Combining technologies for space with the ones used for deep-sea exploration

Recently I was responsible to compiling a report with different technologies used for the deep-sea exploration. I have to admit my surprise by realising how similar is the technologies used for the space exploration and the ones used for the deep-sea.
It is a fact that the maturity of the technologies for space exploration is greater than the technologies for deep-sea exploration. Still, I am wondering:
• Why does not exist more collaboration between these two sectors (space and maritime)?
• Is there any room for exchange of knowledge between the maritime sector and the space sector?
• Can the space technology be adapted in order to push forward the deep-sea exploration?
Are there any thoughts regarding this theme?

[QUOTE=John Smith Doe;190689]Recently I was responsible to compiling a report with different technologies used for the deep-sea exploration. I have to admit my surprise by realising how similar is the technologies used for the space exploration and the ones used for the deep-sea.
It is a fact that the maturity of the technologies for space exploration is greater than the technologies for deep-sea exploration. Still, I am wondering:
• Why does not exist more collaboration between these two sectors (space and maritime)?
• Is there any room for exchange of knowledge between the maritime sector and the space sector?
• Can the space technology be adapted in order to push forward the deep-sea exploration?
Are there any thoughts regarding this theme?[/QUOTE]

Hello John Smith Doe - Welcome - I have a feeling that program funding may be one of the hurdles? The cost of failure is also very high. It is also mentioned in the below article a lack of communication.

by Jeff Foust — November 20, 2015 spacenews.com