DP Incidents

[QUOTE=Quimby;189089]Assuming the DP system is tuned properly…the only time I’ve seen thrusters ramp up like that near the end of a move is if the operator was adding distance in a direction off the original course such that the boat had to change its vector against the current. The fact that you are using high gains might have something to do with it. I don’t know the IHC system, but if I had the gains maxed out I would probably be running weather patterns/hove to. The system I use if you are in calm weather with gains maxed out the boat tends to overcompensate and ramp up. Possibly double [B]check your Kalman filter[/B], bias multiplier if you have one. Otherwise, if you’re bored and have the time try to replicate the scenario.[/QUOTE]
What do you recommend for the Kalman filter wash it or replace it?

Soap and water usually works

[QUOTE=Quimby;189197]Soap and water usually works[/QUOTE]

What do you do with the little Kalmans you wash off?

Washing them off is not recommended. You should clean the Kalman filter like the lint filter in your dryer.
The little Kalmans are awful cute and make great pets, kids love 'em.
However, never, EVER, feed them after midnight!!!

[ATTACH]4471[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=Flyer69;189204]Washing them off is not recommended. You should clean the Kalman filter like the lint filter in your dryer.
The little Kalmans are awful cute and make great pets, kids love 'em.
However, never, EVER, feed them after midnight!!![/QUOTE]

Well here (as with so much else in life) I’ll take my lead from my beloved Steely Dan…
Throw back the little ones and
Pan fry the big ones
Use tact, poise and reason
And gently squeeze them

You’re showing your age Chief!

Truly timeless music by stellar musicians.

Common guys. If you keep the Kalmans around, they’re going to invite their Bayesian friends, and before you know it the Gaussians will be there in spades. It’s not a good president.