Anyone near Dos Bocas hear or see this

As reported on Nola.com:

"An oil tanker of Mexican state oil company Pemex was ablaze in the Gulf of Mexico on Saturday (Sept. 24), forcing all the crew to be evacuated, Reuters reports. The blaze on the tanker “Burgos” occurred off the coast of Boca del Rio in Veracruz state and all 31 of the crew were evacuated and are safe, Pemex said in a tweet.

Read the full Reuters report here.

Pemex tweeted in Spanish that “Burgos is designed to carry hydrocarbons; his double-hull eliminates the risk of spills.” It also tweeted: “There is no risk to the population or facilities close to the incident.”

Business Insider quoted Mexican news site Sin Embargo as saying the Burgos was carrying 80,000 barrels of diesel fuel, 71,000 barrels of unleaded gasoline, and 16,000 barrels of desulfurized gasoline.

Business Insider reports, "The fire follows a series of other mishaps at Pemex,’’ including the deaths of more than 30 and injuries to dozens of people in April after an explosion at a petrochemical plant in southeast Veracruz state, a joint venture between Pemex and another firm.

[QUOTE=Sailor24;190784]As reported on Nola.com:

"An oil tanker of Mexican state oil company Pemex was ablaze in the Gulf of Mexico on Saturday (Sept. 24), forcing all the crew to be evacuated, Reuters reports. The blaze on the tanker “Burgos” occurred off the coast of Boca del Rio in Veracruz state and all 31 of the crew were evacuated and are safe, Pemex said in a tweet.

Read the full Reuters report here.

Pemex tweeted in Spanish that “Burgos is designed to carry hydrocarbons; his double-hull eliminates the risk of spills.” It also tweeted: “There is no risk to the population or facilities close to the incident.”

Business Insider quoted Mexican news site Sin Embargo as saying the Burgos was carrying 80,000 barrels of diesel fuel, 71,000 barrels of unleaded gasoline, and 16,000 barrels of desulfurized gasoline.

Business Insider reports, "The fire follows a series of other mishaps at Pemex,’’ including the deaths of more than 30 and injuries to dozens of people in April after an explosion at a petrochemical plant in southeast Veracruz state, a joint venture between Pemex and another firm.[/QUOTE]

Looks like they could use more fireboats

Glad the crew is safe from this hellish nightmare.

Video: https://www.rt.com/viral/360552-pemex-oil-tanker-fire-mexico/

Quick, somebody get Deep Sea Diver, he’s the only one who can save the ship!

There’s no internet there, the VSAT dome burned off. DSD will be clueless when unable to google for arcane shipboard firefighting techniques.

I only very briefly read the story this morning. So I really do not know too much about it yet. But happy nobody was killed or hurt.

DSD

[QUOTE=DeepSeaDiver;190816]I only very briefly read the story this morning. So I really do not know too much about it yet. But happy nobody was killed or hurt.

DSD[/QUOTE]

I expected better from you, the forum deserves better, I hope you go home and have a nice long think about how you disappointed us all.