Best Maritime Training Class Ever?

Good question. The answer is Idk.

What I do know is I’ve taken three seperate ecdis courses overseas, all at a great investment of time and money, and I still don’t have my endorsement because I can’t imagine attending a uscg approved class without sticking both feet in my mouth… and that never ends well.

And I’m also dragging my feet on the leadership class because, from what I hear, I’ll be spending most my time taking notes for 3 part diatribe that Mikey will spend days begging me not to publish on gCaptain… which also won’t end well for me.

And the problem isn’t with the schools themselves (many are really good) or the instructors (a mixed bag) but that they all teach the same minimum standards. I don’t want to go to a course to check off a box but I am very eager to attend a course that really teaches ecdis (or leadership)… but that’s very hard to find considering they all have to stick to the uscg’s minimum standards.

But maybe that’s just me… many seem content just getting all the boxes checked by noon then heading to the bar.

While I haven’t taken AMA’s classes, I have spent a small fortune on similar ones and YES the results are eye opening!!