Live Chat on NMC website

http://www.uscg.mil/nmc/chat/default.asp

…finally!

That’s great because it takes a couple of days for them to acknowledge email…

[QUOTE=catherder;163425]That’s great because it takes a couple of days for them to acknowledge email…[/QUOTE]
I wonder if they are going to staff the chat line with real evaluators or know-nothing lackeys based out of Bangalore…

[QUOTE=captjamied;163637]I wonder if they are going to staff the chat line with real evaluators or know-nothing lackeys based out of Bangalore…[/QUOTE]

I hate to burst your bubble but the evaluators are basically know-nothing lackeys with a check list.

[QUOTE=Robert;163640]I hate to burst your bubble but the evaluators are basically know-nothing lackeys with a check list.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, you’re right.

I tried to use this today and of course it wasn’t up. Has anyone been able to use this?

It’s MLK day. I’ve used it a dozen times over the last six months and I have had good results and very much prefer instead of calling them.

Dang, I totally forgot it was a Gov. holiday.
I’ll try it again this morning Thanks.!!!

I’ve used this chat service several times now. I’ve been impressed. I was able to get answers quickly. The old email system was slow and terrible… I would always get a stock reply to a specific question. I’ve actually had the person I was chatting with call my evaluator on the phone during the chat and resolve issues with my application.

I tried today and it’s not working wonder if they are closed due to weather up there

[QUOTE=Tugslasthitch;177689]I tried today and it’s not working wonder if they are closed due to weather up there[/QUOTE]

Closed. They got nearly 3’ of snow over the weekend.