AMHS Steward, Would appreciate shoe recommendation

I landed a steward position with the Alaska Marine Highway. I have everything squared away except for one thing, I need black non skid shoes, (no boots). The town I live in, and all the towns within 80 miles, have dick for men’s shoes unless you are ok with Walmart shoes. This leaves me the online route. If anyone out there has a recommendation on some quality shoes to stand/walk12 hours a day in, it would be very helpful and appreciated.

Thanks,

Willie

[QUOTE=OneEyeWillie;180929]I landed a steward position with the Alaska Marine Highway. I have everything squared away except for one thing, I need black non skid shoes, (no boots). The town I live in, and all the towns within 80 miles, have dick for men’s shoes unless you are ok with Walmart shoes. This leaves me the online route. If anyone out there has a recommendation on some quality shoes to stand/walk12 hours a day in, it would be very helpful and appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Check out Zappos.com.

They carry a wide range of work shoes suitable for you. Look at Skechers Work shoes. There are other brands, too. Zappos has a great return policy.

If you want Made in USA shoes, try Red Wings or Carolina shoes. I don’t know if they carry an oxford or slip-on low shoe, though

Thank you for the advice. I will check all that out.

Cheers,

Willie

Thank you for the tips. I have some Redwing steel toed boots. Hope the shoes are as comfortable.

Cheers,

Willie