Murphy books for sale: Deck Officer Study Guide

I’m selling my set of Murphy books. This is a set of six books edited by Captain Joseph S. Murphy comprising the Deck Officer Study Guide. They are described as “US Coast Guard License Examination Preparation for the Professional Mariner”.

I used them to study for and successfully pass my exam for Chief Mate Unlimited and a friend also used them to get his Third Mate Unlimited. These also cover the limited license tests so would be great for any of the following Coast Guard exams, licenses and renewals:

License Examinations:
Master: Oceans - Near Coastal - Inland - Great Lakes, Any Gross Tons
Chief Mate: Oceans - Near Coastal - Inland - Great Lakes, Any Gross Tons
Second Mate: Oceans - Near Coastal - Inland - Great Lakes, Any Gross Tons
Third Mate / OICNW: Oceans - Near Coastal - Inland - Great Lakes, Any Gross Tons
Master & Mate: Limited License, All Routes, All Tonnage Groups

Review & Renewal Exercises:
Comprehensive Renewal Exercise, All Grades of License
Rules of the Road Exercise, All Grades of License

Certification Examinations:
Able Seaman / Lifeboatman, All Grades of Certification

Each book covers an in-depth study of various key subjects, with complete USCG exam questions and answers provided:

Book 1: Deck General
Book 2: Navigation General
Book 3: Deck Safety
Book 4: Rules of the Road
Book 5: Navigation Problems
Book 6: Deck Examination Illustration Book

This is the latest edition and the best resource for passing your Coast Guard exams.

A new set of these costs $250. My set is in excellent condition, obviously used but no rips or tears, no markings in the books apart from my initials inside the front page.

The price is $150 (plus shipping $25 - Total weight is 9.5 lbs.).

[ATTACH]4454[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4455[/ATTACH]

Please let me know if your Murphy books are still for sale

Sorry - they’ve been sold.

I passed my 3rd last November hawsepipe method and would like to recoup some of the cost.
I have a set for sale for a $125 shipped, 2012 revision which I believe was the last edition? Reason being because I’ve highlighted all the answers and they are well used, I’ll look at them tomorrow to make sure. I have the illustrations booklet as well.
I can throw in all my T-Nav notes, worked out problems and formulas too.
Let me know if you’re still looking.

If interested

Yes, I am interested.

Do you live around NYC, by chance for a pickup?

Eric

I live in FL, but can mail them to you. PM me so I can get your contact info. Leaving for work next week for a month.

Anybody have any books available?

I am looking for Murphy’s study books. If you have some for sale plz let me know. You can email me at nicholas.heisler@yahoo.com

Do you still have the books ?

Hi do you still have the books for sale ??

You can contact me at this email.
Bellesissyjb55@gmail.com