Marine License Insurance? Does anyone have it?

What kind of dollars are you talking about for license insurance?
Bob

I pay just under a grand per year for my coverage. I get a ten percent discount through my employer and a couple of things thrown in for no extra cost. MOPS is the insurance company. I’ve got full income replacement coverage as well. If you can live with less your premium will be less. if you’re sailing as Mate it will be less.

I just posted the final part of my interview with MOPS rep, Ralph Mellusi, esq:
http://gcaptain.com/maritime/blog/marine-license-insurance-an-interview-with-admiralty-attorney-ralph-j-mellusi-esq-part-2/
Here’s Ralph’s contact info for anyone with questions didn’t answer. He’s very helpfull and has a lot of experience with the legal aspects of marine licensing.
<p class="MsoNormal]Ralph J. Mellusi Esq.

Tel: 212 962-1590 Fax 212 962-1590
<p class="MsoNormal]<span> Email Rjmellusi@ Sealawyers.com

<strong><span>www.MarineLicenseInsurance.Com</span></strong></span>

I did not get license insurance until I started sailing Chief mate a few years back, its worth every penny and sailing Captain its definitely worth it. We would like to think we can control everything on the ship but you can’t. Regardless when it goes bad it’s on the Captain and having that number to call fot your own lawyer is going to be needed, no company, union or shipmate is going to look out for your license or pay your bills when you are on the beach.