Current Turnaround times for USCG License Renewals

[QUOTE=z-drive;152486]I would tend to agree from my experience. Submit electronically and it should be painless.[/QUOTE]

Submitted mine 1/15, sent to nmc 1/16, approved 1/20 and is on it’s way in the mail 1/21

Now I just need a job.

Not bad.

Submitted Lic. upgrade electronically, received NOLA REC on 1/13, mailed out today 2/4 ~ 23 days, good job NMC. Physical/Medical was within one year fyi.

E filed mine on the 26th of January, February 2nd I passed the Security and Suitability vetting, on the 3rd passed the medical, on the 4th medical certificate was mailed out, now waiting for the PQED to finish. last time I renewed, 2010, it took 3 weeks from the time I sent it in until I had my red book in hand. Also went through REC New Orleans.

E filed last week, had my med cert mailed yesterday. Just e-filed for my master of tow and some other items, waiting to see how that goes.

Received the little red book in the mail today. Even with the minor hiccup concerning the radar certificate, a relatively painless experience.
Submitted 12 Jan, in possession 7 Feb.
27 days total.

[QUOTE=RichM;153944]Received the little red book in the mail today. Even with the minor hiccup concerning the radar certificate, a relatively painless experience.
Submitted 12 Jan, in possession 7 Feb.
27 days total.[/QUOTE]

They seem to be getting quicker but I have gap-closing classes I need by the end of next year, and I’m already worried about that. I’m going to have to set aside money and get signed up for those by the end of this year so I don’t get shut out.

Anyone have a recent update on turnaround?

Just did my medical. Right at 2 weeks from scanner to mailbox.

Emailed to CHA and Fwd to NMC 3/11
Medical Cert Approved and Mailed 3/17
Upgrade Approved and Mailed 4/1

I expect it to be in the mail box tomorrow.

[QUOTE=gulf_engineer;158763]Anyone have a recent update on turnaround?[/QUOTE]

February 24th- Drop of application for upgrade/renewal 1st to Chief
March 4th- Med cert. mailed
March 18th- MMC printed and mailed
March 21st- MMC in hand

I upgraded in March and it took 13 days from dropping off at REC to receiving the email that credential was being printed. GREAT JOB NMC! I must say this was the most pleasant experience for me to date.

Submitted REC Baltimore 4/15 for addition of 3A/E motor to existing lic and DDE 4000

Today- got the Awaiting Information email notice. Now I get to wonder all weekend what they want.

update.

Mega egg on face. I forgot to include my recent drug screen, thinking I’d sent it a couple of months ago with my medical stuff. This is an additional endorsement and they need it so I just sent them a copy.

“we have met the enemy, and he is us”

Hope that’s it…

[QUOTE=Swampfox;158768]Just did my medical. Right at 2 weeks from scanner to mailbox.[/QUOTE]

Anyone else have recent experience with renewing the medical certificate? Seems like at the beginning of the year it was roughly a week from submission to receiving the certificate, I’m hoping that’s still roughly the case.

My medical certificate renewal took just over 3 weeks. But I also had some new STCW endorcements and, a raise of grade.

[QUOTE=awulfclark;160220]Anyone else have recent experience with renewing the medical certificate? Seems like at the beginning of the year it was roughly a week from submission to receiving the certificate, I’m hoping that’s still roughly the case.[/QUOTE]

That’s about right, a week to 10 days if you don’t have any medical issues.

Cool, thanks. mine is just a straight medical certificate with no medical issues so I’m optimistic.

Submitted at REC Thursday and issued Tuesday. I’m pleasantly surprised!

[QUOTE=catherder;159749]Submitted REC Baltimore 4/15 for addition of 3A/E motor to existing lic and DDE 4000

Today- got the Awaiting Information email notice. Now I get to wonder all weekend what they want.

update.

Mega egg on face. I forgot to include my recent drug screen, thinking I’d sent it a couple of months ago with my medical stuff. This is an additional endorsement and they need it so I just sent them a copy.

“we have met the enemy, and he is us”

Hope that’s it…[/QUOTE]

Update, still awaiting assignment to evaluator (PQEB)

Not a renewal, but a raise in grade and submission of the Leadership and managerial skills course certificate, to remove limitation from STCW.

6-29 Submitted to Toledo REC via email
Toledo confirmed receipt 5 mins later
7-7 Toledo sent to USCG NMC
7-15 Passed Safety & Suitability and medical screening
7-23 being evaluated
7-28 Approved to Test
7-31 Tested at Toledo REC
8-11 Approved for issuance
8-12 Issued
8-13 I viewed my credential online through the NMC credential verification page and found the USCG did not remove the " Not valid after December 31st, 2016" from my stcw endorsement, even though I submitted the course certificate from the leadership and managerial skills course, and specifically asked to have it removed on the application. I contacted the NMC via their Live Chat and they said they would look into it.
8-17 Being re-evaluated, approved for issuance
8-18 Issued and mailed
8-20 Received 1st MMC with limitations on it.
8-26 Finally received correct MMC in mail.

So just under two months. Hopefully they can speed things up and not make silly mistakes for everyone who is upgrading and/or submitting their Leadership and managerial skills course certificate.

[QUOTE=GLMASailor;168034]Not a renewal, but a raise in grade and submission of the Leadership and managerial skills course certificate, to remove limitation from STCW.

6-29 Submitted to Toledo REC via email
Toledo confirmed receipt 5 mins later
7-7 Toledo sent to USCG NMC
7-15 Passed Safety & Suitability and medical screening
7-23 being evaluated
7-28 Approved to Test
7-31 Tested at Toledo REC
8-11 Approved for issuance
8-12 Issued
8-13 I viewed my credential online through the NMC credential verification page and found the USCG did not remove the " Not valid after December 31st, 2016" from my stcw endorsement, even though I submitted the course certificate from the leadership and managerial skills course, and specifically asked to have it removed on the application. I contacted the NMC via their Live Chat and they said they would look into it.
8-17 Being re-evaluated, approved for issuance
8-18 Issued and mailed
8-20 Received 1st MMC with limitations on it.
8-26 Finally received correct MMC in mail.

So just under two months. Hopefully they can speed things up and not make silly mistakes for everyone who is upgrading and/or submitting their Leadership and managerial skills course certificate.[/QUOTE]

Would be nice if the recs could fwd stuff a bit quicker too…does one still get evaluated if they are just sending in the gap course certificates to remove the limitation?