Current Turnaround times for USCG License Renewals

Tested last Monday October 20th. Waiting for review October 22nd. Today, Tuesday October 28th, received email approved for issuance and an hour later another email, printed and mailed via USPS. Should have it within 10 days.

Submitted to Rec charleston September 2nd. Received approval to test today. Had about a week hold up due to company letter for VPDSD being written incorrectly. Just an FYI that company letters are still working for VPDSD.

emailed app to REC Balt on Oct. 20
Rec’d at NMC Oct. 22
Cleared security and medical Oct. 24
Being Reviewed Pro. Qual Nov 13
Add’l information Req’d Nov 14

Good work NMC.

Same here!!

• emailed Renewal App. to REC Bal. Oct. 20
  • Medical Cert. issued Oct. 24
  • Evaluated for Pro. qualifications Oct. 13
  • Approval Issuance Oct. 14
  • should recieve it by next week Oct. 18-21

Thanks NMC!!!

[QUOTE=miami;147975]Same here!!

• emailed Renewal App. to REC Bal. Oct. 20
  • Medical Cert. issued Oct. 24
  • Evaluated for Pro. qualifications Oct. 13
  • Approval Issuance Oct. 14
  • should recieve it by next week Oct. 18-21

Thanks NMC!!![/QUOTE]

I think you meant to say you should receive it by next week Nov.18-21

U are correct!! Thnks!

It seems that the work load must have dropped way off at NMC because they are now turning around documents in a reasonable period of time.

I hate to say it (meaning NMC was correct) but I bet a lot of it was folks trying to beat some deadlines for the stcw changes. Submitted something the other day, let’s see.

Any experience on how medical cert turnarounds have been ?

Date received 10/22/2014
Date issued 10/30/2014

From what I hear, if your medical is clean, it gets turned around promptly, but if there is anything to question, it will take weeks, if not months, and medical follow up that can take weeks or months.

I recently heard a story from a guy on a harbor boat that has to work days one week and nights the next week. He admitted on his physical form for renewal that he had been taking some over the counter sleeping pills to help him make the transition from days to nights. That delayed his renewal, required further medical exams, and put him out of work for a month when his license expired before the renewal.

I vaguely remember a story from another guy that took something like “Celebrex” (an expensive super tylnol type product) only to discover that it was on the secret USCG prohibited list. Apparently, a rare side effect is heart valve damage. He could not renew until he spent $5,000 for a CAT scan and had a cardiologist certify that he had no heart valve damage.

So take Nancy Reagan’s advice: Just say no to drugs.

[QUOTE=z-drive;148084]I hate to say it (meaning NMC was correct) but I bet a lot of it was folks trying to beat some deadlines for the stcw changes. [/QUOTE]

Probably not. The only one imminent is the delayed enforcement date of July 1, 2015 for STCW security endorsements (SA and VPDSD). Otherwise, the next deadline for STCW grandfathering is December 31, 2016.

Perhaps, but every idiot I know applied for a stcw security endorsement last year before it was delayed. Allegedly the gummint shit down didn’t help either?

11/18/2014 approved to test.

All,
Please update ifg any one received their approved MMC this week

My status as below:-
[TABLE=“width: 98%”]

[TABLE=“width: 100%”]
[TR]
[TD=“class: pageTitle, colspan: 2”]Application Status
MMLD Privacy Information

Application Status:
								Date Received: 									
								REC Address 									

ACCEPTED 									
									 										10/24/2014 									
								 									 										U.S. Coast Guard Regional Exam Center
								 									 										1222 Spruce Street
								 									 										SUITE 7.105
								 									 										ST LOUIS, MO 63103-2835
								 							 									 										Fax: (314)269-2733 										 										

[/TABLE]
					[/TD]
				[/TR]

[IMG]https://homeport.uscg.mil/portal/images/build/transparent.gif[/IMG] 						

Credential Status 							
						 For more information click 								on the name of the credential.  						

Credential 						
					 							Trans Type 						
					 							Credential State 						
					 							Credential Status Date 						

[TR="class: listItem"]
						   								[MMC](https://homeport.uscg.mil/mycg/portal/ep/mmldSearch.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@1106774053.1416753539@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccdadgeimmdihicfngcfkmdfhfdfgl.0#)  							
						 								ORIGINAL 							
						 								BEING EVALUATED PQEB 							
						 								11/19/2014							 							
					[/TR]
				  						[TR="class: listItem"]
						   								[MEDICAL CERTIFICATE](https://homeport.uscg.mil/mycg/portal/ep/mmldSearch.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@1106774053.1416753539@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccdadgeimmdihicfngcfkmdfhfdfgl.0#)  							
						 								ORIGINAL 							
						 								ISSUED 							
						 								11/06/2014							 							
					[/TR]

[/TABLE]

i have applied for my MMC from St.Louis on 24th Oct.
App is still reviewed by PQEB since 19th Nov 2014:confused:

Check your credential carefully when you get it. I just got my 3A/E license but they did not include QMED any rating under domestic. I noticed this when I checked the verification page on the NMC site. I did get the Able Seafarer-Engine for in’tl. So be sure you got everything you are supposed to get. It’s in the CFRs. or ask a license consultant or Mr. Cavo if you aren’t sure.

My recent STCW endorsements (three weeks ago) were similarly misprinted, wrong language, nonsensical combinations.

They sent new stickers to replace but never admitted/explained why/how or even responded to my inquiry about what the meaning was.

[QUOTE=Mullet Farm;151585]My recent STCW endorsements (three weeks ago) were similarly misprinted, wrong language, nonsensical combinations.

They sent new stickers to replace but never admitted/explained why/how or even responded to my inquiry about what the meaning was.[/QUOTE]

And the thing is, you can be denied a job over one small error and there’s nothing you can do about it except to get it fixed.

You gotta be so vigilant.

[ATTACH]4144[/ATTACH]

“Officer In Charge Of A Navigational Watch” Limited to Non Self Propelled Vessels.

Can’t make this shit up.

Wouldn’t that make you a Barge Captain?