Into the Storm - The Final Days and Decisions on Bounty by Mario Vittone

Mario has a post with a Bounty sinking timeline. Into the Storm -The Final Days and Decisions on Bounty by Mario Vittone

I foresee prison time in this Captains future. Talk about all the things [B]NOT[/B] to do!

Here’s a direct link to the timeline… http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/111092/Final-Days-of-Bounty/#vars!date=2012-10-25_09:00:00!

[QUOTE=txwooley;115322]I foresee prison time in this Captains future. Talk about all the things [B]NOT[/B] to do![/QUOTE]

I doubt that he will ever see the inside of a prison.

[QUOTE=Bloodyshitcakes;115330]I doubt that he will ever see the inside of a prison.[/QUOTE]

??

I know that many of his crew thought he was a God but has Walbridge been resurrected?

Seeing the events on a timeline it seems that Walbridge went from making extremely poor decisions (the decision to sail) to not being physiological capable of admitting to himself that the Bounty was in serious trouble.I am surprised at how badly things were going with multiple failures, anyone of which alone would have warranted some kind of call to the C.G. yet Walbridge didn’t seem to grasp or was unwilling to admit that things were going to shit.

Here is the first gcaptin Bounty Thread

Thread on the same day at Wooden Boat Forum

Yea he isn’t ever going to see prison unless jails exist in the afterlife.

Jeez.
This got me back to reading the gcaptain thread here … just amazed at anybody who could even think of defending Walbridge.

My bad. I guess I misread it. I thought it was the Mate that died.

[QUOTE=Flyer69;115358]Jeez.
This got me back to reading the gcaptain thread here … just amazed at anybody who could even think of defending Walbridge.[/QUOTE]

I just took a look as well, I’d say you called it early.

With regards to the defenders it’s not surprising, It’s very difficult for people to change their beliefs, look how committed people are to their political beliefs for example. To those holding opposite beliefs it’s hard to understand how any one could be so blind and perhaps even immoral.

As far as Walbridge supporters, I sometimes see the same thing on the professional side. For example I once sailed with captain blowhard, he had the outfit, the big booming command voice and he didn’t know fuck all. People loved him, some at the office thought he was finest mariner ever. No experienced chief mate would sail with him however and the inexperienced ones would go elsewhere as soon as they figured it out. He’s retied and to this day some of the office folks speak of him in reverent tones. One of the worse captains I have ever sailed with.

People tend to focus on a few skills, in the tall ship community evidently it’s fussing with the sails, knowing arcane sailing terms and making obscure knots. The skill set required to stay safe is much broader and difficult for a neophyte to evaluate.