NI processing time

Sorry for your troubles. I received my book back with full unlimited certificate exactly 13 days from the time I sent it to them. It may just be the desk it ended up on. Goodluck

[QUOTE=Third Coast;150000]just got off the phone with them and they said “its in queue to be processed” and that was all i could really get out of them. they received it on september 8th, and said i should check back next year since they close on december 24th until january 2nd.

now i get to wait more and hopefully they dont find some little bullshit wrong with it and kick it back so i have to wait another 4 months. what a crock of shit.[/QUOTE]

I have heard horror stories just like this many times. This appears to be the norm at the NI.

[QUOTE=captainbry;150001]Sorry for your troubles. I received my book back with full unlimited certificate exactly 13 days from the time I sent it to them. It may just be the desk it ended up on. Goodluck[/QUOTE]

yea this is what gets me. how the hell can there be such a disparity. i thought about just calling and checking to see if i handed it in in person if they would evaluate it right there. would have been a free trip with the pay raise that comes with having the damn cert.

not a bad idea

Well its too late now.

Worries will be gone soon with the uscg proposing no dp licence at all.
All your wishes come true except with the cook on the console as well you can kiss a payrise goodbye from having a dp licence that you no longer need.

Today marks 120 days and all they can tell me is that it’s still in queue, they have a lot of applications and only two women reviewing them. I’m pissed.

Another week and was told it would be another couple yet.

Well a friend just got his notice that he has been approved and he submitted two months after i did and i am still getting the run around every time i have called. 130 days now.

Just got mine with a unlimited certificate attached. Took just above 3 weeks from I sent it from Norway with DHL express.
Maybe they have been hiring some extra personell?

[QUOTE=rasa;152833]Just got mine with a unlimited certificate attached. Took just above 3 weeks from I sent it from Norway with DHL express.
Maybe they have been hiring some extra personell?[/QUOTE]

thats cool, i still dont have mine.

called again. asked for a supervisor and they put on someone who had the worst stutter i have ever heard. it took her an hour to tell me that they will call me back in a week or two AGAIN

Mine took 64 days to get approved from the day I mailed it from Houston. It was mailed back to me on the 65th day. Should be here soon. I was expecting 12 weeks of waiting.

Sent in application and logbook on December 19th. Email from NI stating they had received my application package came on the 24th…placed in que. New online database shows “Received and in process”.

Clock still ticking…

NI has had my logbook and app for five months. They have not even responded to my last two emails, I have not called them yet as I was unsure how much that would cost but it looks like yelling may be the only recourse for me. What is the best way to contact the NI? Skype?

I dropped mine off at Fedex on Jan 17, My certificate was delivered to my home on Feb 9. I also expected months of waiting.

[QUOTE=Tcaptain;155147]NI has had my logbook and app for five months. They have not even responded to my last two emails, I have not called them yet as I was unsure how much that would cost but it looks like yelling may be the only recourse for me. What is the best way to contact the NI? Skype?[/QUOTE]

Get a calling card and call on the appropriate day. Highly doubt they will skype. Ask for the guy I mentioned at start of thread; he was awesome.
You can easily find a calling card online which will provide numerous local access tel number for every state. Call the number, enter pin, enter NI number. $10 card that will let you call UK for less than .10/min.

My application arrived 2/23/15

This morning I received the email stating my application had been received.

A few hours later I received an email saying my application has been verified and I’ll be notified when it ships.

Took both courses at Kongsberg

You were successful submitting on new Alexis platform? I heard there was a glitch . Also did you scan every single page of DP book as they wanted or just your completed pages? Thanks for your feedback

You were successful submitting on new Alexis platform? I heard there was a glitch . Also did you scan every single page of DP book as they wanted or just your completed pages? Thanks for your feedback