New Training Vessel for Kings Point

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;80239]Calling c.captain - Oh c.captain - I got something which surly will make your day:[/QUOTE]

then there’s this gem from the ewetoobs

//youtu.be/axYpKNHLIFo

It’s overly long but it literally contains everything imaginable to show the incredible farce that KP is including a longwinded mumbling speech by the great Force himself. He must have had the most amazing woodie when the Royal Highlander Band came marching in!

You know, it would at least be tolerable if they sounded good, but they DON’T! I mean listen to the music carefully and you see.

Anyway, I’m moved to taking a movement,see ya in the funny pages

Huzzah!

Hey Sweaty…didn’t this happen right next door to you?

Bigfoot Hoaxer Killed in Accident

By Benjamin Radford,

…A Montana man was struck and killed by cars Sunday night while trying to hoax a Bigfoot sighting. The Montana Highway Patrol reported that Randy Lee Tenley of Kalispell was pronounced dead at the scene on U.S. Highway 93 south of Kalispell after being hit by two cars consecutively.

Tenley was wearing a military-style ghillie suit, which is a type of camouflage that resembles vegetation or foliage. Police interviewed Tenley’s friends to determine why he would be wearing a full-length dark ghillie suit in the right-hand lane of the highway at night, and were apparently told of Tenley’s nocturnal Bigfoot-inspired mischief.

Trooper Jim Schneider, interviewed by the Daily Inter Lake.com, said that Tenley “was trying to make people think he was Sasquatch so people would call in a Sasquatch sighting. You can’t make it up. I haven’t seen or heard anything like this before. Obviously, his suit made it difficult for people to see him.”

The most famous film of a Bigfoot — one shot in 1967 in Bluff Creek, Calif., by a man named Roger Patterson — is widely considered a hoax pulled off by a man in a costume. Whether Patterson was the hoaxer or victim of a hoax is unclear, but anyone pulling such a stunt these days is taking a real risk. [Bigfoot, Nessie & the Kraken: Cryptozoology Quiz]

Tenley’s death will likely reignite a long-standing debate within the Bigfoot community: Would it be ethical to shoot and kill a Bigfoot? Some say yes, because that’s the only way to prove they exist, and once proof is found, funds could be made available to protect them as an endangered species. Others say no, that because Bigfoot sightings are so rare, they must have very small populations and killing one might drive the animals to extinction. Ecological ethics aside, aiming a gun at a Bigfoot could be a bad idea. You simply can’t know for sure if the mysterious, burly figure you have lined up in your sights is the real beast, or a bear, or a hoaxer in a costume.

This tragedy also highlights the prevalence and dangers of Bigfoot hoaxing. It is unknown whether Tenley had pulled the same prank on previous occasions (and therefore may be responsible for earlier Bigfoot reports in the area), but it seems unlikely that he was killed during the one and only time he chose to don the suit to scare people into thinking they saw Bigfoot

So tell me which is it? Everclear or meth that you people are addicted to living in the woods up there? A very very strange land you live in…

It seems to me that KP has drifted so far toward being just another military academy, and so far from being any sort of maritime academy (with a license and relevant career preparation program), that they should just drop the license program altogether. KP’s focus seems to be on providing a military education (while pretending to be a liberal arts education) with marching shinny brass bands and goosestepping cadets in crisp white uniforms. KP appears to be too incompetent to even select an appropriate training ship, much less operate one. If KP wants to send cadets to sea, they should send them to the Navy or the MSC exclusively.

KP could continue its existence — its true primary purpose — and continue to attract top students — with no tuition and a totally free college education — just fine without any ship(s) or a license program. Perhaps KP’s destiny lies along the path of becoming a military college with marching band, like say, Norwich University in Vermont.

It does not appear that KP has any intention of preparing its students for any maritime careers, much less “brown water” maritime careers. Nor does KP have the competence to do so, so why all this pretense?

KP should just become the military academy that it wants to be.

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;80239]Calling c.captain - Oh c.captain - I got something which surly will make your day:[/QUOTE]

I don’t think he needs help to make his days “surly”, he’s like that all the time.

[QUOTE=tugsailor;80250]… so why all this pretense?[/QUOTE]

Because when old classmates become barnacles attached to an MSC or DoD desk, the money they can send to members of the old boy’s club is just too damn good to give up. Besides, it would feel so bad to have your entire reason for existence suddenly and officially declared obsolete and irrelevant.

[QUOTE=c.captain;80249]Hey Sweaty…didn’t this happen right next door to you?[/QUOTE]

Naa … that’s up in the Flathead, a lot of strange stuff goes on up there but down here, in The Roots, we are quite normal, Why once a year in high summer we have Unicycle Days, where we all get naked, stick a feather in our ass and ride our unicycles along the highway, waving at all the tourist. Very healthy family orientated fun, quite normal.

[QUOTE=c.captain;80249]So tell me which is it? Everclear or meth that you people are addicted to living in the woods up there? A very very strange land you live in…[/QUOTE]

Did I ever mention I got a ride in a flying saucer? Wanted to stay but flunked the License Exam.

[QUOTE=jdcavo;80260]I don’t think he needs help to make his days “surly”, he’s like that all the time.[/QUOTE]

Don’t call me Shirley

Maritime TV KP August KP News Report has video of new training vessel and interview with new Superintendent…

http://www.maritimetv.com/Featured-Content/Maritime-TV-Upcoming-and-Recent-Webcast-Events/Kings-Point-Acta-Non-Verba-Report?VID=maritime/120828_MaritimeTV_ANV.flv

From Tim Colten’s website

USMMA Gets Totally Inadequate Training Ship

The Maritime Administration has found a new training ship for Kings Point. It’s the 168-foot Liberty Star, which is basically a tug, a 32-year-old tug, built by Atlantic Marine (Jacksonville) for United Towing in 1980 and recently employed by NASA to tow bits of rockets around. Read the announcement here. This is a completely ridiculous and totally inappropriate selection: is Kings Point the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy or the Long Island tugboat skippers school? Their training ship needs to be an oceangoing cargo ship that can circumnavigate the globe, flying the flag with pride. There are plenty of them in the Reserve Fleet. This choice is a slap in the face of every KP grad. If there were any who weren’t already mad at MARAD, there are a lot fewer now. But what can we expect from the idiots in DoT? What do we have to do to get some leadership into that useless agency? August 23/24, 2012.

KP doesn’t need a new training ship. They need some fighter jets and helicopters for the 90 percent of the school who goes into the navy but couldn’t get into annapolis The government needs to leave the training to the school across the way. The school that produces real mariners.

[QUOTE=riverrat;80959]KP doesn’t need a new training ship. They need some fighter jets and helicopters for the 90 percent of the school who goes into the navy but couldn’t get into annapolis [/QUOTE]

Doubtful facts can support your post. The chance of being accepted into KP is much lesser than acceptance at the Naval Academy, for many reasons.

[QUOTE=riverrat;80959] The government needs to leave the training to the school across the way. The school that produces real mariners.[/QUOTE]

Again, you are not correct, KP and the State Schools produce graduates with the exact training. The difference is what the graduates do with their License. KP has drifted so far away from being a Merchant Marine Academy it is no longer relevant. KP must change or close but your statement that the school across the way produces real mariners is stupid. All the Maritime Schools produce the same product, a License. If a graduate sails the real education starts at day one on the job and continues all throughout the working years. With the US Merchant Marine in such a decline one has to ask is a Federal Academy necessary?

Good Morning,

We are excited to announce that USMMA’s new training vessel, [I]M/V Liberty Star[/I], will arrive at the[B]U.S. Merchant Marine Academy[/B] on Friday, September 14 from Cape Canaveral (FL). There will be a Plaque and Key Ceremony at the Academy’s Waterfront at 1600 (4:00 p.m. EST) as the vessel docks for the first time at Kings Point.

[B]U.S. Department of Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood[/B], [B]Maritime Administrator David Matsuda[/B], [B]USMMA Superintendent RADM James A. Helis, USMS[/B] and NASA representatives will be in attendance to welcome all and acknowledge the work of the NASA representatives for their efforts in bringing the [I]M/V Liberty Star[/I] to Kings Point.

The soon-to-be named [I]T/V Kings Pointer[/I] will then be sent to dry-dock to increase on-board berthing and be fully converted to a training vessel for the Academy and its Midshipmen.

[B]We invite all alumni, parents and friends to join us on campus for this special occasion. [/B]

[QUOTE=leadline;82177]We invite all alumni, parents and friends to join us on campus for this special occasion.[/QUOTE]

where refreshments will be served after long winded and self serving speeches filled with empty platitudes by the many minor luminaries present and then there will be much rejoicing by all

//youtu.be/GjjZGyYcH9E

also the KP Fanfare Trumpet Squadron will be in attendance to blow huzzahs and flourishes followed by the KP Marching Band playing George M. Cohan and Cole Porter favorites with the Class of 2016 performing a stirring choreographed dance tribute to the Academy’s fine new “ship”. Master of ceremonies will be the legendary Captain Kenneth R. Force, USMS who will emcee the event from the goldplated seat of his golfcart which itself will be festooned with much red, white and blue bunting for the occasion.

Seating is limited and tickets on a first come, first served basis. This promises to be the social event of the week so YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS IT! CALL NOW!*

*except for Sweat-n-grease who should never call since he is old and smells bad and who’s presence at such a festive event will be the equivalent of a turd in the punchbowl (in fact he might literally leave a turd in the punchbowl) so security be on alert for him infiltrating this moment for the Academy to shine in the sun again and reclaim the glory that KP rightly deserves! Remember KP is great because KP says it is and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise!

[QUOTE=leadline;82177][B]We invite all alumni, parents and friends to join us on campus for this special occasion. [/B][/QUOTE]

Somehow I got a feeling I might be out of place - Could be wrong

[ATTACH]2346[/ATTACH]

Perhaps I’ll send my brother in my place.

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;82185]Somehow I got a feeling I might be out of place - Could be wrong

Perhaps I’ll send my brother in my place.[/QUOTE]

God forbid someone with such “crust” gains access to mar the perfect photo op! You do not have that KP’er look and I don’t imagine that KP’er smell either! I definitely think that the USMMAAA would intercept you before you even got as far as the gate (hell the stink of that burning dried turd in your mouth would tip them off to your arrival a week in advance!) and then would spirit you off to some hole in the compound to bury you in until the gala festivities were over. Actually, once they have you they might never let you out! God only know what they’d do to me if I am ever captured? That’s why I always go around with a vial of nitro in my pocket. Try to take me and we’ll all go up together! Of course, I once tripped on a curb when stumbling back to my ship after having a couple and I leveled half the waterfront. Luckily it was in some third world shithole of a port so no one noticed!

Tell me about your brother…is he also a Bear Claw lookalike from Jeremiah Johnson as well? Is he handy with a knife and musket too?

Or is he more of a Ninja assassin type? I think that is more of what we need! Does he work cheap?

btw, what’s that you drinkin out of a Mason Jar son…it’s certainly not ethanol? The Gummint man know about your hooch?

I’m kind of curious on who crewed the vessel.

[QUOTE=c.captain;82186]God forbid someone with such “crust” gains access to mar the perfect photo op! You do not have that KP’er look and I don’t imagine that KP’er smell either! I definitely think that the USMMAAA would intercept you before you even got as far as the gate (hell the stink of that burning dried turd in your mouth would tip them off to your arrival a week in advance!) and then would spirit you off to some hole in the compound to bury you in until the gala festivities were over. Actually, once they have you they might never let you out! God only know what they’d do to me if I am ever captured? That’s why I always go around with a vial of nitro in my pocket. Try to take me and we’ll all go up together! Of course, I once tripped on a curb when stumbling back to my ship after having a couple and I leveled half the waterfront. Luckily it was in some third world shithole of a port so no one noticed!.[/QUOTE]

Sir, I thought you knew, most folks do, are you sure you haven’t heard why I live in The Wilds? No one can stand to be within 1000 yards of me without coming down with heavy duty hiccups. Think about it, should I ever attend this sparkling white event the whole shebang, including the new Admiral, will be hiccuping all over the place. Why, it will be awful, almost as bad as stepping on a ping pong ball. Ghastly !!

[QUOTE=c.captain;82186]Tell me about your brother…is he also a Bear Claw lookalike from Jeremiah Johnson as well? Is he handy with a knife and musket too?.[/QUOTE]

Kindly give Fang some slack - He just got sprung from the hoosegow.

[QUOTE=c.captain;82186]Or is he more of a Ninja assassin type?.[/QUOTE]

No, not quite, he’s very handy with a monkey wrench. Will that do?

[QUOTE=c.captain;82186] Does he work cheap?[/QUOTE]

The best ya can find
for a bottle of wine

[QUOTE=c.captain;82186]btw, what’s that you drinkin out of a Mason Jar son…it’s certainly not ethanol?[/QUOTE]

~ Turkey on ice is nice ~

[QUOTE=c.captain;82186] The Gummint man know about your hooch?.[/QUOTE]

I know naa-sing NAAAA-SING

I consider stepping on a slug on wet grass in bare feet to be about as ghastly as it comes but you might be a close 2nd

Kindly give Fang some slack - He just got sprung from the hoosegow.

I hope he wasn’t in stir for something minor? If a man’s gonna do hard time let it be for a real crime!

No, not quite, he’s very handy with a monkey wrench. Will that do?

I was hoping more for a blowgun type but we might have a place for a blunt object man…

The best ya can find
for a bottle of wine

excellent Smithers…sign him up immediately

OK, I’ve got all of my team together now. Codename for the operation will be Liquify UniBlab. I’ll be in the commandmobile with all the surveillance and communications gear and the detonator. Reb…you’re drivin the stealthmobile with the dual 50’s. Fraq…you’ll be in scuba gear with the limpet mines. Sweat will lay down smoke with his flaming turd and Fang will standby the exits to make sure no one escapes alive. D Day is this Friday…H Hour is 1600. We rendezvous for beers at noon and take up positions at 1500 after we’ve all downed a half rack each (Fang gets Ripple). When we’re in position and ready, the signal to go will be when the dance numbers begin. The whole job should only take three minutes start to finish and afterwards we all meet back for more beers and shots. I’m buying!

They’ll never see me coming sir!

[QUOTE=c.captain;82217]OK, I’ve got all of my team together now. Codename for the operation will be Liquify UniBlab. I’ll be in the commandmobile with all the surveillance and communications gear and the detonator. Reb…you’re drivin the stealthmobile with the dual 50’s. Fraq…you’ll be in scuba gear with the limpet mines. Sweat will lay down smoke with his flaming turd and Fang will standby the exits to make sure no one escapes alive. D Day is this Friday…H Hour is 1600. We rendezvous for beers at noon and take up positions at 1500 after we’ve all downed a half rack each (Fang gets Ripple). When we’re in position and ready, the signal to go will be when the dance numbers begin. The whole job should only take three minutes start to finish and afterwards we all meet back for more beers and shots. I’m buying![/QUOTE]

I see a great movie in the making, I’m laughing my ass off as I sip contents of my mason jar - oh - and send out clouds of turd smoke not that we here in the smokey Bitterroots are in need of any more smoke.
On a serious side, as I enter this text, wild fires are alive and most dangerous here in the Rocky Mountain States, a few very close to me and Fang. We are on alert.