Another Military Sealift Command thread

That should mean HR released it to the hiring manager. That’s been my experience with the civil service.

[QUOTE=ddash79;144281]I just received an email today saying that my application for the any entry level position I applied in August for was forwarded. Is this a good thing?[/QUOTE]

It means you’re still in the fight!

Yes. I sent DD214 with application.

I also have applied for the entry level position that was open on August 18th. They have sent me 2 notice emails to update my profile. I would assume this is a good thing. But my status is still the same saying Received. I am a newbie with the maritime industry. any good pointers on trying to get into MSC.

They should have given you a deadline on those notices to update your profile. Once you have done that you can email the support center on the msc website and let them know you have updated the profile and then they will review your profile again and if it is complete then you will either receive an email saying your application has been forwarded or you will receive a letter of denial.

I also applied for the any entry level opening in august hoping to hear good news soon. Haven’t got a rejection letter yet, so I guess I am still in the race. I pretty much wrote a short essay of why they should hire me. :cool:

I just got an email from Military Sealift Command. My status has changed from “Forwarded” to “Under Review for Suitability”. I have no idea what that means, but I am nervous. Hopefully I am getting closer to the job of my dreams.

[QUOTE=ordinary_seaman;146411]I just got an email from Military Sealift Command. My status has changed from “Forwarded” to “Under Review for Suitability”. I have no idea what that means, but I am nervous. Hopefully I am getting closer to the job of my dreams.[/QUOTE]

Same here, my application is “Under Review for Suitability” as well.

[QUOTE=ordinary_seaman;146411]I just got an email from Military Sealift Command. My status has changed from “Forwarded” to “Under Review for Suitability”. I have no idea what that means, but I am nervous. Hopefully I am getting closer to the job of my dreams.[/QUOTE]

I’ve only done Navy civil service, not MSC. I take that status to mean that the hiring manager is reviewing your resume, along with the others forwarded by the HR folks.

[QUOTE=TheShipCantSink;146446]Same here, my application is “Under Review for Suitability” as well.[/QUOTE]

Did your application make it to this point the last time you applied?

[QUOTE=ordinary_seaman;146469]Did your application make it to this point the last time you applied?[/QUOTE]

That is a negative, sir!

God willing we might just have us a new job then.

[QUOTE=TheShipCantSink;146478]That is a negative, sir![/QUOTE]

God willing we might just have us a new job then.

Good luck! MSC is a great place to work.

I received the same and further received a call today for a interview later this week. :rolleyes:

I got the same message with my application haven’t received a call yet though

Wow that’s great news and good luck to you all whose status has changed. Mine still says forwarded so hopefully I’m next to get my status changed.

[QUOTE=travel2write;146577]I received the same and further received a call today for a interview later this week. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

That’s good. Hopefully, we all are next.

I have a phone interview on Tuesday. What type of questions do they ask?

“Do you like movies about gladiators?”

“Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?”