New/Unread posts

Somewhere along the line, John fixed one problem and created another.

For a long time since the downgrade to the new forum, if I went for over a month or two without logging into gCaptain, there would be 10 pages or more of topics under the “New Posts” button. I would get to read 3 or 4 topics (not even a full page) and then would be told that there are no more unread new posts. Aggravating.

Now, I have the opposite problem. When I click on “go to first unread”, even if it is a thread I have responded in, it always goes to the very first post in that thread.

Sigh! Can’t we just go back to the way it was? This was an awesome website before javascript caused my 18Mb connection to take over a full minute just to load the main page (I no longer even try to read the news articles there). Now, reading the forums has become a hassle since I find myself scrolling through pages of replies that I have already read even when the site is supposed to take me to the first unread post.

When you “Click” on a Thread are you clicking on the Thread Title or the Green Dot at the Left of the Title? If I click on the green Dot, it takes me to the “Newest” post but If I Click on the Title of the Thread, it takes me to the First opst in the Thread.

Nope. Clicking the green dot. When I first go to gCaptain, the green dot will take me to the first unread post (usually. There are still a lot that go to the beginning of the thread). If someone posts to a thread I have already read new posts in, then the green dot takes me to the same starting place I had first thing in the morning ignoring all of the posts that I already read today.

They app is a lot simpler

[QUOTE=Tugslasthitch;179091]They app is a lot simpler[/QUOTE]

The app stopped working on most Android phones around two years ago.

damn that’s weird, that’s all I use unless I’m home on the computer , works good on the iPhone

[QUOTE=Tugslasthitch;179108]damn that’s weird, that’s all I use unless I’m home on the computer , works good on the iPhone[/QUOTE]

I can’t speak towards iPhone, I edited my post for clarity.

[QUOTE=Capt. Phoenix;179093]The app stopped working on most Android phones around two years ago.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I left the iPhail around that time.