Norwegian Navy

How? How on earth is Russia going to win a conflict in Europe? By nuking us?

Nobody thinks about Russia, and why should we? They are not insane, what have they to gain by attacking us? Russia is the largest country on earth, with large stocks of natural resources. That the country is a shit hole is by their own doing.

Russia is also a nuclear nation, if they want to end it all how are we going to stop it?

2 Likes

Your defeated tone about not being able to stop Russia says it all. ‘Why bother fighting if we’re gonna get whipped?’ I guess that’s a logical survival tactic. It worked with the Germans, no reason it won’t work when the Russians pass threw.

1 Like

I’m not saying we are not going to defend ourselves, but the siege mentality that has afflicted a lot of Americans does not help anyone. Could you please explain the logic behind a military with a budget that matches the rest of the world? Are you going to fight all of us? Enemies and allies?

1 Like

Nah we’ll just keep selling you guys over priced fighter jets while you guys pontificate on the superiority of your ship building.

2 Likes

We are on a maritime forum, would think ships and shipbuilding are the main point of discussion here.

Food for thought, if the F-35 is a over priced fighter jet and we are idiots for buying it. What does it make you, an American taxpayer?

2 Likes

A little bit richer.

I have my doubts about that.

1 Like

I don’t think I’m alone here when I say I would LOVE to stick to ships and Maritime stuff and nautical things - but sheesh, you and your countrymen continue to take pot shots at my country so sometimes…well, its fun to kick a hornets nest with you folks.

If you say so!

Hehehehe, you think this is going to shut Ombugge up? He is going to infest this thread and make it his own.

If you feel offended on behalf of American shipbuilding, tough tittis.

And with that it’s time for ombugge to get out of his berth. It’s 5:48 am over there rise and shine sir.

Very typical. When you feel defeated just attack with insults more fitting on a forum for teenagers than on a forum for grown up Mariners.

1 Like

You got shares in Lockheed Martin??

Otherwise you are just paying for a large number of those over priced jets that the US Air Force feel they need to protect you from any number of “enemies” of your own making. If you would stop calling Russia and China your “adversaries” and try to make them your friends, the world would be a much better place for all.

If there were no “enemies” there wouldn’t be any need for a large military and weapons industry, but of course that doesn’t have anything to do with it??

Free and fair competition on the world market and negotiations on any conflicting interest on all other fronts would save everybody a lot of monies that could be used to bring prosperity to all, rather than just for the weapon producers and Wall Street speculators. (Pipe dream, I know)

BTW; You cannot kill an ideology, or religious fanaticism, with fighter jets.

On the contrary! I’m hoping he continues his bloviating! Like I said - highly entertaining!

I actually do have shares in quite a few of our defense contractors. So yeah, a little bit richer. Ombugge, if Russia and China would stop acting like adversaries, well, we still would have to defend ourselves from somebody. Admittedly, Norway hasn’t been on the World Stage for, oh, maybe a thousand years unless it was to get steam rolled by someone else on their way to somewhere else. But you brought up the “over priced fighter jets” that we sell you. If you have no adversaries yourselves, why do you need them? Why be a part of NATO? And why aren’t you on your meds?

Where do you go “somewhere else” from Norway?
Oh yea, to Sweden, Finland or Russia. But,aren’t there easier routes to get there?

Why do Norway need fighter jets? To help USA fight the wars they keep on getting into.
Otherwise, mainly as “Toys for Boys”, like most military equipment in peaceful Europe.

Hope you enjoy your windfall from the sale of military equipment to Saudi Arabia, where most those who attacked you and their leader, came from.

1 Like

Looks like Trump may have found a new reason to keep the US war in Afghanistan going: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/07/27/trumps-crude-view-of-afghanistan-wont-solve-u-s-s-longest-running-war/

Whether the American troops stay or go, the Afghans will still fight each others, as they have always done. Until a foreign enemy appears on the scene, then they will unite against the common enemy and send them packing.

At least that is how it has been since Alexander the Great, but now it seams like the pattern is broken.

1 Like

I don’t know, why did the Germans decide to occupy your country? You guys wanted to remain neutral, did everything you could to stay neutral…and yet, still, Germany went ahead and over ran/occupied you guys. I absolutely will enjoy my windfall - thanks!

1 Like

What kind of fucked up logic is this? So because Norway is no longer raping and pillaging across Europe, we are no longer relevant on the World Stage?