Anyone tried the new Nautical Institute website?

I am trying to log my DP days in the new Alexis platform. Every entry I have made gets an error “cannot validate ship or DP class”. Anyone else having this issue?

Yes, I have tried the new portal but I have experienced a different problem. The website automatically inputs the days for one day prior to what I enter when entering Sea Time for Familiarization. Additionally when I begin to enter Sea Time for Watch-keeping that is prior to Advanced I am given an error message “Failed to Validate the dates with Advanced Course” and I am unable to proceed. According to the NI you are allowed to use a max of 30 days prior to induction for watch keeping yet the portal will not let me input it. I think this new portal is set up for the new NI scheme that took effect Jan. 1 2015 and this will cause an issue for others that still fall under old scheme.

Did you have any luck with your issue or a contact you could share to resolve mine?

Thanks

I am experiencing troubles as well. The new application is impossible to fill out exactly like my logbook (older blue book). Can’t wait for the Coast Guard to take over!

Apparently all of the class certificates need to be re-entered into the system in order for the vessels to be validated. That’s the hold up in my case.

Experiencing the same Issues as mentioned above. System is not allowing me to enter any days prior to induction class and also when days are entered to automatically posts as the previous days date. Anyone get a response from them regarding this?

The 30 day issue was resolved for me. It was a glitch in system. As for the day prior, I will be calling tomorrow. I tried calling last week and the woman told me I would have to speak to a supervisor as she didn’t have an explanation.

[QUOTE=ATB2N2;154237]The 30 day issue was resolved for me. It was a glitch in system. As for the day prior, I will be calling tomorrow. I tried calling last week and the woman told me I would have to speak to a supervisor as she didn’t have an explanation.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I’m still getting this error when I try to submit. https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7gb8a8mrenf2hg/screen%20shot.png?dl=0
Was this the same error that you were getting when you weren’t able to submit with the 30 days prior to the induction course entered?

No. Mine had do with the system being set up for the new scheme where you can’t use 30 days prior

[QUOTE=ATB2N2;154256]No. Mine had do with the system being set up for the new scheme where you can’t use 30 days prior[/QUOTE]
Ok gotcha, Just got off the phone with the NI and they said they should have the issue resolved today with the 30 days prior. Also they told me that if the dates are coming up as the day prior once entered to simply just enter the days one day later that way once saved they are correct. Hope this helps! and if anyone uploads an incorrect attachment, like i did, you have to call them and they will delete it for you right then and there over the phone.

Thanks, unfortunately entering days later dies not work as I already tried that. Thanks for the info though. Good luck

I have been unable to get the re validate option to come up and therefore unable to input any log book or cert information. Anybody else had this?

Same here. I sent them a message asking, but haven’t heard back.[QUOTE=CapChitown;154308]I have been unable to get the re validate option to come up and therefore unable to input any log book or cert information. Anybody else had this?[/QUOTE]

Just an FYI, the Alexis Website only seems about 75% compatible for Macs running Safari. Try on a PC with a common browser if you are having issues. Been trying to enter my data for weeks. Doh!

[QUOTE=Bloodyshitcakes;152010]Apparently all of the class certificates need to be re-entered into the system in order for the vessels to be validated. That’s the hold up in my case.[/QUOTE]

I was able to enter about half of my days into the system, but any days from 2015 give me the “failed to validate ship and DP class” error. I guessed it may be because my ship just got a certification renewal from ABS in January, so I emailed a copy of our new ABS cert to NI. Any guess how long that will take? My 5 year clock is ticking from when I started the program!

I had the,same problem and had to e,ail them copies of the DP Classification Certificates,for,the,specific time periods that I was attempting to enter.

[QUOTE=captaint76;159937]I had the,same problem and had to e,ail them copies of the DP Classification Certificates,for,the,specific time periods that I was attempting to enter.[/QUOTE]
Glad to know it’s not just me. Did they respond to you?

Yes but it took several days.

Entered mine 2weeks ago without a problem, just the days. I haven’t added the attachments yet though. From what I read they had taking a lot of boats out of the system but put them back in around the 1st of feb. This would allow you to enter your time and you would have to get a DP classification certificate from the company.

Hope I posted that right. Been a long two weeks to remember exactly.

The Nautical Institute is not only about DP and DPO Certification, they are also a major player in other educational and certification activities.
The latest is courses to meet the new requirement for Ice Navigation in accordance with IMO’s new Polar Code: http://www.hellenicshippingnews.com/the-nautical-institute-launches-ice-navigator-scheme/

It’s not hard to imagine how badly the NI will screw this up — with tremendously long processing delays, and excessive nitpicking — that will have mariners wishing that they were dealing with the the incompetent and dilatory coalminer’s daughters at the USCG NMC instead.