Deck license tutor available

I am available for private tutoring in any deck license subject. I offer face to face tutoring if you are willing to travel to Louisiana, otherwise, I offer lessons through personalized instructional videos, over the phone, or via FaceTime/Skype.

I will tailor a plan to meet your specific needs. Your first lesson is free, and if you choose to continue, we will discuss fees based on your individualized study plan.

I am an Unlimited Master with 15 years experience at sea. I scrabbled up the hawsepipe from OS, through a 100/200T Master’s license, followed by a 1600T Master’s license, Third Mate AGT, and on to Master AGT. I am thoroughly familiar with the exam questions, and I am eager to assist you.

1 Like

OceanGoat just helped tutor me on Celestial Nav problems for my Oceans upgrade.
All I can say is WOW! This Captain is not only not only super bright and an excellent instructor he’s also a very nice guy.

I attended MPT in Florida and received excellent instruction from Andy Pickerell (I highly recommend his course) but I needed to test again at the REC to upgrade my unlimited 2nd Mate license. OceanGoat helped me on some of the stuff that wasn’t taught in the class but that I could expect to see on the exam.

We did the instruction long distance using a combo of text, email telephone and awesome YouTube videos he produced custom for me on the fly.

I plan a separate thread designed to aide Hawsepiper’s like myself get through the Oceans upgrade but for now I want to thank the three people that lent me support long distance and helped me pass those f… exams.

1. Oceangoat
  2. Andy Pickerell (MPT)
  3. Greg Smith (GPS Marine Solutions)

So glad I’m completely done and will never have to take a big time USCG Exam (no I will not be upgrading to Unlimited Master)

Thanks for the feedback, Hawespiper5. Glad I could help.

[QUOTE=OceanGoat;183768]Thanks for the feedback, Hawespiper5. Glad I could help.[/QUOTE]
I’m so glad you could help as well! :wink:

Oceangoat is the man!..err… the Goat! Thanks so much Capt, celebrating with my family tonight on passing my 1600 ton mate test, after searching in vain, I reached out to you, and your help was exactly what I needed to pass with flying colors. All of that and an all around good guy too! highly recommend!

Thanks Tommygun!! Glad I could help, it was my pleasure.

[QUOTE=Tommygun;184724]Oceangoat is the man!..err… the Goat! Thanks so much Capt, celebrating with my family tonight on passing my 1600 ton mate test, after searching in vain, I reached out to you, and your help was exactly what I needed to pass with flying colors. All of that and an all around good guy too! highly recommend![/QUOTE]

Great job. Congrats!

1 Like

Good afternoon sir are you still available for deck license tutor if so that would be great

Mr oceangoat if your reading this I would love to get your help . My email address is hova1820@yahoo.com

You have posted on an inactive thread that is 3 years old. Suggest you send @OceanGoat a PM directly. If he is still around I am sure he would reply.

@cheif_seadog good afternoon trying to get to him and reach out but don’t seem to work if u can point him to me or in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated sir

I don’t know the man but perhaps @Hawespiper5 or @Tommygun can help if they are still active members here.