Ex USNS JOHN McDONNELL for auction again

[QUOTE=Saltine;134157]In your google search toolbar (top right corner) I see your trying to figure out how to calculate pi. Have we finally found something you don’t know???[/QUOTE]

DAMNED YOUR EYES TO HELL MAN!

Anyway in answer to your impertinence, I was just testing Google to see if it had the correct answer, but if you look at the bookmarks you’ll discover the ugly fact I am a lousy divorced SOB trying to hook up with a smokin hot babe with money who is into old boats and military trucks. Know where I might find one of those by any chance? I can certainly put one of those to use better some mystical digits!

[QUOTE=c.captain;134159]DAMNED YOUR EYES TO HELL MAN!

Anyway in answer to your impertinence, I was just testing Google to see if it had the correct answer, but if you look at the bookmarks you’ll discover the ugly fact I am a lousy divorced SOB trying to hook up with a smokin hot babe with money who is into old boats and military trucks. Know where I might find one of those by any chance? I can certainly put one of those to use better some mystical digits![/QUOTE]

Haha. If i find that kind of babe I will have to see if she has a twin.

I have inspected the mine sweepers a few weeks ago, and the engines have been removed on most. Although I did not inspect the 209 foot McDonnell, I have inspected similar ships under like circumstances all over the U.S. The mine sweepers have no military application any longer. You are correct in concluding it is ridiculous to require a bond to cut them into 5 foot sections. No one will bid. Both auctions tomorrow. Have you found a location to dock the McDonnell close to Honolulu, or hoping this hot girl will do it for you within the 30 day deadline? Do you have the capacity to operate the McDonnell? The McDonnell has no fuel on board. The last 209 foot vessel had 150000.00 dollars worth of fuel in it. Big difference.

Can anybody tell me, does the McDONNELL have a CPP?

I don’t believe so.

[QUOTE=New3M;134754]I don’t believe so.[/QUOTE]

so a fixed pitch reverse reduction gear…curious is that is very uncommon for a hydrographic vessel

9 hours to go in the bidding

Well they are getting replaced by the LCS so why not waste more money.

Don’t bid on my info - I’m not entirely sure!

[QUOTE=c.captain;134757]so a fixed pitch reverse reduction gear…curious is that is very uncommon for a hydrographic vessel

[/QUOTE]

General Characteristics, John McDonnell Class
Builder: Halter Marine Moss Point, MS.
Propulsion: 1 GM EMD 12-645E6 diesel; 2,500 horsepower (1.9 MW) sustained; 1 auxiliary diesel; 230 horsepower (172kW); 1 shaft.
Length: 208 feet (63.4 meters).
Beam: 45 feet (13.7 meters).
Displacement: 2,054 tons (2,086.96 metric tons) full load.
Speed: 12 knots (13.8 mph).

The donk is supposed to be good for 6 knots by itself which must have been how they operated when towing cable connected stuff.

It is over and sadly I was outbid. Final winning bid was $508,000. A bargain to be sure but I could not stay the final stretch much I had wanted to.

So now the winner needs to pony up the cash and then get the vessel drydocked, classed and inspected. Gonna cost big to do that in Hawaii so likely going to come to the West Coast which means a tow or permit to proceed with crew and fuel costs of likely $200k. Still I figure if the whole kit and kaboodle ends up costing the new owner $1.5 to $2M to complete they are getting one hell of a great deal for a ship which has some serious earning potential.

I wonder who the winner is? If anyone knows I would love it if you might PM me with the info.

btw, the minesweepers sold as well but I don’t know for how much? Pity that they must be destroyed!

I don’t think so, C-Captain. Its been over 20 years since I was aboard here, but I’m pretty sure she had a conventional prop.