NEO and beyond

Well I hear they are not even hiring when they have been visiting Academies this fall. It may be a while before they post openings. I cleared medical and security back in May and I’m still waiting for a NEO date for a 2nd Mate job. They tell me to check in once a month, but last month they said they’ve had the lowest attrition rate ever and would be reducing manning levels in 2017 due to several ships laying up. I’ll keep checking in once a month but until the oil patch picks back up I think everyone there is hanging onto their jobs.

[QUOTE=GLMASailor;193119]Well I hear they are not even hiring when they have been visiting Academies this fall. It may be a while before they post openings. I cleared medical and security back in May and I’m still waiting for a NEO date for a 2nd Mate job. They tell me to check in once a month, but last month they said they’ve had the lowest attrition rate ever and would be reducing manning levels in 2017 due to several ships laying up. I’ll keep checking in once a month but until the oil patch picks back up I think everyone there is hanging onto their jobs.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I applied back at the end of last February. It may be a while for the oil field to pick up to. Right now I am working for a tug company on the Illinois river. Think I’ll go get my steersman endorsement. Never hurts to have a back up plan.

You’ll be sitting in the pool for probably a week or two before getting called out.