Norway is really awesome

It’s not easy to be “best in class” at all times when you have envious people breathing down you neck all the time:

Especially when your worst critics are your own people.

Norway is “Best in Class” for democracy as well:

Where is USA?? In 21st place, which is among the Flawed Democracies with an index of 7.99.
That is on par with Italy, but behind South Korea, Chile and Spain.

The Aasta Hansteen platform has been officially named for a women’s right fighter on Women’s Day:

20 persons will be enough to keep this monster in operation when in ordinary production.

What is the “secrete” behind the Norwegian success in the Winter Olympic??
Here is an article in the British The Guardian with their opinion on the matter:

Now the Paralympics have started :

We’ll see who tops the medal tally at the end of it, but with the US having the biggest contingent by far and competing in all disciplines, they should stand a good chance of winning.

This is what is not so awesome with Norway:

There are many cases like this. Asylum seekers are kept in limbo for years, or something pops up that change their situation after having lived in Norway for years. Sometime children who have been born here are deported with their families because of some obscure reason.
In this case the family will be sent back to Afghanistan because the authorities don’t believe that they are unable to contact the father in Afghanistan, thus have a male guardian there:

Some cases gets media coverage locally, but few internationally, which helps.
In this and many other case the local community supports the refugees, but even that does not always help to reverse the decision.

One of the problems are that the Minister in charge is from the far-right Progressive Party and they want Norway to be the toughest on immigration in all of Europe.

Norway actually need migrants, but are afraid of people of other races and religions.
Sounds familiar??

I can’t speak for Norway but will address your obvious reference to the US… Do we really need immigrants? Yes, without immigration our population will fall. But is that a bad thing in the age of automation? It seems that the government’s goal to identify and kill as many decent paying jobs as possible via a combination of offshoring and automation so maybe fewer people to be unemployed isn’t a bad thing? Please save the reference to the currently low unemployment number as we all know this isn’t a true measure of those who are in the sideline.

As far as your obviously trolling statement about the US being afraid of people of other colors and religions, please refer to the original post in the other thread to refute your canned, globalist, left wing rhetoric.

To quote a female official from your linked article:

‘As for any backlash against the country’s new policy, she responded, “I don’t give a damn, and that’s because this is the right thing to do.”’

Imagine that…#makeNorwaygreatagain

1 Like

Making money at an oil price of USD 10/bbl.??
TROLL phase III is slated to do so:

Johan Sverdrup, the new giant field on the Norwegian OCS under development is not far behind:

Norway has lost it’s position as the happiest country in the world to, of all places, FINLAND:

Welcome to Silicon Fjords, the centre of excellence and innovation in the maritime field:

And now the sport:

Time to stir the pot a little.

1 Like

Coffee is life. Company decided to save money on the food budget on board so now we receive some foul shit called “friele economy coffee” almost cause for mutiny. Have to run onshore and buy coffee whenever we are at quay now.

Every ship that I’ve been on that had even one Norwegian officer had coffee machine(s) which we could have sold and hired our own barista for a year with the proceeds. Crazy pants. And the capacitors in those things… not toys, y’all.

zap

When the Italians took over Lay Barge SEMAC 1 the first thing that happened was that a BIIIG cappuccino machine appeared in the Mess Room, with smaller once in the Control Tower and Superintendent Office.
Not a Norwegian in sight though. (Except your truly)

Tacos, really? Don’t think I have even seen a place that sells tacos in my visits up there, but that is really only the airport at Gardermoen and then Lillehammer. I think that I saw more pizza restaurants in Lillehammer than anything else. Not very good ones, either. But it HAS been a couple of years. . . .

“Taco Friday” is apparently a thing in Norway:

I’m not sure why this modified Tex-Mex dish has become a Norwegian tradition, but apparently it is.

As for the tasteless Pizza it is because they have adapted the American style with a thick bun rather than the thin crush Italian style.

The most popular frozen Pizza is the Grandioza, made right here in Sunnmore:
https://www.grandiosa.no/

PS> I only eat the specially thin-crusted Japanese style Pizza at the Cable Car Pub & Restaurant at Cuppage Terrace in Singapore:

I could not resist sharing this still from the trailer of a film called “A Good Old Fashioned Orgy”. It’s a comedy, but this is the funniest thing in it.

Norwegian

1 Like

More on the “famouse” Grandiosa, the biggest selling Pizza in Norway:

With the Norwegian population of approx. 5.3 Mill. that is a heck of a lot of pizzas. (7 Pizzas/pers.yr.)

From Pizza back to something more nautical.
There haven’t been any accurate count on the number of seafarers working on Norwegian flag ships (NOR & NIS), or Norwegian owned and operated ships under other flags. Much less any study into where seafarers that go ashore end up.

That will changes now. Both the Officers Union and the Government are going to make a study of the subject:

They will do so separately and with slightly different purpose in mind, but may cooperate where it makes good sense.
One of the main purposes for both is to determine what type of education and training is needed for the changing work environment of the future.

Seagoing experience will still be necessary to fill positions in shorebased management and regulatory functions. It will also be important in the development and design of ships, equipment, systems and operating protocols for the shipping industry of the future.

PS> Not least retraining to stay updated and relevant, thus employable.

Can some young inventors in Bergen create new industry with their revolutionary new production method for carbon nanofiber?
CO2 and cheap hydroelectric power is key:

USD 90/gr. must be an incentive as well.