back to bashing Joe Boss here? This downturn is showing the very ugly underside to his business practices which during good times most here fail to see. [/QUOTE]

I don’t think office types can possibly know these things go on. If people knew they were being blatantly lied to and deceived, I don’t see how they would continue to let it go on.

MY GOD! You are certainly a piece of work SIR! I wonder what you really are in your backwards world of the Bayoo because we all know you ain’t no Boss Hogg even though you probably are just as corpulent and morally bankrupt.

If you really were what you claim to be, you’d divulge this fabulous company you run but we all know you DON’T RUN SHIT!

[QUOTE=cajaya;164576]Well that same engineer that thought that the generator RAN off of batteries knew exactly the make and model of what engines were on the other boats he worked on, so what does that tell you? [/QUOTE]

There are poseurs everywhere you go. There are always going to be ABs that know more than mates, qmeds that know more than chiefs, etc. There will always be paper captains and paper chiefs with little real world experience. There will always be people that have an awesome resume, then you see them in person at work and wonder, is this the same person?
The point I am making, is someone applying for an engineer position, and seeing something amiss by being asked what kind of engines they’ve worked on, is as absurd as someone applying for a captains position and wondering why in the world am I being asked if I have z-drive experience on the west coast? Well maybe because the fucking job involves running a z-drive boat on the west coast and its not a god damned entry level position that does not require local knowledge.
If I see an ad for an opening and it says ‘experience with cat preferred’ I better be prepared to back my shit up if I get an interview.

Well, if the generator uses a run solenoid to allow fuel to flow doesn’t it technically run offen one a dem dere batteries?

[QUOTE=Flyer69;164582]Well, if the generator uses a run solenoid to allow fuel to flow doesn’t it technically run offen one a dem dere batteries?[/QUOTE]

Control panel voltage might be what he was talking about? 24V DC Control panel.