Are you professional enough to post on "gCaptain"?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Not according to the reports

Correct. And you could have spent the last three years looking at how professional mariners and the IMO come up with those. Then cross reference how many suggest lowering half of your lifeboat capacity and tow it behind you to Canada.

Correct

Correct, my translation with only the your words and the AMVER press release to go by.

He probably was thinking things through, but your right I would most likely have not gone in the drink for you. Not because I would not want to save you, but because I know my limits and even though I grew up on the water a fair bit on sailboats and have sailed professionally for some time, I’m actually not a strong swimmer and may have required rescue myself.

Count your blessings.

Below: Is a post from somebody’s daughter that was not as lucky.

This is a post I never thought I would be writing. Last Sunday, we lost contact with my dad at 9:30 pm PST after receiving a series of distressing messages he sent via his satellite communicator from out at sea. He is in the most remote spot on the planet, 1,000 miles from land, en route from Mexico to Hiva Oa in French Polynesia, single-handing his 36’ sailboat, Celebration.

Below are a few messages from the family at the end of the thread.

Did you not have a life jacket? If so, why not?

thats the be all, end all for nice weather?
I’ve had my ass kicked on plenty of sunny days.

sounds like this captain was a nice guy and didn’t want to hurt your feelings by debunking your suggestions on how he could have saved your ass in a more efficient way.

how many tankers have you manuevered in open sea with your six pack license?

how many dynamic crane lifts have you done in the open ocean?

Personally I’d categorize the risk on using a lifeboat as high. 4 for loss severity, 2 for probability, though more like 2.5 with how common of an occurance it is known to be. Resulting in 8, or “High Risk”.

To further illustrate my point. Here’s some reading.

http://gcaptain.com/why-are-lifeboats-killing-seafarers/

It was such a pleasant sunny day, but still rough enough to destroy your not sinking sailboat when you came alongside.

Give me a break. You fucked up in your choice of crew, you fucked up again by not telling her to shut the fuck up. Instead you activated an emergency system so she could go home. You could have avoided being in the water by telling tough titty and continuing on.

Furthermore you make it sound like lowering yourself down the stern of a ship at sea to pluck someone from the water is this normal everyday task. That captain went to extraordinary levels of personal risk to save your ungrateful dumb ass. He isn’t obligated to do that, we aren’t the national guard, the coast guard, or a fucking crossing guard. I’ll render any assistance I can with out putting myself or my crew in undue risk. You know why? Beucause I like many mariners have a family at home, and they matter a whole lot more to me than some whiny little cunt like yourself. If he had died rescuing you, if any of his crew had, would you support their families?

No, you’d probably go on an Internet forum and tell everyone what they should have done. Take your six pack and shove it up your ass. I had a 100 ton at 19 but much like my dick, I don’t go waving that around the room.

Probably in a very sarcastic tone and dropped his head while gritting his teeth while struggling not to slam a fist between your idiot eyes. The master sounds like a wise man who instantly recognized you as a fool not worth bitch slapping and has since been very thankful for not risking any of his crew to save your sorry ass but may wonder about the wisdom of even stopping for you.

Now please go away and whine someplace else … not only are you ignorant and stupid, you are very annoying.

http://www.triumphcharters.com/Campaign.html

Maybe when you finally win the presidency you can have the secret service round me up tough guy.

Further more, it might serve you well to remember before you threaten someone on the internet while posting under your actual name, that we all know who you are, and a rough area of where to find you. We know what your wife looks like, your boat. You don’t have a fucking clue who any of us are. Hell I worked with a tankerman once who did five for manslaughter after killing a guy in a bar fight. So until you do become president and have the secret service to back your twitter beefs up, you might want to think twice before typing.