Attending mass maritime academy

Hello everyone my name Is Daniel Rodriguez and I have just recently gotten out the navy where I did four years as an engine man . I am very I retested in mass maritime academy, does anyone know if it is difficult to get into and if not what are the prereq’s to attending the school???

www.maritime.edu/index.cfm?pg=1455

63% acceptance is’nt hard.

I am currently a senior at MMA. I was accepted after graduating high school with a low 2 GPA. I then left for 7 years and came back to finish my degree. It is not too difficult to get into from what I remember. But, we did have the largest freshmen class ever this past fall, so they admissions dept may be a bit more picky about whom they accept now because of the large number of applicants. The fact that you have been in the Navy will help your chances a lot.

Good luck.

look @ maine if you haven’t. Not suggesting one over the other for various reasons (tuition etc) but so many people never even consider it.

State schools are for losers.

go to Kings Point as they host the best and brightest.

^^^
Why do I do that? Bored I guess.

Dan, as a Navy Vet and assuming you had reasonably good HS grades, you should get into any of the State Schools. Read the archived posts in this section to get a feel what the schools are like.

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;105302]State schools are for losers.

go to Kings Point as they host the best and brightest.[/QUOTE]

^^^Why do I do that? Bored I guess.

Dan, as a Navy Vet and assuming you had reasonably good HS grades, you should get into any of the State Schools. Read the archived posts in this section to get a feel what the schools are like.

I think any of them will accept you. SUNY loves to accept former enlisted into the program. They will usually make you a day student which means you barely have to do any of the regimental stuff.

I know maine as former military will be easy as pie as far as the regimental crap goes. I reckon they used to call it non-traditional student back then.