HMS Vanguard and the Le Triomphant (Subs) Collide In The Atlantic

BRITISH and French nuclear submarines which collided deep under the Atlantic could have sunk or released deadly radioactivity, it emerged last night.

The Royal Navy’s HMS Vanguard and the French Navy’s Le Triomphant are both nuclear powered and were carrying nuke missiles.

Between them they had around 250 sailors on board.

A senior Navy source said: “The potential consequences are unthinkable. It’s very unlikely there would have been a nuclear explosion.

“But a radioactive leak was a possibility. Worse, we could have lost the crew and warheads. That would have been a national disaster.”

Le Triomphant … French nuclear sub
The collision is believed to have taken place on February 3 or 4, in mid-Atlantic. Both subs were submerged and on separate missions.

Read More…

This don’t surprise me!! I bet you they were playing chicken. I worked on a dry dock in Scotland for 16 months, All we did was dock Boomer class subs. Those Bubbleheads woulds always talk about the close calls they had with other subs while playing chicken!! Very Scary stuff!!!

Nothing like trading paint between friends. Hell think of it as instant stimulus for two shipyards.