Crowley Commitment Class

I’ve heard the same, I also heard that they “fixed” it without taking the ship out of the water

And under ACP, Class Societies review much more than Class items and issue statutory certificates.

https://www.dco.uscg.mil/acp/DNV/

All this is interesting conversation BUT the most important part is that I heard she handles amazingly well, has a great rudder and has tons of power with strong bells. Back to basics, it seems she is going to be a great addition for Crowley to replace those barges.

The Grimaldi vessels are too much fun to drive! Rocket Ships! And great espresso too.

Yes, but are all large US ships under ACP?
More specifically,; is/was Marjorie C??

I can’t find that out. However, the link I provided shows what statutory certificates that DNV can issue on behalf of the USCG outside of the ACP.

Don’t confuse regulatory inspections after delivery with those that occur during construction. ACP is an agreement between the Owner, Class and USCG.
Class reviews all drawings pertaining to construction. Inspections carried out during construction have to do with verification of QA. The USCG is primarily concerned with safety and will focus on those plans/systems though they have the option to review more. Some of those plans specifically require their approval.

Since Pasha’s other ships are enrolled in the ACP program I would venture to say the she is as well. But ACP is not really relevant until delivery and operation thereafter.

No confusion at all. In addition to the class work, each RO is authorized to review certain statutory items (during construction), issue certificates (at delivery), and conduct follow-up inspections (after delivery) on behalf of the USCG. Under ACP, those authorizations are extended. It is very relevant from the moment the contract is signed and/or the vessel is enrolled in ACP.

Looks like Crowley just got its 2nd Commitment Class delivery from VT Halter.
https://worldmaritimenews.com/archives/267141/2nd-lng-powered-conro-joins-crowleys-fleet/