Is it illegal to support unions?

Enough playing around and flinging crap around the thread. It’s time for some straight talk and a serious answer to an important question.It’s totally super duper illegal. Like, you would not even believe how illegal it is. It’s right there in 69 U.S.C. § 420.

[QUOTE=Glaug-Eldare;161738]Enough playing around and flinging crap around the thread. It’s time for some straight talk and a serious answer to an important question.It’s totally super duper illegal. Like, you would not even believe how illegal it is. It’s right there in 69 U.S.C. § 420.[/QUOTE]

Can you copy and paste it here? I am having trouble searching USCs online. Thanks.

[QUOTE=Johnny Canal;161745]Can you copy and paste it here? I am having trouble searching USCs online. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I’m afraid that’s not possible. Titles 55 through 74 of the US Code are Ultra Secret, and even the President doesn’t get to see them. Don’t ask me how I learned about them…I had to do dreadful, monstrous things to gain that terrible knowledge, and the nightmares will be with me until the day I die. But yeah, super duper tip-top bonkers illegal with a cherry on top.

[QUOTE=Johnny Canal;161745]Can you copy and paste it here? I am having trouble searching USCs online. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

69 and 420 I think he sent a sex position for people who smoke dope

[QUOTE=c.captain;161714]since you are management there can you tell us what exactly was intended by the memo if not to compile a “Enemies of Gary” list? If is not to be used in the future when layoffs become necessary then what it is to be used for? A company does not put out such a memo to the employees to sign for no reason at all. If not to compile a list, why was it sent (or you gonna duck that question by claiming confidentiality?) I also must ask you to answer if you believe it is “illegal” for an officer on any vessel to in anyway provide support to any organization advocating for collective bargaining? If any officer does so, what do you believe the penalty issued should be? Termination? civil suit? criminal trial? firing squad on the aft deck? What will ECO do to those who “violate” ECO’s terms and policy? Do you believe ECO holds all the rights here and the officers hold none at all and have no voice to oppose Vito Chouest’s dictates? If every employee of ECO must drink the Koolaid like you to be considered “loyal” does that not speak of a company being run by a totalitarian dictator akin to Joe Stalin? The comparison is one hard to argue in light or recent events…

care to back that statement up with details of how collective bargaining would COST jobs? Every vessel requires its mandated crew per the USCG. Collective bargaining does not change that fact. Clients also require a manning level and if the mariners belong to a union that fact would not change. If the reason people might lose their jobs because Vito Chouest might have to pay more to his mariners in form of benefits such as pensions and to preserve profits would want to make his workforce smaller to he can keep raking in the moola? Cry me a river pal!

is rescinding 401K employee match for the rank and file AFTER it has been earned FAIR? How can you make such a ridiculous claim?

that has never been disputed and a union contract would never prohibit a company reducing their fleet and workforce if necessary but a collective bargaining agreement would provide transparent terms of what benefits would be curtailed, which mariners are chosen to be laidoff and what they would receive when they are other than a “thanks, we’ll call you someday when we need you again”

all accepted in the offshore industry, but Vito makes massive profits during the good times and should be in a position to offer both fair and transparent reduction in compensation and workforce in the downtimes. Like us mariners who are forced to not spend every penny we make when times are rich, Mister Gary should do the same. It is BULLSHIT for him to claim he is in poverty how and can’t afford to treat his people fairly during these times. I claim HE IS DOING NOTHING BUT TREATING THEM WITH THE GREATEST DISRESPECT HE CAN!

[B]
now to preserve any credibility for yourself, you are requested to answer these questions please…[/B]

I never said that collective bargaining would cost jobs. Many people would lose their job by either being replaced or being demoted by current members of said union. The jobs would still be filled. I may be wrong I am not real familiar with whole process but from what I understand unions work by a number/rank system and those who where there first get first options. Another thing that bothers me is why would anyone ever want to PAY someone to give them a job. There may be some people out there that need a program like that, I am not one of them. There are also very greedy people out there that will never be happy. Seems as though you may be one of them.

401K Match - I never said that rescinding 401K employee match was fair or right. I personally feel that could have been handled differently. What I did say is I feel our benefits are more than fair. The company is not claiming to be in poverty but there were many contracts that were restructured. I am highly compensated as an employee and would rather we all take a little hit than a few of us taking a big hit. Again that is just me, feel free to disagree.

As I stated before I have been working here for over 14 years and I never been treated with disrespect.

[QUOTE=Glaug-Eldare;161752]I’m afraid that’s not possible.[/QUOTE]

so why on earth did you say anything?..unless you can offer proof, it is better to say nothing

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Brandon75;161762]I never said that collective bargaining would cost jobs. Many people would lose their job by either being replaced or being demoted by current members of said union. The jobs would still be filled. I may be wrong I am not real familiar with whole process but from what I understand unions work by a number/rank system and those who where there first get first options. Another thing that bothers me is why would anyone ever want to PAY someone to give them a job. There may be some people out there that need a program like that, I am not one of them. There are also very greedy people out there that will never be happy. Seems as though you may be one of them.

401K Match - I never said that rescinding 401K employee match was fair or right. I personally feel that could have been handled differently. What I did say is I feel our benefits are more than fair. The company is not claiming to be in poverty but there were many contracts that were restructured. I am highly compensated as an employee and would rather we all take a little hit than a few of us taking a big hit. Again that is just me, feel free to disagree.

As I stated before I have been working here for over 14 years and I never been treated with disrespect.[/QUOTE]

You really need to learn how to quote someone in a post…this is a mess to understand. However I am glad you agree that ECO’s rescinding the 401K match to be a hamfisted move on their part.

As far as everything else, I don’t believe you have the slightest concept of what collective bargaining means for a workforce and have been brainwashed by your handlers.

[QUOTE=RespectMyAuthority;161754]69 and 420 I think he sent a sex position for people who smoke dope[/QUOTE]

I had a strange feeling that it was something like that.

Oddly enough, the corresponding CFR to that fake USC is title 29 which does deal with labor laws… I think it is actually in there.

[QUOTE=Brandon75;161700]I know that this thread wad started as (Is it illegal to support unions?) As we can all see it has spun way off topic.

I have been working at Edison Chouest for over 14 years. I started as a green OS and worked my way up to AB, Mate, Relief Captain and Master. I also worked as a Coordinator and at the Training Center for a short time. I have seen many people come and go. Some like working here some don’t. I can tell you that no one is being threatened with termination of their job if they do or do not sign any particular piece of paper. [B][I][U]As far as the union topic goes I feel that it would be a VERY bad idea for many in the offshore industry especially the Gulf of Mexico. Many people would lose their jobs or at least their current positions but that is just my opinion. [/U][/I][/B]We all make very good money in the Gulf of Mexico and many other places around the world. I feel the benefits are more than fare. We are all entitled to our own opinions, this company that company, union not union. As far as the cut back’s go all companies have to make tough business decisions at times. Not everyone will always agree with those decisions. Many companies are laying off and even closing up shop. I would much rather see a company trim the fat and keep all of its employees working than to see a few employees keep everything the same and many employees get laid off as a result. 401K Match, Holiday Pay, Safety Bonuses, Travel Pay these things will come back over time and are all extra things that I can do without to ensure that I stay employed. There are ups and down in every industry it is how we handle them that determines who what and where we will be in the future.

I never said that collective bargaining would cost jobs. Many people would lose their job by either being replaced or being demoted by current members of said union. The jobs would still be filled.[B][I][U] I may be wrong I am not real familiar with whole process [/U][/I][/B]but from what I understand unions work by a number/rank system and those who where there first get first options. Another thing that bothers me is why would anyone ever want to PAY someone to give them a job.[/QUOTE]

So sure that unions in GOM would be a very bad thing, but admittedly don’t understand how it works…

Is annual or semi-annual brainwashing on the ECO training matrix? I am neither pro nor anti-union, and I have worked nearly all possible variables of the two. I really gather you have not worked anything but GOM (and possibly only ECO), please correct me if I am wrong, but somehow know so much about CBAs and maritime unions while admitting you don’t. Which is it?

Are you related to Zac The Defiant from NC?

If you only look at a maritime unions (or unions in general) as “pay for work” situations, then I think you are seriously missing the boat. I don’t even have to think about APL, Matson, MLL, etc. not contributing to my IRA at the end of each hitch. Clearly you do, and after you have should already gotten by a month or 2.

Those damn evil unions!!!

I’m not missing the boat, I rode it and it sank…

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;161778]I’m not missing the boat, I rode it and it sank…[/QUOTE]

Fraq, once again… SIU. No surprises there.

The guy’s so sure, but then again so sure he’s not.

[QUOTE=RespectMyAuthority;161754]69 and 420 I think he sent a sex position for people who smoke dope[/QUOTE]

Not sure what a 420 is but I remember the time I tried a 69. We got into position and she broke wind, that was it for me, I didn’t want 68 more.

AMO sank any desire I have to ever be in a union again too.

Hell, I’ve got friends pretty high up in MEBA management that give me the same song and dance you guys are trying to give and it still doesn’t sway me. Yes, I’m bitterly anti-union. No, I don’t want to deal with that BS in the GOM. There is no current US maritime union that could do anything but screw everything up in my opinion.

[QUOTE=jbtam99;161789]AMO sank any desire I have to ever be in a union again too.

Hell, I’ve got friends pretty high up in MEBA management that give me the same song and dance you guys are trying to give and it still doesn’t sway me. Yes, I’m bitterly anti-union. No, I don’t want to deal with that BS in the GOM. There is no current US maritime union that could do anything but screw everything up in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

You can “win” any argument about unions here by bringing up the AMO. You might be right that none of the maritime unions are suitable for the GOM. As much as I support my union they and other unions can have their heads seriously up their ass.

just bringing this thread back to life in the hope that will give Faux Jeaux a fit of apoplexy.

come on Jeaux, we all know you are a PHRAUD and can never back up your ludicrous claims but you gonna give up that quick on us? We haven’t had a good whipping boy here in what seems like ages!

Sorry friend I don’t have the time I’m flying above Fourchon checking on my mariners.

just stop feeding the trolls?

[QUOTE=Jeaux Bawss;161872]Sorry friend I don’t have the time I’m flying above Fourchon checking on my mariners.[/QUOTE]

I am too busy too. I have to go to dinner. First thing though, I have to bring my mega-yacht in close enough to fly the helicopter to the airport to pick up my Learjet and fly to Paris just to get to dinner with Chrissy Teigen.

[QUOTE=Jeaux Bawss;161872]Sorry friend I don’t have the time I’m flying above Fourchon checking on my mariners][/QUOTE]

Probably more likely spying on the troublemakers from outer space

Jeaux D. Lieuzeur

Is this what you had in mind?

[QUOTE=Jeaux Bawss;161877]Is this what you had in mind?[/QUOTE]

curses, crafty bastards!..they gots an Illudium Pu38 Space Demodulator plus their civilization has advanced to the point where they know how to post photos to the forum. We best surrender poste haste and then skeedaddle