Another subtle attack on Jones Act?

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;182051]I wish you would help me understand where you’re getting all this information from. You should ask for your money back.[/QUOTE]

I have been around enough white privledged academy grads to know what “I happen to be of central-American [I]descent[/I]” means. It means that when you visit your family in the third world, they aren’t living in a house that was half way blown away by a hurricane that happened 7 years ago. Thats what white privledge is.

I’ll let my three Honduran-born grandparents (all still living, thankfully) know what you think, I’m sure they’d sympathize with you.

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;182058]I’ll let my three Honduran-born grandparents (all still living, thankfully) know what you think, I’m sure they’d sympathize with you.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;182038]I’ve been roughing it out here a hell of a lot longer than you have, buck up buttercup.[/QUOTE]

Very interesting…according to this thread that you started in 2012, in 2012 you were [I]“currently a student at a maritime academy and have just crossed the half-way point in my education”[/I]. Then you stated that [I]“This hardly qualifies me as a member of the greater “club” that is the industry itself”.[/I]

Yup, I think I can pretty much discredit everything you say now and assume you are probably just a white priveldeged academy grad who thinks their experiences would resemble that of a hawsepiper working thier way up from the bottom. I am sure you have gained a lot of experience in the two years since you graduated.

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;70843]Does anyone know of any merchant mariner clubs? I’ve heard of Mariner’s House in Boston and the website of the Soldiers’, Sailors’, Marines’, Coast Guard and Airmen’s Club in NYC says that they serve merchant mariners as well as the uniformed services but as best as I can understand these are sort of like hostels for mariners who are just passing through. What I’m wondering is if there any “clubs” out there for people like us in the older, perhaps more traditional, sense of the word: somewhere with some sort of bar/lounge(s), restaurant/dining room(s), maybe lodging upstairs, and the occasional programming directed at the theme of the club, i.e. speakers, industry professionals, etc. The place I imagine is somewhere for like-minded individuals and professionals to meet, relax, converse, connect, and anything else you can think of.

Maybe this is little more than wishful thinking but I thought I’d throw the hook out there and see what I pull in for information. I am currently a student at a maritime academy and have just crossed the half-way point in my education. This hardly qualifies me as a member of the greater “club” that is the industry itself but this way of life is something that I intend to actively participate in for a very long time to come so I guess you could say I’m just doing a little bit of investigating into my future.

If no such place exists perhaps the time has come to create one? Food for thought.

Thank you all for any information you provide.[/QUOTE]

Please grow up little girl…then contact me after you’ve hawspiped it up the engineering side without ever telling anyone you were a mate (thats cheating you know 'cause then you get to sit on the officer’s side). Better yet if you do it on OSV’s and not anything government owned!

You caught me, it is I, Admiral Watson!

well it is sadly obvious that there are enough here who will heed my call to not answer “the lady” so you get what you deserve from her. I for one am through with this ugly thread which has now disintegrated to the point where it no longer retains any value whatsoever.

good job people!

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;182061]You caught me, it is I, Admiral Watson!
[/QUOTE]

The worst kind of white privledge is that kind expressed by coddled snot nosed academy brats

I only ship for the fun and adventure. I actually own a cotton plantation in Mississippi.

[video=youtube_share;4XEq6XYtMVU]http://youtu.be/4XEq6XYtMVU[/video]

I only work on tugs because my trust fund specifies that I have to make a specific dollar amount on my own to get my check. I feel it’s discrimination though, damn grand parents. We have a lot in common.

It’s funny. Sometimes people that go straight to college right out of high school actually are smarter than people that don’t go to college. Not always, maybe not even often, but once in a while there is a real smart person that went to college. Why complain about it? I never understood such people? Is it jealousy?

I know I would never have learned all the theory I posses if I didn’t attend college. No amount of on-the-job experience would’ve taught me all the thermodynamics, mechanical design, materials science, statics, deforms, etc etc etc. Not all of it used, but it’s in the file cabinet if ever needed. And this was learned age 18-23.

There’s people out there that know more stuff than I do. I try to learn from them, instead of get angry lol

It’s not about that. Some of them (not all) can be rather assuming and pretentious.
And I doubt Ms. Sailor Moon can show me much about about how to check the dates on fire extinguishers which I don’t already know

I feel sorry for whoever has to work with her. If I ever see the name Emma Sanchez related to a vessel I’m going to work on, it’s either her or me.

Have you people never heard the expression “don’t wrestle with the pig”?

[QUOTE=Kraken;182083]Have you people never heard the expression “don’t wrestle with the pig”?[/QUOTE]

That may be accurate on more than one level!LOL!

The world is run by elites and oligarchs. Want a piece of the pie, play the game. Think you are smarter than them…hell maybe you are smarter than them…it doesn’t fucking matter!

Also: Female Researcher: We Must Make STEM Courses ‘Less Competitive’ to Be More ‘Inclusive’ of Women

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/433091/stem-fields-women-courses-competition

To defeat the pig, one must become the pig.

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;182032] I choose not to feel oppressed by men and so I am not oppressed by men. There ends the lesson.

Girl power!!![/QUOTE]

Very interesting, you “choose not to be oppressed by men”.

So I have to assume that you might behave like the other MMA cadet/mates I worked with…
the one specifically that I remember didn’t mind spending 'quality" time with guys from both the deck [I]and[/I] engineering departments…same boat, same hitch! I’m sure nobody felt “oppressed” at all.

I would further speculate that if were in shipyard period and you had a boyfriend, you would tell him “sorry hunny, I am spending [I]quality[/I] time with “the boys” tonight… you are gonna have to wait your turn…!”

This leads me to wonder…what exact “lessons” are they teaching at that place???

It must be very nice to be a mate, and not have to face social consequences for behaving in such a manner!

You are the PRIME example of that the movement #solidarityisforwhitewomen is about.

>>Privileged white women, not giving a f%^&* about the experiences of everybody else because because they have already gotten where they are<<

In addition to that missy…why don’t you tell all your buddy and boy friends on here who you are so chummed up with how you [I]really[/I] feel about affirmative action.

Please do tell use all PaddyWest2012. What are your exact views on affirmative action??
I am very curious…

Good lord someone pull the trigger on this thread. If someone like paddy west can get pulled in the abyss all hope is lost.
I’m scratching my head wondering why in the hell this thread is still going on and that union thread which didnt have much drama in the employment forum got locked. wtf?

I heard the Easter Bunny was a hawsepiper on a boat full of bears. The bunny constantly got discriminated against for being in the Bears World. Was a bad time. Sniff sniff tears.

[QUOTE=Ctony;182110]Good lord someone pull the trigger on this thread. If someone like paddy west can get pulled in the abyss all hope is lost.
I’m scratching my head wondering why in the hell this thread is still going on and that union thread which didnt have much drama in the employment forum got locked. wtf?[/QUOTE]

the request has been made

I hate to see threads become closed but in this case it is the only way to stifle “the lady” although I wish I could strangle her instead!

I know I have my share of forum members who hold their nose when they read my posts but this shemale is so downright odious and repugnant that I literally do not believe she has one single person here who will stand in her defense? What a very lonely world she must live in…