Now for something completrely different...an update on the r/v DAUNTLESS

[QUOTE=DeepSeaDiver;190309] (We call it searching) [/QUOTE]

Are you freaking mentally ill? I don’t believe for one moment that you are Mr. Nezihozfirat, a retired Turkish “engineer, experted on designing Generator sets and Power transmission.” You are certainly a plagiarist, and not a very skilled one at that. Your last post is a criminal act and one that is so very easily detected by anyone who has graduated from high school.

Hint … the governor under discussion is not an electronic governor - idiot. Now please go away and stay away.

Perhaps cCap and others will enjoy reading the source of your plagiarized wisdom: [I]Thread: causes of hunting in diesel genrator?[/I]

cr4.globalspec.com/thread/46915/causes-of-hunting-in-diesel-genrator

[I]Nov 28, 2009 - 7 posts - ‎3 authors
i want to know what are the causes of hunting in diesel gen. … for hunting (We call it searching) is the Gain abnormality at the speed governor. … An exception to this was a few of the Woodward governers…and I used to take students over to one of the patrol boats (they had 2 x 3/71 Detroit gen sets), and …[/I]

Changing the I to a we doesn’t make you the author or mean that you have actually ever even seen a governor. It does prove beyond any doubt that you are a fraud.

John, please revoke the membership of this plagiarist fraud. His presence reflects very poorly on the site. His continued presence is an insult to all the real engineers and mariners who contribute here.

[QUOTE=Steamer;190327]Are you freaking mentally ill? You are certainly a plagiarist, and not a very skilled one at that. Your last post is a criminal act and one that is so very easily detected by anyone who has graduated from high school.

Hint … the governor under discussion is not an electronic governor - idiot. Now please go away and stay away.

Perhaps cCap and others will enjoy reading the source of your plagarized wisdom: [I]Thread: causes of hunting in diesel genrator?[/I]

cr4.globalspec.com/thread/46915/causes-of-hunting-in-diesel-genrator

[I]Nov 28, 2009 - 7 posts - ‎3 authors
i want to know what are the causes of hunting in diesel gen. … for hunting (We call it searching) is the Gain abnormality at the speed governor. … An exception to this was a few of the Woodward governers…and I used to take students over to one of the patrol boats (they had 2 x 3/71 Detroit gen sets), and …[/I]

Changing the I to a we doesn’t make you the author or mean that you have actually ever even seen a governor. It does prove beyond any doubt that you are a fraud.

John, please revoke the membership of this plagiarist fraud. His presence reflects very poorly on the site. His continued presence is an insult to all the real engineers and mariners who contribute here.[/QUOTE]

Yes I found this when searching just like others do with mulitiple subjests all the time. I am in no means a fraud. I am sure you and others learned something about woodward governors. That’s the goal.

[QUOTE=c.captain;190316]having your support makes me fell just so gosh darned souper inside…

Yeah, nothing quite like the support of a plagiarizing phony who doesn’t even know that his stolen post was about electronic governors.

It is his kind of “support” that is dragging the value of information sharing on this site down to lows we haven’t seen in a while. I hope his latest “support” is seen for what it is and he vanishes into the void from whence he came.

John, shitcan that fool before he drags your site down even further.

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=DeepSeaDiver;190331] I am sure you and others learned something … [/QUOTE]

We learned something alright, but it wasn’t about governors.

[QUOTE=DeepSeaDiver;190331]Yes I found this when searching just like others do with mulitiple subjests all the time. I am in no means a fraud. I am sure you and others learned something about woodward governors. That’s the goal.[/QUOTE]

Hey, expert in “mulitiple subjests”, how about you learn this:

ACCORDING TO THE MERRIAM-WEBSTER ONLINE DICTIONARY, TO “PLAGIARIZE” MEANS
• to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one’s own
• to use (another’s production) without crediting the source
• to commit literary theft
• to present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source
In other words, plagiarism is an act of fraud. It involves both stealing someone else’s work and lying about it afterward.

[QUOTE=Steamer;190332][QUOTE=c.captain;190316]having your support makes me fell just so gosh darned souper inside…

Yeah, nothing quite like the support of a plagiarizing phony who doesn’t even know that his stolen post was about electronic governors.

It is his kind of “support” that is dragging the value of information sharing on this site down to lows we haven’t seen in a while. I hope his latest “support” is seen for what it is and he vanishes into the void from whence he came.

John, shitcan that fool before he drags your site down even further.[/QUOTE]

Steamer why don’t you start your own forum? That way you can be in control. Take that advice from a forum admin like myself. [B][U]Let’s get back on subject. You again diverting the thread.[/U][/B] Your harassment of multiple members is against the forum rules. Please try to be not so opinionated and call people unfavorable names.

[QUOTE=Lee Shore;190333]Hey, expert in “mulitiple subjests”, how about you learn this:

ACCORDING TO THE MERRIAM-WEBSTER ONLINE DICTIONARY, TO “PLAGIARIZE” MEANS
• to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one’s own
• to use (another’s production) without crediting the source
• to commit literary theft
• to present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source
In other words, plagiarism is an act of fraud. It involves both stealing someone else’s work and lying about it afterward.[/QUOTE]

You are correct Mr. Shore. I moving forward will remember to credit the source.

[QUOTE=DeepSeaDiver;190334]

Steamer why don’t you start your own forum? That way you can be in control. Take that advice from a forum admin like myself. [B][U]Let’s get back on subject. You again diverting the thread.[/U][/B] Your harassment of multiple members is against the forum rules. Please try to be not so opinionated and call people unfavorable names.[/QUOTE]

John, please…

[QUOTE=DeepSeaDiver;190334][QUOTE=Steamer;190332]

Steamer why don’t you start your own forum? That way you can be in control. Take that advice from a forum admin like myself. [B][U]Let’s get back on subject. You again diverting the thread.[/U][/B] Your harassment of multiple members is against the forum rules. Please try to be not so opinionated and call people unfavorable names.[/QUOTE]

I am pointedly “on subject” the subject being that you are a plagiarizing fraud. Your changing the “I” to a “we” is proof positive that you stole that post with the intent of leading readers to believe that you are something or someone other than what you really are. My pointing out that you are a plagiarist and a fraud is not “harassement” it is a simple fact. No “multiple members” have been harassed in this thread, you are the sole target of my criticism. You are the only plagiarist and the only one who has fraudulently attempted to pose as a subject matter expert.

You are busted, kid, Now go away.

[QUOTE=DeepSeaDiver;190331]Yes I found this when searching just like others do with mulitiple subjests all the time. I am in no means a fraud. I am sure you and others learned something about woodward governors. That’s the goal.[/QUOTE]

except you don’t read and even attempt to understand the content of what you post here…

it is abundantly clear that you do not realize that there are several different types of diesel engine governors which is more than indicative that you simply do not have any experience from which to speak about them (or anything else for that matter). you are only cutting and pasting material you can not comprehend which destroys your credibility and irks people like me to no end.

further, you are posting material as if it is original content written by you when it is clearly not and that is plain and simple plagiarism, so not only are you wrong but you are being deceitful and fraudulent…this is something none of here will tolerate for one minute from anyone but especially YOU since YOU seem to want to continue to add posts which consternate and anger many longstanding forum members. please tell us how this is not plagarism?

[QUOTE=DeepSeaDiver;190309][B][U][I]WE[/I][/U][/B] used to take students over to one of the patrol boats (they had 2 x 3/71 Detroit gen sets)[/QUOTE]

what patrol boats? YP’s (which just happen to have two 371 DD gensets)? others? give us names, when and where you were on them?

actually, since you purport to have a USCG issued master’s license, please give us names of the ships you have served aboard and the positions you filled on them? see now why we here feel you are a lying fraud who is not even close to who you pretend to be?

do you enjoy being an irritant because that is exactly what you are to us so I say that you do not belong in our group and have no standing to speak as you do so I ask you to cease posting anything further. read all but say NOTHING…

I have stated this before and stating it again here now…

I PUT IT YOU THAT YOU ARE A BLOODY IMBECILE AND A LIAR! YOU CAN KEEP POSTING ALL YOU WANT BUT WE’RE NOT GOING TO SIT HERE AND JUST LET YOU TRASH THIS PLACE!

[B]GENTLEMEN![/B]

[QUOTE=DeepSeaDiver;190335]You are correct Mr. Shore. I moving forward will remember to credit the source.[/QUOTE]

That’s only part of it. You still don’t get it so I will spell it out for you. Most of the posters on this forum have decades of maritime experience and/or formal training. Others have related life experience, some form of competence or are enrolled in an academy. They have skin in the game. So far you have exhibited you have zero connection to any of the above.
I may chime in to a discussion about something if I have some experience with it but I’m no engineer so when engineers are discussing engineer type shit, I RESPECTFULLY STAY THE FUCK OUT OF IT! They don’t need bullshit getting in the way. The same applies to any discussion.
Cutting and pasting from Google on subjects you know nothing about and taking credit is not only fraudulent, it is insulting to the rest of us and makes you look like a complete idiot. We see right through your bullshit so please stop pretending and PLEASE RESPECTFULLY STAY THE FUCK OUT OF DISCUSSIONS YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.
If I need help cutting and pasting, I’ll be sure to let you know.

[QUOTE=c.captain;190313]there is no rudder angle indicator present (the Navee took all of them off the bridge) new rudder indicator on hand but needs to be installed still.
.[/QUOTE]

What type of rudder indicator do you have on hand? How difficult will that be to install?

Memes as dank as his moms basement…

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;190378]Memes as dank as his moms basement…[/QUOTE]

Fraq mi compadre…it is EZ to actually post a photo so it shows rather than just a link

use for them to show like this

still haven’t gotten to try the stbd gen again…did disconnect the speed switch to clean the terminals on it and soon will reinstall and give the generator another try. the last time, it went into an overspeed condition even though it was not running too fast which would have to be caused by that switch. hopefully cleaning the posts with help that but if not, I have sourced a replacement on eBay.

I have been taking advantage of the sunshine and warm temps to dig out the soft wood on both the deck edge and up on the inside of the stem above the main deck. really want to get that done on both sides of the boat so next will be the starboard side deck edge.

happy to report today starboard genset was started after reinstalling the speed switch and all good. no hunting or overspeed light either. the only thing of note is the tach is not working. I installed a new magnetic pickup a long time ago so that is not the cause. I know the speed switch is getting the signal from the magnetic pickup since the underspeed light came on when shutting the engine down. however did get the generator connected to the switchboard…frequency and voltage all stable. didn’t get the chance to put a load on in tho but I have no fears

next will be to parallel the two gensets together but not till after the seatrials. in the meantime, I have a bunch of little shit still to do

here is a tach question…

I need to order some tachs and wondering if they are voltage specific? ie. 24vDC vs. 12v? are the signals sent to an electrical tach +/- voltage or amps? how does the pulse from a magnetic pickup tach sender get converted to a signal the gauge uses? My gen rpm senders feed the respective speed switches and there is an output to the electrical tach on the switchboard. I believe it is a different type of sender used on the mains though…ie. a tach generator.

since all my controls are 24v then assuming the tachs would also be that as well?

here is a question for the panel… how does the output signal from a magnetic rpm sender get converted to a signal the tach uses? on my gensets, the mag pickup goes to the speed switch and then there is an output to the tach on the switchboard. also is the signal the tach uses +/- voltage or amps?

[QUOTE=c.captain;190490]here is a question for the panel… how does the output signal from a magnetic rpm sender get converted to a signal the tach uses? on my gensets, the mag pickup goes to the speed switch and then there is an output to the tach on the switchboard. also is the signal the tach uses +/- voltage or amps?[/QUOTE]

The Tachometer should be reading the signal in Millie Volts. If you can get them to run, you can tell if it’s running but looking at the Cycle Meter. Most of the Gen Sets that I have had never had Tachs, so as long as you are showing 60 cycles you should be good to go.

[QUOTE=c.captain;190490]here is a question for the panel… how does the output signal from a magnetic rpm sender get converted to a signal the tach uses?[/QUOTE]

The mag pickup produces a magnetic field, when a gear tooth passes through that field an electical pulse (AC) is produced. That pulse is delivered to the signal processor - which Woodward calls a “speed switch” because it can do a number of other speed related tasks.

RTFM

The “speed switch” sees the pulses as a frequency that is directly proportional to rpm. It changes that frequency into the type of output required by whatever other device is connected. It might power the coil of a relay to provide over or underspeed protection, it might produce a current (4-20mA) or voltage (0-10) signal for some other controller or display like oyur tach.

on my gensets, the mag pickup goes to the speed switch and then there is an output to the tach on the switchboard. also is the signal the tach uses +/- voltage or amps?[/QUOTE]

The signal is an alternating current of somewhere between 2 and 50 volts at a frequency that varies with the rate that gear teeth pass the pickup. do you actually have a tachometer on the board? Take your meter and put it across the terminals to see what the voltage is a various speeds or if it is a pulsed signal … look up the specs and manual for your particular speed switch - it will provide everything you want to know.

time for an update on the r/v DAUNTLESS…here is the list of what is up and running as of today

1. both mains are now fully flushed of all the oil in the jacketwater and good to go.

2. controls connected to gearbox shift valve and tested good

3. both gensets running perfect and making current but not operated in parallel yet

4. steering now tested and working…bridge jog lever control tested and working

5. all nav and other lights working

here is what is not working yet

1. none of the bridge electronics (have no idea why but none of them will power up. there is power available to the breaker panel and I do not see any cut wires. got to test the power at each next but it is very odd none of them will come on?

2. potable water pump appears to be not working…don’t know if it is the pump itself or the motor controller

3. have still to test the bilge pump, the sanitary system, the galley equipment or the HVAC system

all in all, if I had to move the boat tomorrow now, I could and that is a big deal after this many months