Best ships in the movies

didn’t the producers of Sand Pebbles actually have the vessel built for the film?

Who can forget (remember even?) the Faraday in Get Carter…http://www.getcartertour.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/getcarter/northferry2.htm

How did I miss this thread??

The R/V Belafonte from Life Aquatic!

2 Likes

SS CLARIDON in The Last Voyage. Actually the old ILE DE FRANCE. The former owners were none to pleased about its use, either. . .

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=c.captain;14902]didn’t the producers of Sand Pebbles actually have the vessel built for the film?[/QUOTE]

Yup. Cummins diesel powered, too. . . .

The Liparus was a supertanker owned by shipping magnate Karl Stromberg in the classic Bond film The Spy Who Loved Me!

SY679

And nobody nominates the Exon Valdez in her epic cameo appearance?

1 Like

This scene from the “MOST ACCURATE” maritime movie ever made - Contraband!

Marky Mark spends his entire hitch cleaning carpets in the wheelhouse, the Wiper takes the blame for not enough oil in the CPP causing this allission with a terminal, and the Captain just yells at some lady on the dock afterword and that is the end of it.

Mark Whalberg reads this forum and very much prefers to be called Mark Whalberg… or at least that’s what his PR rep told me when we were working on the Deepwater Horizon movie. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is nothing to be ashamed of with the Funky Bunch :sunglasses:

1 Like