Fletcher mate study program

Can anyone tell me their thoughts on the mate study program at LE Fletcher? What books/material does the price include? Thanks

http://www.gcaptain.com/forum/professional-mariner-forum/8706-preparing-500-ton-master.html

[QUOTE=seaboy;138644]Can anyone tell me their thoughts on the mate study program at LE Fletcher? What books/material does the price include? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Your out of luck right now. Capt. Bruce is retiring at the end of the year and there is no openings.

He’s been retiring the end of the last 15 years.

Hope he doesn’t retire. He is a good instructor. I have been taking classes and upgrading with Captain Ken since 97. There isn’t really anyone that could take his place there.

[QUOTE=captaint76;138878]He’s been retiring the end of the last 15 years.[/QUOTE]

He is doing it. Look on there website. They don’t even offer the class right now. He will finish teaching his students right now and then that’s it.

Unfortunately Capt. Bruce had retire around Feb. 2016. I did have the opportunity to get to know him. But in regards to the prep course. It is at a halt. We are not enrolling any new students into the program. There has been a lot of changes in the last few years. We are now South Louisiana Community College. If you have any questions, you are welcome to stop by the facility. We are still at 331 Dickson Rd. Houma, LA 70363 or you can give us a call at 985-448-5951.