Bordelon Marine plans to build three 252-foot PSVs on their own

[LEFT]recently found this. can anyone verify???

Bordelon Dives into Shipbuilding[/LEFT]Bordelon Marine has taken the risky step of undertaking the construction of its own boats. Back in December, they bought one of the marginal players in the industry, Mariner Shipyard, in Houma, a company that had managed to build only six boats over the preceding six years. Now Bordelon plans to build three 252-foot PSVs there, with the first delivery in January. Are they crazy? I can’t count the number of reasons why this is a bad idea.[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]August 10[SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080][I], 2012.

http://www.coltoncompany.com/[/I][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/B]
[/SIZE]

I don’t know, OCLLC bought a small yard in Houma and they are doing just fine with it. I think it all comes down to hiring a top flight yard super to run the show. You get a big league manager you can attract the talent and the rest is just pieces of a big model to build.

Do not get me started on that disgrace of a company.

They bought the old mariner ship yard in the munson slip across from the new Chouest yard.

Knowing how they run their operation they are not willing to pay for talelent, just enough to get the job done.

Ill just say its a great place to work as long as you don’t mind being asked to break the law, but don’t worry they will have you’re back…

Yes they are building a few to start. First one supposedly done in February.

Hey Jemplayer, Do they still have the Mr Offshore in their yard in Houma? What are the plans for that rust bucket?

Bordelon ?? With what finance?

Cat Financial? Maybe they got some Wall Street cash like Shane Guidry. Maybe building new OSV’s will be the next bubble and then crash. If we save our money now and ride the wave we will all be set for life. We can all buy our own OSV at auction when the banks foreclose on them.

You hit the mark there ! LOL Geeez.