Feds finally caught up with Maurice from Beer Radio

Still doesn’t justify selling certificates for his personal gain. My license plus a full DP certificate has significantly improved my job marketability and more than made up the cost of the basic class and time to attend. In addition, It took me over 2.5 years after the class to accrue the DP time for the full cert. That was the hard part.

I agree with you 100%

The NI created and ran a system because nobody else was, its as simple as that.
Its not so many years ago my buddy on the nosac committee told me the uscg searched all their documentation for the letters DP and couldnt find any references at all

[QUOTE=powerabout;193890]the uscg searched all their documentation for the letters DP and couldnt find any references at all[/QUOTE]
I have no idea wtf this means or what you are trying to say. That the Coast Guard doesn’t even know how to spell “DP”…?

http://mariners.coastguard.dodlive.mil/?s=Dynamic+positioning

Always wondered what happened to him.

[QUOTE=bestellen;195238]Always wondered what happened to him.[/QUOTE]

That low life piece of crap, I had no idea this kind of thing was going on when I was sent an exemption letter from the Nautical Institute because my original Kongsberg basic and advanced certificates had expired. The NI exemption required me to retake the advanced course and serve thirty days on the DP desk. I got on DP schools waiting list and besides my 28 and 14 day schedule was able to attend the Bier Radio advanced class in Harvey. I remember that Maurice took me along with eight black dudes to the ware house for some souvenirs. I found it strange that they weren’t in the class when we finally got down to business

My class in the summer of 2013 consisted of two guys on the left side of the room taking the basic induction course and four of us on the right side of the class taking the advanced course. That struck me as odd, but what was really strange was Maurice telling me that the guys that were with me in the warehouse that morning were supposedly taking the night course. I’m just glad that I paid Beier with a credit card and not cash. In the end the NI renegade on their exemption letter and made me start all over again. Never knew why until I saw this thread. I guess they thought my Beier certificate was a scam as well. Three Thou down the drain, not to mention travel expense. I hope the guy gets twenty.