In Defense of Second Amendment Rights of U.S. Merchant Seamen vs Mercenaries

[QUOTE=DeckApe;51221]I think I finally understand!

You want your MMD/MMC to be a firearms permit to be valid within the United States [B]by virtue of merchant mariners’ participation in historical armed hostilities.[/B]

USCG won’t put a national open carry handgun endorcement on your MMD/MMC and you [B]feel[/B] they are violating your Second Amendment rights.

You have spent nine years pushing for your rights while the courts, politicians and government officials don’t seem to care.

[B]We don’t care either.[/B]

An MMD/MMC is a mariner’s document, not a gun permit. Get over it.[/QUOTE]

For the love of God and Country what kind of an American citizen are you? A pathetic one I believe.

If you don’t give a rat’s ass about the U.S. Coast Guard ignoring your Second Amendment rights (i.e., you know, the Bill of Rights?) then maybe, just maybe, you might care about the money in your wallet in relationn to the TWIC Program being called a fraud! Or do you have names to call me over this. Do you think I am a nosy busy body keeping close watch on the affairs to the U.S. Coast Guard, TSA, DHS, Congress, and the U.S. Government as a whole? Don’t you have respect for anything?

Rep. Mica: “[B]TWICs are at best no more useful than library cards[/B].
http://transportation.house.gov/news/PRArticle.aspx?NewsID=1264

[B]GAO REPORT NO. GAO-11-714T[/B], June 1, 2011, Testimony Before the Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs, Stimulus Oversight and Government Spending Committee on Oversight & Govt Reform: OPPORTUNITIES TO REDUCE POTENTIAL DUPLICATION IN GOVERNMENT PROGRAMS, SAVE TAX DOLLARS, AND ENHANCE REVENUE STATEMENT OF PATRICIA A. DALTON, CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER

[B]GAO REPORT NO. GAO-11-657[/B], May 10, 2011, Transportation Worker Identification Credential — Internal Control Weaknesses Need to Be Corrected to Help Achieve Security Objectives.

[B]GAO REPORT NO. GAO-11-635T[/B], May 25, 2011, Testimony Before the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs: OPPORTUNITIES TO REDUCE POTENTIAL DUPLICATION IN GOVERNMENT PROGRAMS, SAVE TAX DOLLARS, AND ENHANCE REVENUE STATEMENT OF GENE L. DODARO, COMPTROLLER GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES

[B]GAO REPORT NO. GAO-11-441T[/B], March 3, 2011, Testimony Before the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform U.S. House of Representatives: OPPORTUNITIES TO REDUCE POTENTIAL DUPLICATION IN GOVERNMENT PROGRAMS, SAVE TAX DOLLARS, AND ENHANCE REVENUE; STATEMENT OF GENE L. DODARO COMPTROLLER GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES

John A. C. Cartner, [TWIC] [B][I]Identity Card is US Maritime Hobgoblin[/I][/B], Lloyd’s List, February 17, 2011, http://www.jdsupra.com/post/fileServer.aspx?fName=f1ed3d67-79bd-43c2-b45f-3646e4ce3266.pdf

John A. C. Cartner, [TWIC] [B][I]US Security Rule is a Curse on Seafarers[/I][/B], Lloyd’s List, April 20, 2011, Opinion, p. 6. http://www.jdsupra.com/post/fileServer.aspx?fName=af06e8ea-d466-4ee0-961f-456c8dc58e2c.pdf

TANGENTLY RELATED BLOG ARTICLE:
http://feraljundi.com/law-enforcement/letter-of-marque-understanding-offense-industry-law-enforcement-and-asset-forfeiture/

TWIC is a scam. We agree on that.

You didn’t object to my interpretation of your quest so I guess I got it right. Have no doubt, I hope you are successful in getting a right to carry put on the MMD/MMCs. It would be nice not to have to get a separate weapons permit every five years.

Good luck.

[QUOTE=DeckApe;51225]TWIC is a scam. We agree on that.

[B]You didn’t object to my interpretation of your quest so I guess I got it right.[/B] Have no doubt, I hope you are successful in getting a right to carry put on the MMD/MMCs. It would be nice not to have to get a separate weapons permit every five years.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

You have your head your your ass on your interpretation of my “quest.” The U.S. Coast Guard screwed up by violating my constitutional rights. My civil case for damages is worth $14 million and I will not waste my time explaining why it is worth that much. Suffice it to say that if the federal courts were not corrupt against an unrerepresented civil plaintiff I will have won my case and retired wealthy. But as it is I am still in pursuit of justice through Congress with a private bill. If only Congress was not so corrupt . . .

My quest is no different than anyone else’s who files a lawsuit against the U.S. Government. Your insults only prove the level of your ignorance of your own rights.

All you have to do is read the Merchant Marine Act of 1936, the federal law on arming U.S. merchant vessels, and the Preamble to the Constitution of the United States to understand that Second Amendment rights of U.S. merchant seamen do apply and are enforceable aboard U.S. flag merchant vessels, i.e., keep personal firearms and company-owned firearms in a secured gun locker during a voyage to be issued to the crew at the captain’s discretion as the situation requires, i.e., pirate watch or repel pirates during imminent attacks under maritime law regardless of whether there are mercenaries on board or not.

Oh, my! Did I speak too harshly to you?

[B]don_hamrick[/B]

You have an attitude problem. You come on here and post walls of text and then throw insults at guys who either don’t agree or don’t care about your hyperbole. I have yet to understand what it is that you’re talking about… you want your Merchant Mariner’s Document to read National Open Carry Handgun? Really? And, that didn’t happen, so you have a $14 million lawsuit? Really? And you’re upset that your local congressional representative isn’t being responsive to your demands? And you’re upset about TWIC?

Just for shits and giggles, I Googled your name. Guess what I found on the first hit? Someone describing you as, and I quote… [B]“Batshit insane.”[/B]

Perhaps the reason for your bad luck in resolving this matter to your satisfaction is because your understanding of our laws is leading you astray? There must be some other reason outside of “corruption.”

Nine years ago we had a different President and a different majority in the Senate. In fact both houses were Republican controlled along with the White House and you were as unsuccessful then as now. Unless “corruption” and treason is rampant in both parties your explanation can not be entirely correct.

The great efforts you have invested into resolving your complaint have not been successful, that is self evident. Maybe it’s a sign.

from the very words written and published on the web by our esteemed Mr. Hamrick at http://www.topix.com/forum/state/ar/TME516NP65VA2DJRQ

DON HAMRICK FOR THE U.S. SENATE (ARKANSAS)

SEEKING VOLUNTEERS BETWEEN MARCH 2 AND APRIL 20, 2008

I am from the blue collar working class of society. I have been and I still am a merchant seaman for 19 years. I am a resident of Arkansas (naturally). I am what you might call a political nobody in the eyes of career politicians because I have never before ran for or held a political office. However, I have had a Second Amendment case in the federal courts in Washington, DC the last 6 years (and still ongoing), and recently in the U.S. District Court in Little Rock. I have reached the U.S. Supreme Court on appeals three times and each time my appeal was denied. I can say without slander or libel that the federal courts are corrupt when it comes to an unrepresented civil plaintiff with a constitutional rights case such as the Second Amendment as an individual right.

I need 450 volunteers to canvas Arkansas cities and towns in all 75 counties of Arkansas for signatures of registered voters for my Independent Candidate Petition from March 2, 2008 to April 20, 2005.

That equates to just 6 volunteers for each county. However, in densely populated cities like Little Rock, Fort Smith, Hot Springs, Fayetteville, etc., the more volunteers in those cities the better and faster I can get the required 10,000 signatures of registered voters.

If I can get 450 volunteers then each volunteer will only need to get 1 Independent Candidate Petition form of 25 signatures and the job is done. If 450 volunteers can get 25 signatures then that well give me 11,250 signatures. More than enough for the 10,000 signatures I need to get my name on the ballot as an independent candidate for the U.S. Senator from Arkansas.

So, if you are interested in volunteering to canvass for 25 signatures of registered voters between March 2, 2008 and April 20, 2008 please email me at 4donhamrick@gmail.com.

My running for the U.S. Senate as a financially poor blue collar working class political nobody against a rich millionaire with $4 million in his political war chest for the election is your classic David and Goliath fight for public office. My Senate run may very well be a pipe dream but I will live to be an old man knowing that I at least did something and didn’t have to live out my life wondering “what if I did run” if I didn’t step up to the challenge.

For more info on my Second Amendment case (ignored by the NRA):

http://americancommondefencereview.wordpress…

I have fought for First Amendment to petition the government for redress of grievances and Second Amendment right to openly keep and bear arms for the last 6 years.

It is because I have discovered that if you are not represented by an attorney or a political organization like the NRA and you stand up in defense of constitutional rights against government transgressions by yourself you will be ignored.

In 2006 I filed my human rights complaint with the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights (IACHR) in Washington, DC, Petition No. 1142-06. They oversee the Inter-American Court of Human Rights in Costa Rica. I took the Second Amendment to the international level to prove the Second Amendment is an absolute human right under the Genocide Convention. My Petition is still pending at IACHR.

Back in the USA and having exhausted my judicial remedies in 2007 (federal judge just sitting on my current Second Amendment case today) I turned to U.S. Rep. Marion Berry from Arkansas and U.S. Senator Mark Pryor from Arkansas with my “Private Bill” for a legislative remedy. Both rejected my Private Bill.

For my research on the decline of the Private Bill from 1946 to 2007 go here:
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthre…37#pos…

PLEASE VOLUNTEER. I NEED YOUR HELP!

Dearest Senator Batshit…I must ask, how many volunteers did you get to help you in your quest to foment revolt against the evil corrupt US Government establishment? Did you even get 1 pathetic soul? I also must ask if you have ever won anything in your life? I mean ANYTHING? All I can read in you plea for help to become “a financially poor blue collar working class political nobody” senator from Arkansas is that you have lost at everything! I mean EVERYTHING! Which leads me to this obvious conclusion that you must be a…

los·er (lzr) n.

1. One that fails to win:

I think I speak for all of us here on gCaptain when I put it to you sir that you have always been a loser, that you are still a loser today [SIZE=3]and that you will always be a LOSER![/SIZE]

Now you are faced with only this very simple choice…you can be smart and just go away or you can stay and continue to prove to us all what an immense loser you really are. How come I can only believe that you are going to choose the latter?

Oh well, it is obviously your nature to be a loser so why stop now?

in post #16 he said he was going to delete this URL from his favorites and never return.WHY IS DON STILL HERE?

[QUOTE=boattrash;51240]WHY IS DON STILL HERE?[/QUOTE]

self abuse and mutilation my dear fellow…what else?

I found this quote from Don on another forum:

“I have also been banned from freerepublic.com, thehighroad.org, and several other Second Amendment forums.”

Now, I ask you… what do you have to do to get banned from Free Republic? It must be a special kind of crazy…

[QUOTE=trekleader;51246]Now, I ask you… what do you have to do to get banned from Free Republic? It must be a special kind of crazy…[/QUOTE]

Unless Senator Batshit just disappears (which I pray for), I hope that John or Mickey ban him from gCaptain (which I also pray for).

You have to wonder about this Bozo. What ships has he sailed on? what have the officers and seamen he’s worked with think of him? And why in the hell is he still an AB with over 20 years of sailing? The clown is not a stupid person and obviously has a high IQ if he can file briefs on his own behalf in Federal Court. So why remain unlicensed one’s whole career? I honestly think this maroon does have a very severe need to fight loosing battles and to just simply always play the role of the loser.

yup, crazy.

Don_Hamsandwich,

BTW I’ve forwarded this whole conversation to the ATF, NSA, CIA, FBLA, DIA, NMC, H20, etc… They’ve issued a Secret U.N. Warrant for Unlawful Exercising of Speech Critical to the New World Order of the Up And Coming Anti-Christ.

They advised me via the fillings in my teeth that black helicopters will be arriving over your house in… 10, 9, 8, 7… seconds…

http://armsandthelaw.com/archives/2008/10/donald_hamricks.php

[SIZE=6]RECAPPING THIS THREAD[/SIZE]

ORIGINAL POST

RECEIVED A THANK YOU FROM “SEADOG!”

FIRST REPLY: DeckApe: “…I hate political talking points spam.”

MY FIRST FOLLOW-UP POST

SECOND REPLY: richard8000milesaway: “nobody here is going to read your legalize sounding political diatribe that you posted.”

RICHARD8000MILESAWAY RECEIVED TWO THANK YOU’S FROM: captjoe & Jeffrox

THIRD REPLY: DeckApe: “I disliked the modern political name calling…”

SECOND FOLLOW-UP: Defending my factual information.

FOURTH REPLY: george44: “This is an excellent example of how to write like a well-educated, if not totally neurotic person… If your post looks like a webpage maybe it should be one…”

FIFTH REPLY: richard8000milesaway: (yawn. scratch nuts) . "what-ever floats your boat, bub. see ya. click to different screen. "

MY REBUTTAL TO GEORGE44: Reciprocating with the same degree of criticism as received.

SIXTH REPLY GEORGE44: [george44 digressing into childish behavior]: “ha, I didnt read your response! I stuffed my fingers in my ears and started humming! (They have meds for bi-polar by the way)”

MY REBUTTAL TO GEORGE44: "How very said it is that personal insults are the favored method of discussion on this forum. "

SEVENTH REPLY DECKAPE: [DeckApe picks up on my criticism of the Ad Hominem attacks and finally presents a respectable point-by-point critique.]

MY REBUTTAL TO DECKAPE: [I answer his critique with factual information proving my view on the merchant marine industry is correct.]

EIGHTH REPLY DECKAGE: [DeckApe takes offense to my closing remark, “I can provide more information if I had the time” {I was at a McDonald and the Midnight closing time was approaching}] His response: In that case I won’t waste any more of your time. Good shooting!

NINTH REPLY TREKLEADER: [Taking offense to my remark, “Have I stumbled into a den of idiots?”] His response: “Yes; Perhaps you should retreat back to Free Republic and WorldNetDaily with the rest of the PhD’s and Mensa members…” [So, now I am demonized for doing actual research and presenting factual information to support my “opinions”? Damned if present my own opinions with factual information and damned if I present factual information with my opinions. Now who is at fault here for that?]

MY REBUTTABLE TO TREKLEADER AND DECKAPE: [Hitting back with equal force of Ad Hominem attacks. Fight fire with fire.]

TENTH REPLY CAPPY208: [As with any start of a bar room dispute, there is always a neutral party to intervene in the attempt to avoid a bar room brawl. Cappy208 presented a neutralizing argument.

11TH REPLY DECKAPE: [DeckApe tries to draw Cappy208 to his side of the argument.] His reply: “Cappy, check his links! He’s a birther. All reasonable discourse ends there. He believes in a grand conspiracy. Your arguments only support his idea that you, too, are either a party to the conspiracy or a fool to it. This topic (force protection, anti-piracy, the arming of merchantmen) could be an interesting discussion. I had hoped it would be. His agenda drove off all reason. Maybe next time.” [NOTE the attempt to play the sympethy card with Cappy208. Classic psychological behavior of an instigating bully. Cause an incident then play the role of the innocent. Classic psychology 101.]

MY REBUTTAL TO EVERYONE: [I attempt to get the discussion back on factual grounds by posting my email message to the Chief of Staff for Arkansas U.S. Rep. Rick Crawford that included an excerpt from a brand new (July 16, 2011) U.S. Supreme Court opinion discussing Federalism to refute DeckApe calling me a “birther” advising DeckApe that the discussion is not about birthers, it is about Federalism, the rights of an individual to hold the Government accountable for wrongful acts.]

12th REPLY DECKAPE: [A FALSE ADMITTANCE OF UNDERSTANDING] His reply: "I think I finally understand! You want your MMD/MMC to be a firearms permit to be valid within the United States by virtue of merchant mariners’ participation in historical armed hostilities. USCG won’t put a national open carry handgun endorcement on your MMD/MMC and you feel they are violating your Second Amendment rights. You have spent nine years pushing for your rights while the courts, politicians and government officials don’t seem to care. We don’t care either. An MMD/MMC is a mariner’s document, not a gun permit. Get over it.

MY REBUTTAL TO DECKAPE: [Testing DeckApe on his actual intention to a honest discussion I take a turn away from the MMD/MMC to the TWIC Card].

13th REBUTTAL DECKAPE: [Halfway to common group but still inflicting insults.] His reply: "TWIC is a scam. We agree on that. You didn’t object to my interpretation of your quest so I guess I got it right. Have no doubt, I hope you are successful in getting a right to carry put on the MMD/MMCs. It would be nice not to have to get a separate weapons permit every five years. Good luck.

MY REBUTTAL TO DECKAPE: [Objecting to his presumption on the type of my quest advising DeckApe that he should read the links I provided to the Merchant Marine Act lof 1936, the federal law on arming U.S. merchant vessels, and the Preamble to the Constitution of the United States.]

14th REBUTTAL TREKLEADER: [Having done a Google search on my name he believes he has found dirt to throw at me. He found someplace where someone called my “Batshit insane.”] No doubt it is from another discussion forum where I advocated NATIONAL OPEN CARRY HANDGUN in intrastate and interstate travel. That subject has the the source of online riots against the idea of it coming into reality. This is an example of mass self-deception. For a reality check go to www.OpenCarry.org to see how many states are open carry states. See also HR 822 National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011. If Congress is considering National Concealed Carry for handguns then what is stopping Congress from considering National Open Carry for handguns? Just Batshit insane people who want the Second Amendment repealed! I suggest that TREKLEADER is “Batshit insane” because he would rather dig up dirt and throw it at me instead of facing the reality of what the Constitution actually intended for us with the Bill of Rights. For instance, to preserve and protect National Open Carry Handgun as a basic fundamentual human right that existed when man kind was still walking on all fours or was created by God in his image, which ever view works for people.

15th REPLY DECKAPE: [Apparently DeckApe has a delusion of an honest U.S. Government and belief that corruption does not exist in the U.S. Government and that their must be some other explanation for the difficulty I have had in the federal courts for 9 years other than corrupt federal judges. What DeckApe does not know is that in the 9 years of federal litigation I have collected evidentiary proof of corruption of federal judges and members of federal law enforcement. It is easy for people to insult and criticize when they do not know all the facts of the subject they are criticizing.

CONCLUSION

What I find most disturbing about online discussion forums such as this one, is that the medium- to long-term members of these forums behave as if they can commit ad hominem attacks on newcomers in such a manner as to portray the newcomer has someone with a bad attitude with an intent to cause trouble. They do not know how to carry on a proper discussion of the facts at issue and because they are ignorant in how to argue with logic they must resort to personal attacks.

I do thorough research on the topics I present for discussion and a present actual facts to support my opinions and proposals for government action on the issues I present. But what happens more often than not is people like to gang up against the issues I present.

And reviewing this forum for the latest replies I see the natives are once again calling for me to be banned. I have caused another riot because you people do not want to see the reality of how Government is being run. You all have your own views of your world. And the proper interpretation of the Constitution and the Merchant Marine Act of 1936 threatens your view of the world around you. So what do you do? You gang up in an online riot with calls to ban me from this furom.

Like a pondered earlier… have I stumbled into a den of idiots?

I was banned by those forums because I was advocating NATIONAL OPEN CARRY HANDGUN. The idiots who stood in opposition to that idea at those forums wednt on an online rampage like you idiots are doing now. What are you afraid of by refusing to talk about NATIONAL OPEN CARRY FROM A U.S. MERCHANT SEAMAN’S POINT OF VIEW? You must be afraid of something because fear sparks anger which leads to attack mode. So, what you are people afraid of?

To the one who asked why am I still here: I thought I could salvage an honest discussion of the topics I presented. But I see that emotions have taken over and have caused you all to fly into an emotional rampage. I patients are now running the asylum. Maybe I should leave. Discussion forums are not the proper venue to discuss topics of purely legal nature.

My rebuttal to donhamsandwich with mustard;

nahnahnah nahnah nahh. Nah nah nah nah (rasberries)

Oh, and I regress to childish behavior, not digress…

Admit it, you only liked my post because it was a page and a half long!

What happened on this forum is basic tribal/gang behavior. Psychology is one of my hobby subjects of study. Even though I have read the article below I still get suckered into “ritual defamation” as evident from what happened on this forum. It is so easy to insult with emotion than to discuss with logic.

The Protocol of Ritual Defamation
[I]How values, opinions and beliefs are controlled in democratic societies.[/I]

By Laird Wilcox

[INDENT]“The critical element in political maneuver for advantage is the creation of meaning: the construction of beliefs about the significance of events, of problems, of crisis, of policy changes, and of leaders. The strategic need is to immobilize opposition and mobilize support. While coercion and intimidation help to check resistance in all political systems, the key tactic must always be the evocation of meanings that legitimize favored courses of action…” MURRAY EDELMAN, “Political Language and Political Reality,” PS, Winter 1985.

“At the extreme, the process of stereotyping eventuates in dehumanization: the enemy is judged to be so inhumanly evil or contemptible that anything may be done to “it” without subjectively compromising one’s own humanity and sense of loyalty.” AUSTIN TURK, Political Criminality, 1982.

“Freedom of the mind requires not only, or not even especially, the absence of legal constraints but the presence of alternative thoughts. The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.” ALAN BLOOM, The Closing of the American Mind, 1987.
[/INDENT]Definitions: The term “protocol” refers to a set of rules or established method. The term “ritual” refers to a predictable, stereotyped pattern that embraces number of elements, as in a ritual. The term “defamation” refers to the destruction or attempted destruction of the reputation, status, or standing in the community of a person or group of like-minded persons by deliberately unfair, false, misleading or hateful communication.

Defamation might be confused with mere criticism, opposition or expression of opinion, which is necessary for a free society. The essence of a democratic system depends on a large degree of freedom of expression and of give and take in the marketplace of ideas. It is only through the vigorous exploration of alternative explanations and sorting of conflicting facts and competing ideas that wise and reasonably just decisions can take place. Hypersensitive individuals or groups often claim to have been unfairly defamed when they have merely been criticized or challenged with results unsatisfactory to themselves. It is important to differentiate between ritual defamation on the one hand, and mere criticism and disagreement on the other.

For the purposes of this brief essay, the central element is defamation and the necessarily accompanying stigmatization in retaliation for the real or imagined attitudes, opinions or beliefs of the subject, with the intention of silencing or neutralizing his or her influence, and/or making an example of them so as to discourage similar independence and “insensitivity” or non-observance of taboos on the part of others.

Ritual defamation differs in nature and degree from simple criticism or disagreement in that it is aggressive, organized, premeditated and skillfully applied with the idea of neutralizing or eliminating an opponent rather than simply refuting or proving him incorrect. Ritual defamation is often performed by an organization or representative of a special interest group.

The elements of a Ritual Defamation are these:

[INDENT]1. In a ritual defamation the subject (hereinafter referred to as the “offender”) must have violated a particular taboo in some way, usually by expressing or identifying with a forbidden attitude, opinion or belief. It is not necessary that he “do” anything about it or undertake any particular course of action, only that they engage in some form of communication or expression. In some cases even that is not necessary, only that they are associated with or “linked” to a taboo idea or behavior in some way. It is largely directed against presumed attitudes, opinions or beliefs.

1. The primary method of attack in a ritual defamation is to assail the character of the offender, and never to offer more than a perfunctory challenge to the particular attitudes, opinions or beliefs expressed or implied. Any kind of debate with the offender is absolutely forbidden. The primary tool of ritual defamation is stigmatization through character assassination.

2. An important rule in ritual defamation is to avoid engaging in any kind of debate over the truthfulness or reasonableness of what has been expressed, only to condemn it. To debate the issue opens the issue up for examination and discussion of its merits and to consider the evidence or arguments that may support the forbidden views, which is just what the ritual defamer is trying to avoid. The primary goal of a ritual defamation is censorship and repression and marginalization of the offender.

3. The offender is often somebody in the public eye - someone who is vulnerable to public opinion - although perhaps in a very modest way. It could be a businessman, schoolteacher, public official, newspaper writer, scholar, or merely an outspoken citizen. Visibility enhances vulnerability to ritual defamation.

4. An attempt, often successful, is made to involve others in the ritual defamation. In the case of a public official, other public officials will be urged to denounce the offender. In the case of a student, other students will be called upon to reject and ostracize them, in the case of a teacher, other teachers will be recruited, and so on.

5. In order for a ritual defamation to be effective, the offender must be dehumanized to the extent that he becomes thoroughly identified with the offending attitude, opinion or belief, and in a manner which distorts it to the point where it appears at its most extreme. For example, a victim who is defamed as a “subversive” will be identified with the worst images of subversion, such as espionage, terrorism and treason. An offender defamed as a “pervert” will be identified with the worst images of perversion, including child molestation and rape. An offender defamed as a “racist” or“anti-Semite” will be identified with the worst images of racism or hatred of Jews, such as lynchings or gas chambers.

6. To be maximally successful, a ritual defamation must bring pressure and humiliation on the offender from every quarter, including family and friends. If the offender has schoolchildren, they may be taunted and ridiculed as a consequence of adverse publicity. If the offender is employed they may be ostracized or fired from their job. If the offender belongs to clubs or associations, other members maybe urged to expel them.

7. Ritual defamation is highly symbolic and emotional and is designed to largely bypass rational cognitive processes. In its modern form it is a relatively sophisticated method of focusing hatred through skillful (albeit unprincipled) manipulation of symbols, prejudices and ideas.

8. Any explanation the offender may offer, including the claim of being wronged or misunderstood, is considered irrelevant. To claim truth as a defense for a politically incorrect value, opinion or belief is interpreted as defiance and only compounds the problem. Ritual defamation, it must be emphasized, is not necessarily an issue of being wrong or incorrect about a matter, but rather of “insensitivity” and failing to observe social taboos.
    [/INDENT]An interesting aspect of ritual defamation as a practice is its universality. It is not specific to any value, opinion or belief or to any group or subculture. It may be used against any political, ethnic, national or religious group. It may, for example, be used by anti-Semites against Jews, or by Jews against anti-Semites; by right-wingers against left-wingers, or vice-versa, and so on.

The power of ritual defamation lies entirely in its capacity to intimidate and terrorize through the use of stigmatization. It embraces some elements of primitive superstitious behavior, as in placing a “curse” or “hex” upon selected victims. It results in the tainting, labeling or marking of a person as “impure,” somehow less than human and as an outcast. It is a tool often used against rebels and dissenters. In totalitarian societies it is a primary means of control.

A literary example of ritual defamation is Nathaniel Hawthorn’s novel, The Scarlet Letter, where a young woman was forced to wear a large “A” on her clothing to indicate that she had committed adultery. A historical example might be the witch hunts that occurred in colonial America. A more modern example might be the McCarthy period of the 1950’s, where both Communist and non-Communist leftists were charged with disloyalty and subversion, and recent crusades for “political correctness” in American society have produced a large number of victims unfairly linked to ideas or beliefs they do not hold.

Ritual defamation plays into the subconscious fear most people have of being shunned, abandoned or rejected by the tribe or community and its accompanying psychological support systems. For some victims the experience can be terrifying. Only the strongest psyches can survive it undamaged.

The weakness of ritual defamation lies in its tendency toward overkill and in its obvious maliciousness. More analytical or reflective citizens might perceive it as bullying, harassment or mere cruelty. Occasionally a ritual defamation will fail because of poor planning and failure to correctly judge the vulnerability of the offender, or because its unprincipled viciousness generates sympathy for them.

It is important to recognize and identify the patterns of a ritual defamation. Like virtually all propaganda and disinformation campaigns it is accomplished primarily through the manipulation of meaning and the use of words and symbols that characterize, identify and stigmatize. It is not used to persuade an offender, but to inflict public punishment and humiliation. Dr. Edward Manner, professor of philosophy at Notre Dame University, observes that “stigmatization is one of the most oppressive, inhumane forms of punishment any group of human beings can inflict on one of its members.” He notes that it is “a form of social control a civilized society will use rarely, and only with the greatest of care.”

Ritual Defamation is used to hurt, to intimidate, to purge, to destroy, and to persecute, and to avoid the dialogue, debate and discussion upon which a free society depends. On these grounds it must be opposed no matter who or what interest groups attempt to justify its use.

[I]Permission to reprint in full is granted providing no changes are made.[/I]

Laird Wilcox

Ritual Defamation is used to hurt, to intimidate, to purge, to destroy, and to persecute,

it’s also used to make f’ing losers like you shut your bloody piehole yaps

next please…

Bullies on Internet Discussion Forums
The Weekly Gripe (Britain)
http://www.weeklygripe.co.uk/a696.asp
June 18, 2011

Bullying is when a person or group repeatedly tries to harm someone who is weaker. Sometimes it involves direct attacks such as hitting, name calling, teasing or taunting. Sometimes it is indirect, such as spreading rumors or trying to make others reject someone. Forum bullying or cyber bullying has become a widespread issue throughout the Internet. As a former moderator I’ve encountered it it’s various guises many times. As one of the powers that be, it was difficult enough dealing with the usual spammers and trolls, but that was nothing compared to having to deal with already established members with high post counts and years of knowing each other in that forum.

The term ‘regulars’ has gained notoriety over the years on all kinds of forums. That’s where the bullies are easier to spot. To an outsider or a lurker, it can be a bit intimidating submitting a post as a newbie. Not knowing all the ins and outs and who knows who, it can be a bit daunting. The TOS (terms of service) or forum rules usually only serve to favour the regulars and bullies if there is some flaming going on in a particular thread.

To give an example, I posted a complaint on the my3cents consumer site last April regarding issues that I had with my bank, Chase. After lurking on some of the forums on this site I knew which regulars gave out sound advice and which ones were there just to flame new posters. So in response to my post I got four comments, three of these were sanctimonious and opinionated. I posted back somewhat sarcastically with “Thanks for the pontificating, dogmatic, sage, etc. advice!” which resulted in ‘full mod status’ being put on my user account. This basically meant from then on my posts had to be reviewed by a panel of administrators before being published.

Anyway, being crippled by the powers that be, I could no longer fight back and watched as regulars were only civil to each [other] and downright nasty to newbies. The unwritten rules were that the newcomers had to endure these nasty comments without reprisal. The bullies knew how to get around the censorship and avoided talking with you, or PMing you if you hadn’t been ‘broken in yet’. I also became aware a certain amount of favouritism displayed by administrators from the start. In any particular heated debate with a regular and a newbie, they would side with the regular and I noticed that they even let these people use various nicknames that surely must breach the guidelines. I can’t publish these here for obvious reasons.

Well, I can deal with bullies on forums, trolls and the like a lot easier if I didn’t have to worry about the forum administrators protecting them! That’s the real issue here. I get tired of myself and others being dismissed as oversensitive or censored when we fight back against these bullies. So much for free speech!

By: xBicceyx

NOTE: The same bullying behavior is exhibited by federal judges against unrepresented civil plaintiffs. See http://victimsoflaw.net/9thcircuit1.htm

You never did answer my questions of what ships you have sailed on and why you are only an AB after more than 20 years at sea? Afterall this is a forum for mariners and you obviously have an agenda far beyond anything maritime such as the open packing of full auto weapons loaded with high calibre exloding full jacket ammo by the criminally insane to elementary schools because Charlton Heston told all that God said it was ok.

My last question to you is why have you not rebutted me yet? Hmmm…could it be that I might be right about you being a loser and that you can’t find a way to convince any of us otherwise?

I’ve said it before…you sir are a loser! Come on now Mr Turdly Sealawyer esq., rebutt that one. The jury is waiting for your closing remarks.

[QUOTE=c.captain;51266]You never did answer my questions of what ships you have sailed on and why you are only an AB after more than 20 years at sea? Afterall this is a forum for mariners and you obviously have an agenda far beyond anything maritime such as the open packing of full auto weapons loaded with high calibre exloding full jacket ammo by the criminally insane to elementary schools because Charlton Heston told all that God said it was ok.

My last question to you is why have you not rebutted me yet? Hmmm…could it be that I might be right about you being a loser and that you can’t find a way to convince any of us otherwise?

I’ve said it before…you sir are a loser! Come on now Mr Turdly Sealawyer esq., rebutt that one. The jury is waiting for your closing remarks.[/QUOTE]

You’re an idiot.