Bouchard B-255 USCG Hearing

I should have clarified further, but according to the liability act, the owner had to of been unaware of the issues that led up to the accident and at the same time bouchard is trying to separate their past safety issues and non conformities to the present one.

Morty is worried that his reputation is being irreparably harmed. It should be. Firing people who get sick and cancelling their health insurance. Making others strugle to get their retirement funds after quiting. There are also lots of people who never got reimbursed for training Morty said he would pay for. It’s despicable that he is trying to keep his safety and maintenance record fleetwide from having a bearing on the 255 case.

2 Likes

@jody that’s very interesting as it’s a well known fact he donates big money …does he have connections or friends with big people in the coast guard? or no I would Imange he does but not really sure how it works

Or if anyone has any information on the donations to the coast guard every year

He’s been a trustee of the foundation. Also this:

The event also honored President & CEO of Bouchard Transportation Co., Inc. Morton S. Bouchard III for the shipbuilding company’s support of the Coast Guard Foundation over the last 30 years.

Morton S. Bouchard, III has been a leader in supporting the Coast Guard Foundation’s mission and policies for more than two decades. Serving as a Trustee for the Coast Guard Foundation from 1998 to 2013, Bouchard’s support and leadership has been critical for expansion of the Foundation’s education, morale and relief programs.

2 Likes

Yeah I knew this info but I wonder who his buddies are in the coast guard there’s a reason he donates big money to them

Standard legal manouvering.

Limitation is rarely granted in these days of instant communications and micromanagement by the office. If the facts presented to the court are similar to the testimony presented to the USCG, Bouchard is highly unlikely to get limitation.

1 Like

It’s also used to try for a more favorable Court and/or Judge.

His reputation is already garbage.

1 Like

So not only did this incident kill 2 people, but it also accounted for 95% of the total oil spilled in 2017 as reported to the USCG. Refer to page 5 AWO Annual Safety Report for 2017: https://www.americanwaterways.com/sites/default/files/2017USCG-AWOAnnualSafetyReport31Jul2018.pdf

A royal fuck up that not only killed 2 people but also resulted in the by far the biggest oil spill reported last year.

Garry said he received a middle-of-the-night haranguing phone call from one of the Bouchard owners for authorizing two firefighters to sleep on the tugboat and eat a meal there. Garry said the firefighters had been standing watch for a potential re-ignition of the barge and when their shift was over, the sea was too rough for them to return safely to shore.

“This isn’t your boat. This isn’t your tugboat. Who authorized this?” Bouchard said, according to Garry.

Link to quoted gCaptain article posted earlier in the thread.

Holy shit what a miserable tightwad son of a bitch.

thats not very surprising.

1 Like