License in jeopardy?

Say you left commercial fishing, join the merchant marines and become a licensed mate. You then have time away from the ship and accept a job operating a fishing vessel THAT does not require any licensed personnel.
The worst happens, say a grounding with oil in the environment, or a loss of life. During the following proceedings, would there be any chance that the CG. would go after your license?

I hate to say it but knowing the Coast Guard from my experience is that I would certainly bet that they would take action against your license if you were in command of the boat and there were an accident investigation by our boys in blue.

Thanks CCaptain,
I wasn’t sure, but thought that was how it could go, alot more is at stake for the improved fisherman. With a little added stress. Then again, fishing has its risks, another one could make the whole game even more safe.
I called a troller about salmon prices in Southeast, last summer kings went for $6.25/lb., (winter kings $10/lb.,)while silvers were 2.50/lb. Silvers were plentiful and average weight was over the norm. Kings were slow. The salmon hatchery in Sitka [www.nsraa.org](http://www.nsraa.org) has a great program in that they are introducing up to 100,000 more kings for harvest and also support a troll caught chum fishery that has been another source of income for trollers following the king season and prior to the silver peak season. This is a fishery that is minutes from the docks in Sitka, fish averaging 8-9 lbs., and was paying .50/lb. Some catches were as high as 1500-2000lbs/day. They were selling these whole, as the chum roe is very valuable. The same hatchery expects a return of 1-3 million chum each year. Sitka Sound Seafoods and Seafood Producers Co-op are your two major markets. Good fishing!!