Industry acceptance of DNVGL DPO?

Hey guys.

Was wondering if you have any idea as to whether the DNV-GL DPO is as highly regarded by the industry as the NI one? That is, does the vessel charterers accept the former on board the ships they hire? And what about shipping companies?

The reason i’m wondering is that it would not be a fun situation to be in, having spent a solid amount of resources and time into something that is then limiting when it comes to finding a good job.

Best Regards,
Johnny

[QUOTE=JohnnySvensson;168177]Hey guys.

Was wondering if you have any idea as to whether the DNV-GL DPO is as highly regarded by the industry as the NI one? That is, does the vessel charterers accept the former on board the ships they hire? And what about shipping companies?

The reason i’m wondering is that it would not be a fun situation to be in, having spent a solid amount of resources and time into something that is then limiting when it comes to finding a good job.

Best Regards,
Johnny[/QUOTE]

Yes. It is accepted by all oil major marine assurance divisions.

[QUOTE=anchorman;168193]Yes. It is accepted by all oil major marine assurance divisions.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks.

Dear Anchorman, I’m working as a Master DPO with DNV-GL Full DP License but I also want to get a NI full DP License as it is more demanding on the shipping market.
Kindly advise what might be applicable solution to obtain NI full DP License, taking into consideration that I already have DNV DPO license?
Except DNVGL Full DP I have got NI DP basic cert. As per NI scheme to get NI Advanced I shall pass DP simulator course + examination. DP Sea Time I’ve got enough for NI Full DP but it won’t be accepted until I get Advance cert. Currently I’m on the vessel and don’t know when I disembark. Could you please advise how to be in my situation. Thank you in advance.