Navy Captain Faces Imprisonment in Fraud Scheme

[QUOTE=cajaya;182420]According to this site, the U.S. HDI is 8. Maybe it has something to do with the gender inequality index being 55, more than double that of any of the other developed countries.[/QUOTE]

USA is ranked #55 on that GII index, with a score of 0.280, while Slovenia is ranked #1 at a score of 0.016: http://hdr.undp.org/en/composite/GII

On the GDP(PPP) index USA is ranked #10 in 2014 by IMF. By CIA it is ranked #12: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

But in Nominal GDP USA ranks supreme as #1: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

If you ask “Which is the best country to live in” there are a lot of different opinions, from this: http://www.techinsider.io/the-top-countries-to-live-in-2015-12

To this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/01/20/these-are-the-worlds-best-countries-sorry-america-youre-number-4/

You may notice that Norway is #1 on the first list, but doesn’t even exist on the last list.
I just wonder why? Could it be that Washington Post has a problem with geography, a common problem in the US, I believe??
(Norway??? Isn’t that the capital of Sweden??)

[QUOTE=ombugge;182426]
You may notice that Norway is #1 on the first list, but doesn’t even exist on the last list.
I just wonder why? Could it be that Washington Post has a problem with geography, a common problem in the US, I believe??
(Norway??? Isn’t that the capital of Sweden??)[/QUOTE]
Now watchu talkin’ bout?! Us ‘mericans aint got no problem with no geography!
Copenhagen! Now quit yankin’ my chain there! That ain’t no capital of no European continent, evry ‘body knows thats chewin’ tobacco!

No, bt seriously. How can Europeans expect us to know about every European country?

That map doesn’t even include Alaska.

I really liked this example here:

This is What Happens When Americans and Brits Label Maps

[QUOTE=johnny.dollar;182423]You know what’s funny? I never see women lining up and protesting that they are “underrepresented” in coal mining, garbage collectors, pipeline welders, farmers, etc. Also, this is funny too “Few women show interest in infantry jobs opened to them”: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/03/18/few-women-show-interest-new-infantry-jobs-opened-them/81966838/

And of course, what about the end all of equality: selective service (aka the draft). Last I checked, a woman can’t be drafted and sent away against her will to be shot at. Yup, equality…when it’s wanted.[/QUOTE]

The “income inequality” is at least partially explained by two factors:

1. They average all the income of all men who work and the same for women but women are virtually nonexistent in the highest paying manual labor jobs and a high majority in low paying jobs like public school teacher. This makes the average pay off men significantly higher.

2. High paying professional jobs frequently have a “negotiable” salary and women are less likely to negotiate and when they do are less aggressive about it, getting poorer results.

[QUOTE=cajaya;182429]
No, bt seriously. How can Europeans expect us to know about every European country?

That map doesn’t even include Alaska.[/QUOTE]
Because it’s not very hard? To know all in West Europe is at least to expect, on the same level as you expect us to know all the important states in the Union. At school we learned all the states and the capitals of the states in USA.

Btw you are missing Hawaii also.

[QUOTE=Kraken;182393]How is that possible? If you live an average life, you will be retired almost as long as you have worked.[/QUOTE]
It’s not too difficult with no debt for 10 years prior to retirement and 25 years of good investment. I sailed my last 24 years on the highest paying SIU contracts with 2 for 1 contributions to a wage related pension. Retiree insurance is only $100 per month per dependent.

There’s drawbacks though. You have to make tough decisions like do I fish the bay or the gulf. Should I go duck hunting or deer hunting? Sometimes my shrimper buddies need repairs or wire spliced. I take payment in shrimp…will work for food.

When I approached retirement age, I noticed all my friends that waited till they were 62 or 65 to retire died within 2 years. I have almost 7 years, so I won.

[QUOTE=Kraken;182432]
Btw you are missing Hawaii also.[/QUOTE]

yea, but I think Alaska is more significant since its bigger than Texas.

Now quick! Capital of Vermont! No cheating by googling it either! You should know this since your favorite senator is from Vermont!

[QUOTE=cajaya;182437]

yea, but I think Alaska is more significant since its bigger than Tejas.

Now quick! Capital of Vermont! No cheating by googling it either! You should know this since your favorite senator is from Vermont![/QUOTE]

//youtu.be/f488uJAQgmw

I don’t mind telling y’all that this thread has become incredibly STOOPID!

why couldn’t we even have had an ugly barroom brawl political fight without this turning into idiotic inane piffle?

//youtu.be/FL_I7mIfgRs

STOOPID DOUCHEBAG SOUTHIES!

[QUOTE=c.captain;182442]I don’t mind telling y’all that this thread has become incredibly STOOPID!

why couldn’t we even have had an ugly barroom brawl political fight without this turning into idiotic inane piffle?

SIMPLY PATHETIC![/QUOTE]

You think 11 pages of memes and shit throwing is not enough? I was trying to stand up for Bernie Sanders, but i was sadly alone. And I don’t have much of a bone in this fight. America is just following the script from idiocracy. Funny as hell to watch.

[QUOTE=Kraken;182443]You think 11 pages of memes and shit throwing is not enough? I was trying to stand up for Bernie Sanders, but i was sadly alone. [/QUOTE]

au’ contraire…you’re not alone at all

//youtu.be/rtBVuye4fZQ

[QUOTE=Kraken;182443]You think 11 pages of memes and shit throwing is not enough? I was trying to stand up for Bernie Sanders, but i was sadly alone. And I don’t have much of a bone in this fight. America is just following the script from idiocracy. Funny as hell to watch.[/QUOTE]

Why is it that almost every European I come accross seems to be extremely concerned with how we do things in our own country and what goes on in the U.S.? I mean do you guys grow up hearing anti-American propaganda in school? Not that I am particularly happy with the way everything is but there are countries that are worse and more corrupted but I don’t find myself pondering what they do, or following them step by step. It’s not my business. If their citizens want to change something, that’s up to them.

[QUOTE=ombugge;182405]Which nation may that be?? Several nations are claiming to be “great”, “best”, “richest in the world” and other wonderful titles.
What is the criteria for being great, best, or richest, in your view may not be how others see it.
Don’t believe what the propaganda machine tells you ad nausea.[/QUOTE]

I’ve been to Norway. Bergen, NATO cruise in the 80’s. Beautiful, but soooo expensive! I remember paying roughly 25 bucks (in Krone) for a draft beer and a small personal sized pizza. Have things improved since then?

[QUOTE=cajaya;182465]Why is it that almost every European I come accross seems to be extremely concerned with how we do things in our own country and what goes on in the U.S.? I mean do you guys grow up hearing anti-American propaganda in school? Not that I am particularly happy with the way everything is but there are countries that are worse and more corrupted but I don’t find myself pondering what they do. following them step by step or being overly concerned about it. It’s not my business. If their citizens what to change something, that’s up to them.[/QUOTE]

It may have something to do with the American tendency to meddle in the affairs of the rest of the world. You have to admit that the US has a great deal of influence, for better or worse, over what happens around the globe- and so I think it’s natural for non-Americans to take an interest in what goes on here.

[QUOTE=catherder;182467]It may have something to do with the American tendency to meddle in the affairs of the rest of the world. You have to admit that the US has a great deal of influence, for better or worse, over what happens around the globe- and so I think it’s natural for non-Americans to take an interest in what goes on here.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that’s true, but I don’t remember the last time the U.S. invaded the U.K. Denmark or Norway.
Mexico’s corruption problem is becoming a huge problem in the U.S. but I don’t think I even know of one American who is gravely concerned with the politics there.

[QUOTE=cajaya;182425]I am not really used to arguing with intelligent people on this forum. This is a thread that has really gotten me dumbfounded. I am gonna have to get back to you.[/QUOTE]
"Stanford students demand nonwhite, transgender university president"

[QUOTE=cajaya;182469]Mexico’s corruption problem is becoming a huge problem in the U.S. but I don’t think I even know of one American who is gravely concerned with the politics there.[/QUOTE]
Then your friends are retards. Are your that self centered that you don’t even familiarize yourself with the politics in your neighbouring country, a country with a population of 119,530,753. That have an ongoing drug war that’s claimed 164,000+++ victims. Do you even understand the consequences if Mexico turns into a failed state?

It is a failed state and half their problems waltz unrestricted across the border. How would you feel if every swinging dick in Europe came to Norway to enjoy all of your free social welfare programs without having to be a citizen or pay taxes? The other half of their problems sell drugs or kill each other over drug territory all along the previously mentioned porous border. It does me no good to be interested in Mexican Narco influenced politics. We have our own problems in DC and their drug of choice are my tax dollars to the tune of 30% of my wages. I don’t enjoy much of what my money gets as I make to much money to be eligible for government hand outs. Why don’t y’all take in every possible refugee that’s invading Europe and make them instant citizens and get back to me. Give every one of them a citizenship card, a big hug, and a pocket full of Kroner and point them to the free health care and college.

[QUOTE=cajaya;182465]Why is it that almost every European I come accross seems to be extremely concerned with how we do things in our own country and what goes on in the U.S.? I mean do you guys grow up hearing anti-American propaganda in school?[/QUOTE]
Most of us are very pro-american, but some shit is just unforgiving. Like invading a country on false evidence and fucking up the whole region. And then leaving the region with a power vacuum.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;182474]It is a failed state and half their problems waltz unrestricted across the border. How would you feel if every swinging dick in Europe came to Norway to enjoy all of your free social welfare programs without having to be a citizen or pay taxes? The other half of their problems sell drugs or kill each other over drug territory all along the previously mentioned porous border. It does me no good to be interested in Mexican Narco influenced politics. We have our own problems in DC and their drug of choice are my tax dollars to the tune of 30% of my wages. I don’t enjoy much of what my money gets as I make to much money to be eligible for government hand outs. Why don’t y’all take in every possible refugee that’s invading Europe and make them instant citizens and get back to me. Give every one of them a citizenship card, a big hug, and a pocket full of Kroner and point them to the free health care and college.[/QUOTE]

You don’t watch much foreign news do you?

Not much because I don’t live there so it’s more of a curiosity thing when I do.

Does it make you feel good that people who have contributed nothing and will probably contribute little at all enjoy all your welfare programs? How does it feel watching your government give away things meant for your citizens paid for by your hard earned taxes?