Dropped my packet off in Baltimore on 02 Sept. It has been in WV since 03 Sept awaiting a professional evaluator. Had hoped it would be moving more quickly since the rush of VPDSD should have slowed down, but guess that's why we do these things ensuring enough lead time on our part.
I sent my renewal packet in on august 24th. Just got the email yesterday that it has been approved and being mailed out. Less then a month, not to shabby!!
I just asked them again what happened to an endorsement that I applied for in February. Three days later I got an email saying that they'll put it in the mail.
You're a patient man to wait 7 months before asking WTF. Would love to have some of that
Submitted REC Miami September 15, NMC September19, cleared medical September 23. Waiting PQE.
I still haven't received the new sticker in the mail.
I don't need it to run a tugboat and forgot about it for awhile. But it's time to start looking for a new job, so I might or might not actually need it for the nest job.
So I mailed my application September 2nd to the Toledo REC. They acknowledged receipt and forwarded to NMC September 8th. September 12th it passed medical and was awaiting professional qualifications. September 22nd being evaluated. This morning September 25th received email, approved to test. Going to have to wait a few weeks before I can get to the REC but hopefully the issuance happens in a timely fashion.
It seems that things are greatly improved at NMC. its about time.
Since Sept 12th 2014 my file is waiting to be assigned to a PQEB.
Repost, trying to delete it and option not working.
Today, application is being evaluated for professional qualifications.
Just sent in app for renewal and upgrade/downgrade in license. Not sure how the interpretation works with that. 3AE to DDE unlimited/Chief OSV. Will keep posted.
Just curious but are you retaining your 3AE and just adding endorsements?
If you haven't already, I would think it would pay off to ask to be evaluated under the rules before March 24...because if that's the case they should issue you chief OSV along with DDE unlimited after completing the four module test for DDE unlimited.
But since you are already a 3rd it may even be easier than that as in no exams at all? Let us know curious what they will do.
I'm hoping they'll accept my time as before March 24th. My understanding is that I'll need to take another test for DDE unlimited and then Chief OSV will be a freebie.
Chief Seadog, I'm keeping my 3AE and adding DDE, Chief OSV, and QMED any rating.
I applied for an upgrade on my license after March 24 and was reviewed under the new rules. You may need to ask to be reviewed under the old rules. I'm currently trying to get them to redone app
Make sure you understand the difference between the rules for the endorsements you are applying for before you ask for one or the other. Depending on what you applied for, the new rules might be more favorable. For example, for many engineering endorsements, the exams under the new rule have less subjects on them. Another example is sea time for unlimited deck licenses. The minimum tonnage under the old rules was 200 GRT, it's 100 GRT under the new rules.
the old rules favor me and I'm trying to get them to use the old rules for me since I started sea service prior to the change. Thank you tho
NMC seems to be more prompt now.
NMC now officially advising "11 days" before asking them for an update.
"Your submission will be processed in the order it was received, so please allow 11 business days after receiving this notification to check on the status of your application."