Jones Act Call to Action - All Hands on Deck!

What is the other one?

Iā€™ve been over this before but itā€™s working on deck (or in the engine room) on a ship until you have enough sea time to sit for your 3rd Mate (or 3rd AE). Thereā€™s no aviation equivalent that Iā€™m aware of, unless flight attendants get hours towards an ATP licenses.

How the fuck is that different and what is the purpose of dragging flight attendants into this? They have nothing to do with it.

Different than what? Different than getting a LICENSE and working under itā€™s authority in order to upgrade?

They are the closest thing a plane has to a deckhand, being the only unlicensed crew onboard.

Nothing could be further from the truth, they are not the only unlicensed crew . They are not made up of unlicensed personnel. Stewards and stewardesses on airplanes tend to the passengers and are trained in emergency procedures but their hours in the air cannot be logged as flight time toward a pilotā€™s license any more than a steward on a ship can log his time as a steward toward a license.

So who else onboard would be closer to a deckhand? (I didnā€™t say they were equivalent, I said they were there closest thing.)

What other unlicensed crew is there?

What?

Which is exactly what I said.

Very good observation.

So then a plane doesnā€™t carry an equivalent to a deckhand? That would mean that the method of hawsepiping which entails three years of unlicensed work then going straight to a big license is NOT possible in aviation.

What are you smoking? THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN UNLICENSED CREW PERSON AS FLIGHT CREW. PERIOD.

Airplanes donā€™t have anchors either, so no hawsepipe.

5 Likes

The flight attendants are required to have a license of some kind?

I see where this is going.

Again:

Oh yeah, a driverā€™s license for sure so they can get to the airport and probably at least a first aid card and undoubtedly many more achievement ribbons required either by the FAA or the company.

Har-de-har-harā€¦

This is why we canā€™t have nice things. This is why they shouldā€™ve never given us the internet.

5 Likes

Youā€™re a smart dude. I think you already know this basic FAA stuff and youā€™re just responding to some twisted perverted demon inside you to yank my chain.

Iā€™m obviously not the only one that manage to divert a thread about the Jones Act to a VERY different subject.
But that is how it should be on a lively forum, me think.

Yes, they are. FAs working for an air carrier on aircraft with more than 20 seats must hold a certificate of proficiency.

That certificate is not an airmanā€™s certificate.

So every OS and Wiper with BST is now ā€œlicensedā€?