New Training Vessel for Kings Point

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;82551]I stopped it a quarter way through - Maybe you’d have more forbearing

//youtu.be/UMahtKQcWik
[/QUOTE]

Excruciating is the only word that comes to mind but I “Forced” myself all the way though. Did I say long winded speeches filled with meaningless platitudes by minor luminaries yet?

Speaking of the great Force, neither he nor the band are anywhere to be seen in this clip! Maybe they were playing at the opening of a new Chuck E. Cheese’s nearby?

As an aside, does anyone agree with me that LaHood appears to be a singularly miserable and unhappy man with a perpetual sourpuss look on his face and that Matsuda looks like a cross between a chimp and Adam Sandler? I mean that man just looks downright stupid! Poor Helis, to have such men to be your bosses, but the fool took the job when he could have just retired and played golf for the rest of his life. No wonder Greene lost it in the end…I can only imagine what Greene must have said to have made LaHood demand his head like that? Has to have been about Matsuda! Well easy for me to imagine but that’s my nature!

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;82245]Thank you

10 miles, as the crow flies, and two canyons south so we are safe.
It’s the friggen wind - It doesn’t stop - Yesterday I helped friends move valuables and critters, the wind brought the flames to within a quarter mile from their home, fortunately the fire lines held. As of now the winds, which blew like the Banshee have abated yet tonight, as I look to the south, I still see fires raging on the mountain. Hey, shit happens!.
The Big Fire is south, on the Montana - Idaho border. Only when the snow flies will that demon die.[/QUOTE]

How those fires doin there this evening John? Getting any relief in the wind? How’s you supply of hooch and dried wrapped turds holding up? Is Fang back in the hoosegow?

[QUOTE=c.captain;82579]How those fires doin there this evening John? Getting any relief in the wind? How’s you supply of hooch and dried wrapped turds holding up? Is Fang back in the hoosegow?[/QUOTE]

The fires are putting out gobs of smoke, folks in the Bitterroot Valley with breathing problems are now advised to leave.
Fang is still trying to recover his losses in an all night poker round in Lolo, Montana.
Got plenty of hooch and gars, should I run out of both I just may turn into something ugly - being a life long merchant seaman I have plenty experience.
Here’s a picture I took at 1600 today - it was much worse yesterday.

[ATTACH]2400[/ATTACH]

This is what it should look like:

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;82583]The fires are putting out gobs of smoke, folks in the Bitterroot Valley with breathing problems are now advised to leave.
Fang is still trying to recover his losses in an all night poker round in Lolo, Montana.
Got plenty of hooch and gars, should I run out of both I just may turn into something ugly - being a life long merchant seaman I have plenty experience.
Here’s a picture I took at 1600 today - it was much worse yesterday.

[ATTACH]2400[/ATTACH]

This is what it should look like:[/QUOTE]

Man, what a difference between those two pictures! As we all know smoke is nothing to be screwed with. I hope that anyone with problems breathing heeded the warning and got out of there.

Be Safe my Friend.

[QUOTE=Tugs;82594]Man, what a difference between those two pictures! As we all know smoke is nothing to be screwed with. I hope that anyone with problems breathing heeded the warning and got out of there.

Be Safe my Friend.[/QUOTE]

Thanks - I’m a tuff geezer
Here’s what it looks like from space.
The Montana Bitterroots start at Missoula and stretch south to Lost Trail Pass.
We are socked-in.The word is that folks in danger of breathing complications are leaving.

[ATTACH]2404[/ATTACH]

baboom, CHA!

[QUOTE=c.captain;79452]Did you know there’s another T-AGOS ship sitting in Seattle that KP could have if they we’re so fucking dim? It was transferred to Seattle Central Community College to use in their maritime training program but they have no money to operate the thing. I bet they’d love to give it to KP and you know, being diesel electric, you could make one of those DP. It would be an entire galaxy farther ahead that what they just got.

Except the problem is that there’s no one at KP who can get it from Seattle to NY! They’d have to contract out the job!

This is literally unbelievable to me!

.[/QUOTE]

SMA doesn’t have it anymore, I think Ocean Beauty Seafoods has it now.

US Seafoods actually, they bought the old NOAA dock down by lake union dry dock. They also bought the cape flattery which was a torpedo retrieval boat like the battle point ytt-11 I think.

[QUOTE=rshrew;105466]US Seafoods actually, they bought the old NOAA dock down by lake union dry dock. They also bought the cape flattery which was a torpedo retrieval boat like the battle point ytt-11 I think.[/QUOTE]

WTF is US Seafoods going to do with those vessels? Can’t catch or process!

I think just process but you never know…,