Free ECDIS and digital navigation workshop at CMA's Shipping 2012

Admiralty is holding a series of free workshops on ECDIS and digital navigation during this year’s CMA. The workshops are designed to help everyone who is preparing for the mandatory carriage of ECDIS get to grips with the information they need to adopt ECDIS onboard. The workshops include information on risk assessment, regulatory and flag state requirements, training, bridge procedures, chart supply installation, implementation and transition.

The event will be presented by master mariner and ECDIS consultant Capt. Paul Hailwood, whose extensive knowledge of the subject is drawn from many years sailing with ECDIS as well as advising companies globally on how to adopt the technology.

The workshops run on 19 March (2pm), 20 March (11am) and 21 March (11am) in The Charter Oak Seminar Room (www.shipping2012.com/exhibit2012.html) and delegates can register for the workshop via www.admiralty.co.uk/admiraltyworkshops. Admiralty has produced a supporting information pack covering the nine stages to digital transition, which will be available at the workshops and can also be downloaded from www.admiralty.co.uk/admiraltyworkshops.

If anyone is interested in more information, please let us know. We hope to see you there.

ECDIS will be getting more and more popular. Take advantage of this now.

This CMA is not California Maritime Academy but Connecticut Maritime Association and it is in Stamford. It will not be an STCW approved course but just show and tell for shipowners.

ECDIS will become a SOLAS requirement in the next few years however.

[QUOTE=Admiralty;64540]Admiralty is holding a series of free workshops on ECDIS and digital navigation during this year’s CMA. The workshops are designed to help everyone who is preparing for the mandatory carriage of ECDIS get to grips with the information they need to adopt ECDIS onboard. The workshops include information on risk assessment, regulatory and flag state requirements, training, bridge procedures, chart supply installation, implementation and transition.

The event will be presented by master mariner and ECDIS consultant Capt. Paul Hailwood, whose extensive knowledge of the subject is drawn from many years sailing with ECDIS as well as advising companies globally on how to adopt the technology.

The workshops run on 19 March (2pm), 20 March (11am) and 21 March (11am) in The Charter Oak Seminar Room (www.shipping2012.com/exhibit2012.html) and delegates can register for the workshop via www.admiralty.co.uk/admiraltyworkshops. Admiralty has produced a supporting information pack covering the nine stages to digital transition, which will be available at the workshops and can also be downloaded from www.admiralty.co.uk/admiraltyworkshops.

If anyone is interested in more information, please let us know. We hope to see you there.[/QUOTE] I’ll go so long as Tim Brown is paying for the food and booze and Kings Point pays for my room replete with call girl service being provided for by MARAD! What part of that don’t you understand! I don’t feel i should have to pay fees for my license. I believe once a license is won it should be for life and pension provided by the federal government not the unions! Bad Booze, Kings Pointers and Hookers go hand in hand with transient hotels and places like the Pine Street Inn and Mother Ropers soup Kitchen . I believe all Merchant Marines should be provided with hotel service for life.