Current Turnaround times for USCG License Renewals

June 26th application for VPDSD, July 11th letter requesting more info stating policy letter 12-06 no good more or less, responded with new company letter containing different “verbiage”, today July 31st, received email that- “Your application has completed the evaluation process and is approved for issuance”. waiting on the next email, that may even come with a step that is actually on the constipated “Credential State Flow Diagram”.

Applied June 20th not 26th. received email Friday morning Aug 1st, saying; Your credential has been issued and mailed via 1st class USPS. You can expect to receive your credential within 10 days." so 41 days an in the mail. Thank Goodness for our Postal Service, they are reliable!

Turned in my paperwork for AB/Lifeboat the second week of March. Kept getting emails that they needed more medical info. Numerous calls to them only to be told to disregard those since their email system sends those out when they are reviewing your legacy file. Called again 2 months later and was told that my file was sent back to medical review again but was not suppose to be sent there since I have no medical issues and they will have it sent back to the review desk. Called again beginning of last month and was told by the nice girl on the phone the the review desk sent it back to medical again because they have no clue on what they are doing. Was informed my file would be retrieved and put into the right hands to get this completed. Haven’t heard a thing in weeks. Should of listen to my father many years ago when he said “Why the hell to you want to work on boats for”

Any idea how long it takes for a license to move forward after passing the tests at the REC??

Eight to ten weeks.

[QUOTE=Fla-cracker;142138]Eight to ten weeks.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that is sad…

[QUOTE=Fla-cracker;142138]Eight to ten weeks.[/QUOTE]

BS. It’s 1-2 days.

Better get used to it. No relief in sight.

6 months waiting for AB, Lifeboatmen decals. Many calls to the CG with many excuses why it’s taking so long. Not looking good with the way things are going in the country if the gov clerks can’t even get a small task like getting our paperwork together a processed so we can continue to work.

NMC said 1-2 weeks after they receive test scores from the REC, which is out of their control

I kept everything I sent in but now realize I don’t have anything at all that says I tested ……

[QUOTE=ahihunter;142168]6 months waiting for AB, Lifeboatmen decals. Many calls to the CG with many excuses why it’s taking so long. Not looking good with the way things are going in the country if the gov clerks can’t even get a small task like getting our paperwork together a processed so we can continue to work.[/QUOTE]

Six months? You may want to pick up the phone and call your Congress critter and put him or her to work. They are on August recess and therefore should be in their home constituencies. I have heard that sometimes that phone call gets results.

Absolutely. Most have a boiler plate form for “assistance with a federal agency” that one of their minions will handle. Worked for me…

[QUOTE=catherder;142252]Six months? You may want to pick up the phone and call your Congress critter and put him or her to work. They are on August recess and therefore should be in their home constituencies. I have heard that sometimes that phone call gets results.[/QUOTE]

I called again yesterday and was told 2 more weeks and I should get an email of confirmation of it being sent to me. If that doesn’t happen I will be going to higher ups in the chain to get this rectified. 20+ years licensed and I have never sen it so bad…

I emailed my renewal to Mandeville 6/11. Accepted 6/18. Cleared medical 6/25. Awaiting PQEB… forever. Cleared 8/15 & mailed 8/18.

[QUOTE=Tazley;142236]NMC said 1-2 weeks after they receive test scores from the REC, [U][I]which is out of their control[/I][/U]…[/QUOTE]

The RECs are part of the NMC.

Does the USCG understand that it urgently needs to improve license transaction turnaround times? If so, why aren’t they doing it?

[QUOTE=tugsailor;142539]Does the USCG understand that it urgently needs to improve license transaction turnaround times? If so, why aren’t they doing it?[/QUOTE]

I can’t fathom why they aren’t doing it. I miss the old days when you walked into the REC and came out with your license about an hour later

The hang up before in NMC seemed like it was in the medical section. Now it seems like it is hung up in the “PQEB” (Professional Qualifications Evaluations Board). Why it takes so long to evaluate a renewal is beyond the capacity of my little brain.

I email my renewal to REC-Baltimore 8-11-14, Accepted 8-14-14
Fwd to NMC 8-15-14
Medical Certficate approved for issuance and printing 8-18-14
Awaiting PQEB for the rest

Y’all got that right! Use whatever means necessary to keep you ticket renewed. Two renewals ago I had to use a congressman in Florida to get that ball rolling again. My medical certificate renewal in June took two and a half weeks and I had a medical… All is well.

REC St. Louis MO
Application approved : 7/21/14
Medical Certificate issued: 7/29/14
MMC: Ready to be evaluated PQEB 7/28/14

Wondering how long I should stay patient, or just write my congressman sooner than later?