Looking for as much information / history as possible

Hi everyone, so I’m reasearching Arther Holgate, specifically the boat Lorraine, built in 1966 (previously named Dypsea clipper but originally named Lorraine and renamed back to Lorraine from what I can gather) but have been struggling to get any real information on either him or the boat. Any information or history at all on either himself or the boat would be very much appreciated.

This is Her…

http://www.yachtvillage.net/en/detail/capetown-shipyard-arthur-holgate-schooner-preowned-1966/fN6Wr37TNk6_7i2BNFlKbQ

Cheers, Niall

don’t think this is a place where you can find people who would know about the vessel. I can’t provide you anything that you can’t find using Google yourself but I do want to say…lovely little ship. You looking to buy her?

Hi Niall
This may never be read, but I stumbled across your post whilst looking for any record of my old boat.
I was skipper of Loraine (only one ‘r’) for two years 1990/91 for her long-time Italian owner, based at his marina in Civitavecchia, near Rome.
Loraine was designed and built by Arthur Holgate, a South African amateur naval architect, for his own use. I know very little about her early years. Holgate went on to design Antares - also for his own use and sadly lost in the Caribbean in late 80s - and Jessica, now Adix, commissioned by Argentine ‘businessman’ Carlos Perdomo…
Holgate had a fine eye for the gaff schooner rig, and drew very nice underwater lines, but his topsides styling left a little to be desired. She was a lovely sailing boat, easily handled, responsive and fast with a beautifully balanced rig, but the owner ran her on a shoestring budget and she was a bit of an ugly duckling!
My boss had owned her for a good many years and I know she remained in his hands long after my departure, but I know very little of her recent history and cannot find any trace of her now.

What else would you like to know?

cheers
Jeremy Parker