Elaine Chao is Trump's pick for Secretary of Transportation

well, I believe it is safe to forget any meaningful change regarding the Department of Transportation, MarAd or any maritime policy in the incoming Trump Administration which will help US flag operators or seamen

[B]Elaine Chao is Trump’s pick for Secretary of Transportation[/B]

As Secretary of Labor, Elaine Chao was first American woman of Asian descent to serve in a cabinet level position

NOVEMBER 29, 2016 — President-elect Donald Trump’s pick for Secretary of Transportation is Elaine Chao, the 24th U. S. Secretary of Labor who served from 2001-2009, becoming the longest tenured Secretary of Labor since World War II, and the only member of President Bush’s original cabinet to served the entire eight years of his Administration.

A former Director of the Peace Corps, her government service also includes serving as Deputy Secretary at the U.S. Department of Transportation, as Chairman of the Federal Maritime Commission and as Deputy U.S. Maritime Administrator.

Her father, philanthropist James S.C. Chao, is founder and Chairman of New York headquartered bulk shipping operator Foremost Maritime Group.

She is married to Senate Majority Leader, Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky.

It seems that she has connections.

Extensive family ties with Flag of Convenience shipping, none with the U.S. Merchant Marine.

[QUOTE=Seago;192984]Extensive family ties with Flag of Convenience shipping, none with the U.S. Merchant Marine.[/QUOTE]

my thanks to you for pointing out the obvious to our nincompoop fellow member

[QUOTE=c.captain;192985]my thanks to you for pointing out the obvious to our nincompoop fellow member[/QUOTE]

It’s good to have people in high places, that’s why you are where you are today Scooter.

[QUOTE=c.captain;192890]well, I believe it is safe to forget any meaningful change regarding the Department of Transportation, MarAd or any maritime policy in the incoming Trump Administration which will help US flag operators or seamen[/QUOTE]

Or to give KP its long overdue coup de grâce: http://maritime-executive.com/editorials/usmma-a-priority-under-new-administration

I was really hoping that Trump would close the place so one of his real estate scams could turn it into a resort for his Russian buddies.

She is a friend of MEBA as well. Hope she works out for us