Eat your heart out Rebel_Rider...the latest addition to the c.captain fleet

behold my new 1975 Ford F-600 4x4 incident command and control truck…

Massive Rockwell axles and transfer case mated to a 5 speed gearbox & PTO winch…the only downside is a meek 330ci Ford industrial V8 engine. I’m definitely going to dieselize her this fall, but which engine to use? Data…I need data! A Detroit, Cummins or an IHC? There’s no question the gears can take the torque of a diesel. Just a matter of fit.

btw…I have no idea at all what the hell I will use this thing for…maybe a custom interior in the vanbody someday? I just had to buy this brute because I simply knew I was never going to find this truck again. It is so much more rare than any deuce! I’m just glad I go back to work next week because I am going to go broke soon.

ps…Mosin-Nagants, Mausers, Enfields, Springfields, Garands, Carbines, Tommy Guns, Greaseguns and anything Browning are always welcome…that’s it! I turn this monster into a rolling armory! After all, it is a “Command and Control” truck!

Load it down and you can use it for surveillance on TMAcadet1. You’ll be fully equipped to wait the little bastard out. Properly equipped it could be a good siege vehicle.

6.6 Duramax would be great in there. Get an Alison transmission and you can make that bad boy a hoss!

Nice but I just saw a Deuce “Command” vehicle for sale up here…(it had AC!)

Paint “Stabbin’ Cabin” on the side and you’ll be set,lol.

[QUOTE=c.captain;81401]behold my new 1975 Ford F-600 4x4 incident command and control truck…

The newer computerized diesel engines are problematic to install in an old truck. As a practical matter, you’d need the complete engine, transmission (if auto), computers, sensors and wiring harness. Its much easier and better to go pre-1994 (for most engines) with no electronics or computers on the engine. To get an engine its often cheaper to buy a complete truck, the typical pre-1994 tractor can be bought for under $5,000 at an auction, especially if they are cabovers. A Cummins 6BT would be adequate for that truck and there are plenty of them around. An older IH DT466 (Ford 7.8 liter) would be even better. I’m kind of partial to the 425 HP Cat 3406 in a truck, but its way too much engine for that truck.

Keep an eye out on Bidadoo.com. They are a reputable online auction with a yard in Seattle just across the Duwamish.

[QUOTE=ryanwood86;81404]6.6 Duramax would be great in there. Get an Alison transmission and you can make that bad boy a hoss![/QUOTE]

Too much $$$ for me…I am tending towards an IHC 6.9l or if I can get a deal…a turbo’d 7.3l

[QUOTE=tugsailor;81409]The newer computerized diesel engines are problematic to install in an old truck. As a practical matter, you’d need the complete engine, transmission (if auto), computers, sensors and wiring harness. Its much easier and better to go pre-1994 (for most engines) with no electronics or computers on the engine. To get an engine its often cheaper to buy a complete truck, the typical pre-1994 tractor can be bought for under $5,000 at an auction, especially if they are cabovers. A Cummins 6BT would be adequate for that truck and there are plenty of them around. An older IH DT466 (Ford 7.8 liter) would be even better. I’m kind of partial to the 425 HP Cat 3406 in a truck, but its way too much engine for that truck.

Keep an eye out on Bidadoo.com. They are a reputable online auction with a yard in Seattle just across the Duwamish.[/QUOTE]

No plan at all for a modern diesel. Don’t need that performance. Much as I hate Detroits…what about a 6V53?

[QUOTE=Rebel_Rider1969;81408]Nice but I just saw a Deuce “Command” vehicle for sale up here…(it had AC!)

Paint “Stabbin’ Cabin” on the side and you’ll be set,lol.[/QUOTE]

Damned your eyes! I still like mine because it is a commercial truck and more rare as a result that a deuce but that doesn’t mean that a “Command” deuce and a half ain’t awesome.

Can anyone say ‘breaking bad’?

6V53 truck engines are not that easy to find. Way to much noise, smoke, and such oil leaks.

I’ve had good luck on ebay. Ritchie Bros. Auctions are always fun and they have them in Olympia and BC. State DOT auctions can be good for damaged vehicles. There is a smaller local auctioneer in Seattle (Kirkwood I think), but I can’t think of his name.

[QUOTE=tugsailor;81415]6V53 truck engines are not that easy to find. Way to much noise, smoke, and such oil leaks.

I’ve had good luck on ebay. Ritchie Bros. Auctions are always fun and they have them in Olympia and BC. State DOT auctions can be good for damaged vehicles. There is a smaller local auctioneer in Seattle (Kirkwood I think), but I can’t think of his name.[/QUOTE]

I believe you’re thinking of James G. Murphy Auction in Kenmore.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;81403]Load it down and you can use it for surveillance on TMAcadet1. You’ll be fully equipped to wait the little bastard out. Properly equipped it could be a good siege vehicle.[/QUOTE]

DAMNED FINE IDEA FRAQ…stop by and I’ll buy you a beer for that!

good man!

Scout Craigslist and the local trading post, I bet someone is parting out an old diesel truck. Could land a good deal.

[QUOTE=ryanwood86;81424]Scout Craigslist and the local trading post, I bet someone is parting out an old diesel truck. Could land a good deal.[/QUOTE]

I can get a rusty old F350 with a IHC diesel but no need to now. Those engines are everywhere.

I was just wondering if the IHC diesels were my best option or if I should look for another?

Every now and then I see a few truck engines on boats and harbors. What about checking out the local Semi boneyard? Should be an inline 6 cylinder lurking somewhere.

The Ford 7.3 liter power stroke is an IHC engine, and a damned fine one at that. Their only pitfall is if the coolant was not properly maintained, allowing cavitation to pit the cylinder walls.

I change my mind the cadet can wait I think we need to reconnoiter KP for uniblabber mouth.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;81469]I change my mind the cadet can wait I think we need to reconnoiter KP for uniblabber mouth.[/QUOTE]

Between the Stealthmobile (my 72 Merc Marquis) and the Commandmobile, we’ll be able to infiltrate any two bit tinpot dictator’s fiefdom…

Now we wait til nightfall then you, Reb and I will jump out and catch them by surprise…

[QUOTE=Flyer69;81436]The Ford 7.3 liter power stroke is an IHC engine, and a damned fine one at that. Their only pitfall is if the coolant was not properly maintained, allowing cavitation to pit the cylinder walls.[/QUOTE]

Before Ford introduced the Powerstroke series, they used an IHC manufactured naturally aspirated 6.9l and then a 7.3l turbo’ed engine. Doing the research as to what specifically changed with the Powerstrokes but I am thinking a 7.3l IHC pre-Powerstroke is my way to go because of cost and simplicity to install or I can get a 6.9l for cheap and if not already equipped, can retrofit a Banks turbo to it.

Any comments from the peanut gallery?