Is it illegal to support unions?

I don’t work on OSVs but the way I see it, a ship is a ship. It has a Bow and a Stern, self propelled, floats on water. It’s all the same industry to me, Maritime Industry. It’s you that made it different by convincing the government that you should have special regulations that only apply to you in order to reduce costs.

[QUOTE=coldduck;161436]Six years at three different companies working mainly even time, minus time spent in a foreign shipyard for a new build. Hmmm not much time in the “Bayou”. I know that seems like a lot to a newbie like you Johnny.[/QUOTE]

Duckie,

Newbie to OSV’s maybe, but not working on the water. Guess there is just no pleasing you.

Why don’t you go back to your guns, religion, and skoal?

I decided not to make a career out of it, but tried it out when I was a kid and then before the big slow down discussed several opportunities with various Jeaux’s. Plus, everyone and their brother works down there and having gone to a maritime academy I have lots of friends eating the shit sandwich; some just lost 401k contributions, some lost a few days of pay, others lost their jobs. I’m hearing it all, both good and bad.

Two out of three ain’t bad. Never was man enough for skoal.

So in six years you went from Ordinary Seaman to Master and feel this makes you an authority on the industry? Were you able to obtain your Large OSV Masters License Upgrade during this time? Why did you have to work for three different companies to obtain all this experience? How much experience do you have sailing as Master of a large OSV? I’m sorry I can not tip my hand at this time so I understand your doubts about my claim.

[QUOTE=Jeaux Bawss;161449]So in six years you went from Ordinary Seaman to Master and feel this makes you an authority on the industry? Were you able to obtain your Large OSV Masters License Upgrade during this time? Why did you have to work for three different companies to obtain all this experience? How much experience do you have sailing as Master of a large OSV? I’m sorry I can not tip my hand at this time so I understand your doubts about my claim.[/QUOTE]

Holy shitballs!

This is about to get Supertroopers “Shenanigans” level good!!!

We all know you are a troll, but this is just silly

[QUOTE=Johnny Canal;161451]Holy shitballs!

This is about to get Supertroopers “Shenanigans” level good!!![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Traitor Yankee;161453]We all know you are a troll, but this is just silly[/QUOTE]

I am simply dumbfounded at the utter impudence of this miserable whelp! you’d think he’d make even a modest effort to try to find out about the adversary he is taking on but stoopid is as stoopid does I always say…

Dude he’s a SuperTreauxll and my new hero this is so RAD…

All the “large osv” talk is the clearest sign of a troll we have seen yet.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;161458]Dude he’s a SuperTreauxll and my new hero this is so RAD…[/QUOTE]

This is your hero?

I am at a loss as to why those questions were so amusing to all. I think it is a legitimate question to ask as he is speaking as an authority on the OSV industry. What are his qualifications to make such blanket judgments against the entire industry? If he has never been the Master of a new generation state of the art Large OSV how can he proclaim to be an authority? He would have spent the majority of those years as a deck rating anyway. I’m thinking he is a disgruntled AB who wasn’t cut out for offshore life.

[QUOTE=Jeaux Bawss;161469]I am at a loss as to why those questions were so amusing to all. I think it is a legitimate question to ask as he is speaking as an authority on the OSV industry. What are his qualifications to make such blanket judgments against the entire industry? If he has never been the Master of a new generation state of the art Large OSV how can he proclaim to be an authority? He would have spent the majority of those years as a deck rating anyway. I’m thinking he is a disgruntled AB who wasn’t cut out for offshore life.[/QUOTE]

you don’t understand because you SIR are nothing more than a pipsqueak ultramaroon with all of 24 posts in less then a week since joining and obviously have failed to notice I have standing here as one of gCaptain’s forum leaders with almost 9000 posts over close to seven years as a forum member. I have a constituency here who know me, know my writings and certainly know my opinions concerning the practices of employment for mariners in the GoM. While there is a sizable number here who do not hold with my views, there is a equally sizable number who are in solidarity with them. Either way, I consider the many here who read my posts and comment to them to be a great body who have given me the honor of credibility amongst their unwashed masses.

btw, just to save you the trouble of looking up my stats, I am an 8th issue U/L master although my MMC does say I am also an A/B so I guess you are partly correct when you say I am disgruntled.

you may now return to that very tiny place from where you emerged 24 posts ago.

[QUOTE=Jeaux Bawss;161469]I am at a loss as to why those questions were so amusing to all. I think it is a legitimate question to ask as he is speaking as an authority on the OSV industry. What are his qualifications to make such blanket judgments against the entire industry? If he has never been the Master of a new generation state of the art Large OSV how can he proclaim to be an authority? He would have spent the majority of those years as a deck rating anyway. I’m thinking he is a disgruntled AB who wasn’t cut out for offshore life.[/QUOTE]

What are your qualifications to make judgments here? You started making posts a couple of weeks ago. We are all anonymous here but your ignorance shines on through. I don’t think you are owner of anything except maybe a computer. I’m thinking you are a disgruntled hamburger cook at What-A-Burger.

[QUOTE=Jeaux Bawss;161427]I would also like to understand your references to “ambrosia” and “shit sandwich”?[/QUOTE]

missed this one earlier…to wit

Ambrosia: In ancient Greek mythology, ambrosia (Greek: ἀμβροσία, “of the immortals”) is sometimes the food or drink of the Greek gods, often depicted as conferring longevity or immortality upon whoever consumed it. It was brought to the gods in Olympus by doves, so it may have been thought of in the Homeric tradition as a kind of divine exhalation of the Earth.

Shit Sandwich: a turd between two slices of bread

not exactly, he could be a bum posting from the local library or his computer might be from Rent-a-Center

I’m thinking you are a disgruntled hamburger cook at What-A-Burger.

but could he have passed their rigorous pre-employment background checks and physical? I suspect he cleans toilets at the shelter

Yeah he’s a big deal dammit…

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/96871564@N03/17371301762/

I just looked you up on the mariner verification thingie it doesn’t say what issue you’re on. Hey buddy don’t forget you need to get that new ECDIS class before 2017 also.

a remarkable likeness but you have to learn to post photos from you Cooter account…it’s like this

the only inaccuracy in your depiction is that I look much more like the most interesting man in the world

so simple and easy even a stoned squid can do it!

Well I use the app, I don’t use a browser to log in maybe one day I’ll be as smart as you and figure it out.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;161478]Well I use the app, I don’t use a browser to log in maybe one day I’ll be as smart as you and figure it out.[/QUOTE]

see, you already are living at a disadvantage from your deficient southern education.