In Case You Think Things are Bad Now

[QUOTE=LI_Domer;189382]Let’s not get into this. The vetting of an election cycle, in theory, should choose the best candidate, Or at least the one we deserve. That’s the pros and cons of having a democratic republic.

If anything we need to do a better job ensuring we have a well educated and civilly engaged electorate. Changing the constitution won’t create that though. The best change we could make for both parties and for ourselves as voters would be to turn over “Citizens United” and get dark money and out of politics.[/QUOTE]

While I certainly agree that we do NEED a better educated electorate, there are problems ensuring that. . . back in the ugly Jim Crow days, there were reading comprehension tests at polling places to ensure just that. Thing is, the black population at the time was largely illiterate, due to the nature of slavery. . . can you even imagine the outcry now, if there was a civics test? Hell, even the notion of obtaining a photo ID (Needed to obtain any government service) is an outrage these days. . . .

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;189365]No thanks our constitution is just fine.[/QUOTE]
Is that with all the amendments or as it was written originally?

[QUOTE=powerabout;189438]Is that with all the amendments or as it was written originally?[/QUOTE]

In case somebody need help to remember what the amendments were about, here is a list to refresh your memory: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_amendments_to_the_United_States_Constitution
Believed, but not guaranteed to be correct. (It is a Wiki after all)

I was gonna say with all amendments but it appears them damn atheist liberals removed the Ten Commandments and replaced em with something called a bill of rights. I never seen nothin bout that on Faux News figured they’d been all over that. Must be a Zionist conspiracy to remove Jesus from everything.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;189443]I was gonna say with all amendments but it appears them damn atheist liberals removed the Ten Commandments and replaced em with something called a bill of rights. I never seen nothin bout that on Faux News figured they’d been all over that. Must be a Zionist conspiracy to remove Jesus from everything.[/QUOTE]

Faux News would not care (or know about) anything that happened in 1791. (Aside for maybe the 2nd Amendment??)
If it hasn’t got anything to do with Benghazi, or may be enshrined in some certain e-mails, it cannot possibly be news worthy.

If you think things were bad under the Neo-cons, wait to see what it will be like when the “Alt. Rights” take over power in Washington: http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21707201-how-donald-trump-ushered-hateful-fringe-movement-mainstream-pepe-and?spc=scode&spv=xm&ah=9d7f7ab945510a56fa6d37c30b6f1709

We foreigners can only hope and pray it will never happen. Only you Americans can do anything to stop it from happening.

[QUOTE=ombugge;190790]If you think things were bad under the Neo-cons, wait to see what it will be like when the “Alt. Rights” take over power in Washington

We foreigners can only hope and pray it will never happen. Only you Americans can do anything to stop it from happening.[/QUOTE]

HELL you foreigners are the only ones scared to death! if “The Demagogue” does somehow win, I am seriously thinking of taking the DAUNTLESS to Canada and ask for political asylum there.

btw, for those of you like myself who solemnly believe Keith Olbermann is “the voice” to declare the Emperor has no clothes should know that he has a webcast running now sponsored by GQ Magazine here: The Closer with Keith Olbermann

[QUOTE=c.captain;190798]if “The Demagogue” does somehow win, I am seriously thinking of taking the DAUNTLESS to Canada and ask for political asylum there.[/QUOTE]

Be careful. You may need to hire armed guards to protect the Dauntless from being attacked by angry Canadian tree huggers as a US Navy vessel would clearly be perceived to be a symbol of rampant Yankee imperialist war mongering. Oh wait, I don’t think guards are allowed to be armed in Canada.

But they will have some very polite, stern words with you!

[QUOTE=LI_Domer;190801]But they will have some very polite, stern words with you![/QUOTE]

at which point I unleash a fusillade of hot lead with my quad 50’s

//youtu.be/cOgzCL6Rd1o

that’ll teach them Poutine eaters to utter “stern words” to me

[QUOTE=lm1883;190796]A post like this highlights your ignorance.[/QUOTE]

Who are ignorant, me or The Economist??
Or do you disagree that foreigner cannot vote in US elections, only American citizens can?

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;189365]No thanks our constitution is just fine.[/QUOTE]
then how come it keeps getting amendments?

[QUOTE=lm1883;190815]Both. The economist is a globalist rag.

Edit- I used to subscribe to the economist and read it religiously. In the last 4 or five years it’s journalistic qualities have been eroded and it is simply like any other news organization with an agenda.[/QUOTE]

You are entitled to your opinion, as am I. You just stick to you Fox News for unfair, biased and one sided news. I’ll read The Economist and other newspaper and watch a variety of news channels from around the world in order to make up my own mind about what is true and what is propaganda. The US “good guys/bad guys” definition is too simplistic for me.

[QUOTE=ombugge;190811]Who are ignorant, me or The Economist??
Or do you disagree that foreigner cannot vote in US elections, only American citizens can?[/QUOTE]
I thought anyone can vote in a USA election as they last time they tried to implement using ID there was nearly civil war WTF?

[QUOTE=lm1883;190834]There you go again with your prejudice.[/QUOTE]

Where is the prejudice?? Do you mean that my remark about Fox News, or the “good guys/bad guys” comment is somehow prejudiced against USA in general?

In Singapore I used to watch Fox News as a comical relief, but unfortunately I don’t have it here in Norway. If we had I would love to watch their coverage of the Presidential Campaign. It must be comedy a the highest level how they manage to justify the antics of one and demonize the other candidate.
Le Solei, step aside, the “Greatest Circus on Earth” is playing out on your screen right now.

If the world was as simple as “black and white” it would be easy to solve all problems ailing the world. I don’t believe that it is that simple, but you are entitled to yours.

[QUOTE=c.captain;190806]at which point I unleash a fusillade of hot lead with my quad 50’s
that’ll teach them Poutine eaters to utter “stern words” to me[/QUOTE]

wha…? I go offline for 2 days and I miss the invasion. Why don’t you go someplace where they like American warships? Try Philipeans.

[QUOTE=c.captain;190806]that’ll teach them Poutine eaters to utter “stern words” to me[/QUOTE]

Another battle over crowd size is brewing between Trump and Obama.

Obama is back at the Brandenburger Tor in Berlin and drawing a huge crowd of admirers: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ands-in-berlin

While Trump, who are in Brussels for a EU meeting and NATO Summit, is drawing a large crowd of protesters: http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/tru...elgium-n764231

Who are the winner is up for a toss.