Navy's Newest LCS Little Rock

Looks like it was too cold to wash the generator soot off the topsides…

1 Like

Well, I wasn’t going to bring it up, but I understand she was on portable shore power for most of her stay in Montreal, which caused its own problems:

All ships come home from deployment with the sea showing plain, and make no mistake, by the time LITTLE ROCK makes it home she’ll have made the most exhaustive LCS deployment to date.

I hope she makes it further down the Coast before suffering another breakdown. IIRC, one of her sisters almost made it to the Chesapeake Bay before breaking down.

That was the Milwaukee that broke down on her delivery trip. So either thats the benchmark for shortest delivery cruise without an engineering failure, or you could count Little Rock ingesting debris on her way from commissioning in Buffalo to the Welland Canal and getting sidelined for several days for repairs…

I just want to confirm, this is not a joke, correct?

1 Like

It’s nice when you receive more than you ask for, isn’t it??:

I know this board isn’t big on reviving old threads, but it seemed appropriate in this place, as this thread is as old as the ship and is likely to outlive her altogether:

The whole LCS program was a spectacular waste of time and resources. I can’t even fully articulate how it makes me feel. I just hope one day soon they’ll all be decommissioned and we can pretend this whole shambolic episode never happened (because we’ll be clever enough to learn from our mistakes).

2 Likes

I doubt we can get a refund, but maybe we can get credit towards our next warship purchase from the defense contractors? Like, throw in a turbine or two for free? Ship comes with a free tank of gas?

1 Like